13 Aug 2017

Review: Hanyul Seo Ri Tae Anti Aging Cream



I don't have a lot of anti-aging or wrinkles-repairing cream. And I don't like the samples that I have. They are mostly too rich or sticky on the skin. But today, I want to talk about an anti-aging cream I tried and loved a lot here. It is the Hanyul Seo Ri Tae Anti-Aging Cream. Currently it has been repackaged and upgraded to Hanyul Seo Ri Tae Skin Refining Cream. The ones I have are in miniatures, which I purchased from Gmarket early last year. I tried out a trial kit I purchased from Qoo10 in early 2016, and was really impressed by the texture and application of the Rice Essential Skin Softner and the Seo Ri Tae Anti-Aging Cream so I bought both products when Gmarket was running its shipping promotion last year. I got the full size Rice Essential Skin Softner (reviewed) and several miniatures size of the Seo Ri Tae Anti-Aging Cream.




Seo Ri Tae Anti-Aging Cream is a rich emollient cream made of black bean extract to strengthen the skin's resilience against environmental aggressors. It can tackle 6 signs of skin aging including sagging, dullness, dryness, roughness, dark skin tone and wrinkles.


The product has a soft tofu-like and creamy consistency that spreads beautifully onto the skin. It is not sticky at all, despite its seemingly rich consistency. The product has a spicy herbal scent to it.

INGREDIENTS


Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Dimethicone, Sucrose Polycottonseedate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Niacinamide, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Cnidium Officinale Root Extract, Angelica Acutiloba Root Extract, Adenosine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Copernicia Cerifera(Carnauba) Wax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract, C14-22 Alcohols, Arachidyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Lauryl Esters, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Polyacrylate-13, Palmitic Acid, Behenyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyisobutene,C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Beeswax, Disodium Edta, Polysorbate 20, Dextrin, Myristic Acid,Lauric Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance

INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS


The ingredients are pretty standard for a cream. It has some basic moisturizers like butylene glycol, glycerin, dimethicone, sucrose polycottonseedate, and some more skin benefiting emollients such as shea butter, caster oil, carnauba wax, and so on. Basically, everything you need to make this a moisturizing cream.

Unique ingredients include black bean extract, niacinamide, cnidium officinale root extract, and angelica root extract. Black bean is a potent antioxidant rich in anthocyanin and isoflavones when used topically on the skin. As such, it has very good anti-aging and elasticity-improving properties and are able to moisturize and soften the skin. It also contains proline to break down excessive protein on the skin to promote a firmer and smoother complexion. Both cnidium officinale and angelica root extract are commonly seen ingredients in many hanbang skincare. They are both Asian herbs with anti-bacterial, soothing, repairing and anti-free radicals benefits. These properties also compliment the black bean extract to make them a particularly powerful combination to prevent and delay aging process of the skin.

PERFORMANCE


If you ask me, can this un-age you? I would answer you a frankly NO. It is not botox, retinol, or any other miraculous ingredient. It is not even fermented yeast like SK-II, so it cannot un-age you if your skin is already aged. It cannot effectively remove wrinkles or fine lines. But, if you are talking about anti-aging or delay aging then this can probably do the trick. It is a very creamy and rich emollient cream, so it will fill in all the cracks between your cells, nourishing and providing nutrients for it to survive and minimize damages. Its rich antioxidants content serve as a cushion against free radicals that are known as the culprit behind human's aging process. And all these hanbang ingredients, despite a lack of scientific research evidence, should be able to serve as a tonic for your skin if they do the same for your body. Asian women are told to consume soup with angelica root to maintain a healthy productive and endocrine system, so something about it must be good for your skin too.

CONCLUSION



I mentioned earlier that I am attracted to the texture of this product. It is a creamy, nourishing, yet non-sticky cream that works well for dry skin days or winter season. I didn't expect much since the one I have are miniatures, though surprisingly this works better than I expect. I can feel that my skin is soft and moist, exactly how I used to feel after a nice sheet mask session. My skin also appears more radiant and plump the next morning. The emollient inside also provides a nice cushiony effect against the dryness of my environment, which I am rather impressed.


I might consider repurchasing if I go to Korea one day. But so far, I have more than enough cream for my skin needs. Several ones I have tried are quite satisfying, such as Primera Alpine Berry Cream, J.One Hana Cream, and many more, so I am not really in a rush of getting another bottle. But if you are asking about an anti-aging cream that is not so sticky and rich, then this would be the one. I like it, and would recommend it for normal-to-dry and mature skin.


Overall impression: ★★★★
Repurchasing: ★★★★
You can get this from: Gmarket | Testerkorea | Koreadepart etc. kbeauty retailers
[Disclaimer] Product is purchased with my own money. All copyright of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...