12 Aug 2017

Review: Laneige Eyebrow Cushion-Cara #02 Two-Tone Brown


Laneige likes anything "two-tone". Its two-tone lip stick makes a debunk across the world last year. Now, it comes out with this gorgeous two-tone eye brow in the form of cushion! Come on... what can be cuter, more convenient, and fuss-free than a eyebrow cushion?! Naturally, I couldn't resist the temptation to bring it home when I learned about its existence several months ago at the Laneige road show.

Basically, this is a handy, convenient, easy-to-use eyebrow liquid in the form of cushion. It will take care of your eyebrow line/base and colour in one. And it also comes in a small mirror for travelling and reapplication convenience.

Before this we have cushion foundation, now we have cushion (mas)cara. It retails at RM 105 each without a refill pack. I would consider it pricey given the amount of products it come with, but since I never try a eyebrow cushion before, I'm willing to give this a try!


There are two different versions, namely the two-tone gray (gray brown/khaki brown) and two-tone brown (dark brown/light brown). The one I have is the two-tone brown. I swatched it on my eyebrow the other day and the two-tone brown appears more natural-looking despite my darker hair colour. I guess it is just a personal preference.




HOW TO USE

I will just show you the official illustration as my eyebrow drawing skill is kinda meh so I don't want to mislead you guys especially beginners.


First, I brush my eyebrow with the brush provided. Next, I draw a contour of my eyebrow beginning by drawing a line at the bottom. The sharp diagonal shape makes it really easy to draw a straight line. Then, fill in the eyebrow carefully to produce a natural look.


After you are done with the "base", pick a little bit of the lighter shade with the soft Mohican brush, and comb the eyebrow in the direction of your eyebrow texture.

FERFORMANCE


This actually eases my makeup (eyebrow-drawing) application. It is much more convenient than eyebrow pencil, as you don't have to bring a small mirror, eyebrow tattoo/tint, and eyebrow pencil with you. This will settle it all.


The eyebrow cushion is also very pigmented. Most problem I have with normal eyebrow pencil is its lack of pigment. It just doesn't seem to stay on my eyebrow long enough. Innisfree, Missha, ZA, and many more eyebrow pencils I have tried simply fail me. But Laneige one does stay, at least for half a day, more than enough for a dinner night or official function.

I also like how this makes application easier. I am not particularly skillful at eyebrow-drawing so my eyebrow often ends up looking very unnatural. But this product with its unique diagonal shaped brush, actually produces nice shape in one go so I really like it!

CONCLUSION





In short, would I recommend this eyebrow cushion-cara? Yes! Absolutely! I find it convenient, easy-to-use, multipurpose, and pigmented. I won't say that it is very pigmented because sometimes it doesn't work well on damp surface or right after sunscreen application. And the colour isn't too long-lasting either. However, it is definitely better than many other eyebrow pencil I've used before. It is perfect for makeup beginners, and its thin Mohican brush is designed to prevent any clumping like other brow mascara.

As for whether or not this worth the money you are paying for, I think it is a very subjective question. I got mine with free gifts during Laneige road show so it is quite a deal. I know it is retailed at RM 80 or so online. You can probably find it at cheaper prices in Korea. Besides, you can also repurchase its refill pack at RM 69 if I am not mistaken. Well.. if compared to eyebrow pencil that is not pigmented, or has its cap gone missing, or not so easy to apply, this is definitely a big upgrade for me. And I am willing to pay the extra price for the quality.


Overall impression: ★★★★☆
Repurchasing: ★★★★
You can get this from: Laneige Malaysia | various kbeauty retailers
[Disclaimer] Product is purchased with my own money. All copyright of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...