20 Jul 2017

Review: Belif The True Tincture Cleansing Stick - Chamomile


I talked about SU:M37 Miracle Rose Cleansing  Stick in my previous review. I kinda enjoyed the product but not to the extend of raving about it or wanting to make a repurchase. I am not sure why, maybe the one that I got was a fake ? Who knows? Since I got it online. So I bought another cleansing stick again from a different brand Belif at its local flagship store. Most online reviews on Belif claims that it is more or less the same as  SU:M37 so I want to see whether or not my perception on cleansing stick is consistent with this Belif one. Let's read on to find out more about it!





Basically, a cleansing stick is a cleansing soap in the form of a long, round stick in a twistable plastic tube. You are meant to wet it with some water before gently massaging it onto your face. Make sure your skin is damp to avoid excessive pulling. Doing so helps to gently melt away dirt and impurities as well as provides some gentle massaging and exfoliating benefits for your skin.



You then lightly massaging your face to create a lather with the product. The product will turn into soft and refined bubbles to cleanse your skin. Finally, rinse it off with lukewarm to reveal a clean and soft skin!



I normally keep the cleanser upside down like what's shown in the picture so that the wet residue can flow down to the cap to avoid contamination. My old SU:M37 cleansing stick has this issue when I keep it in an upright position where the product turns waxy and slimy (like melted soap) with some foully odour after not using it for about 4 weeks (I was testing another cleanser at that time). I certainly want to avoid that this time.



This product is the 3rd creation in Belif Chamomile line. I love Belif's chamomile products as they are very soothing and hydrating on the skin with blood-stimulating and aroma-therapeutic properties, so I was pretty excited when Belif launches this The True Tincture Cleansing Stick!



It also has a optimal pH level at around 5.5 which is perfect for acne-prone and sensitive skin.

INGREDIENTS


Glycerin, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Water, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Lauryl Betaine, Potassium Hydroxide, Betaine, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract*, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract*, Nepeta Cataria Extract*, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Leaf Extract*, Baptisia Tinctoria Root Extract*, Stellaria Media (Chickweed) Extract*, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower, Ocimum Basillicum (Basil) Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Origanum Heracleoticum (Marjoram) Flower Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower (Ylang Ylang) Oil, Fragrance+, Citral, Citronellol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool

Napiers Original Formula*
Fragrances Of Natural Origin+

INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS



This product uses gentle cleansing agents such as stearic acid and lauryl betaine to cleanse the skin. I notice that coconut oil is the main ingredient here. I know some people use coconut oil to remove their makeup but I am not entirely positive about the cleansing properties of coconut oil in a solid soap bar. So far, coconut oil is a rich source of fatty acids and is commonly used as an emollient for the skin. It also helps to protect the skin against sun damage. Other botanical oils such as camellia oil, green tea seed oil and olive oil are also included for additional moisturizing, nourishing and anti-oxidizing benefits.

Only Napiers Original Formula, from the extracts of oat kernel, calendula flower, nepeta cataria, raspberry leaf, chickweed and so on, are used here. This formula is used in many Belif products to offer soothing, anti-oxidizing and hydrating benefits. There is of course chamomile flower extract and its flower petals, both of which are excellent antibacterial, anti-acne and soothing herbal ingredients.

The rest are mostly fragrance oils such as basil oil, lemon peel oil, lime oil, marjoram flower oil, orange peel oil, ylang ylang oil, and so on. These fragrance oils are mainly here to serve as soothing, relaxing and therapeutic agents. I know some people are sensitive to fragrance but so far I am doing well with them. My friend with extremely sensitive skin loves it too without any issue with the fragrance whatsoever. After all, it is your nose that enjoys these fragrance more than your skin has to suffer because it eventually gets washed off your face.

I think it is fair to call this a moisturizing, soothing and gentle cleansing product with therapeutic aroma and nice texture!

PERFORMANCE


I have used this for a good 2 months and is more than ready to share my thoughts on it. First of all, I like this better than SU:M37, because it is gentler, it smells better for me, its chamomile petals exfoliate better, and it leaves my skin softer without squeaky clean feel. Both cleansing sticks leave my skin soft for some reasons but I find this one more deep-cleansing and less stripping. I think I just have an affair with chamomile not rose. I guess I also take better care of this as I always store it upside down after my sad experience with the last one, and this matters to the overall consumer satisfaction as well?

Nonetheless, whether or not you should spending RM 120 on a cleansing like this is a very subjective question. My favourite cleanser is Belif Creamy Cleansing Foam Moist, which is around RM 100 and can last me for about 6 months. This probably is good for 3-4 months if you use it days and nights. It cannot remove your makeup, you still have to use a proper cleansing oil. It is convenient for travelling though, if that is a plus for you. Other than that, this may not be a ride or die product, at least not for me. I still really enjoy it, and I find my face clearer, less-dull, and softer with this, but I am positive that I can find better options at cheaper prices out there.

Having said that, I really enjoy this cleansing stick but I won't call this my holy grail because it doesn't impress me enough to make me forget about its price.

CONCLUSION



Pros:
- convenient, travel-friendly
- offers non-stripping, deep cleansing experience
- pH 5.5
- contains many soothing, anti-oxidizing and aroma-therapeutic ingredients

Cons:
- expensive for a cleanser


Overall impression: ★★★★☆
Repurchasing: ★★★
You can get this from: Belif Malaysia | various kbeauty retailers
[Disclaimer] Product is purchased with my own money. All copyright of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...