5 Jun 2017

Review: The Plant Base White Truffle Turn Over Peeling


I opened a few new facial scrubs recently, after realizing that I have a lot of those in backup. I guess I am just one of those people who buy a lot of food when they are hungry, but later realize that they don't need so much food after they fill their stomach. And somehow, I received this facial scrub from Hermo again, which makes my already-oversize scrub collection ever bigger.




I have talked about The Plant Base in my previous review. Basically, it is a very natural skincare ingredient using quality botanical juice extracts. Some of its ingredients are patented so you will see a long list of complicated ingredients that are shared across different products from the same line.


The product is packed in a neat white tube. All information you need is printed on the packaging but many more are available on its official website.


Basically, this is a very mild and refine facial scrub, or gommage peel to be more precise. The exfoliating particles are really really refined, much more so than Primera Intensive Facial Peeling and Skinfood Rice Wash-Off Mask. I think it is the second most gentlest facial scrub I have ever used after Primera Mild Facial Peeling. It is suitable for all skin types due to its gentleness and will suit even those with sensitive skin. However, it may not be harsh enough for those with rough textured skin or very dry skin that requires something more abrasive. And it may be a little bit pricey for those of you who have normal skin and just need normal facial scrub like the Skinfood one.

The Plant Base White Truffle Turn Over Peeling claims that it is made of natural cellulose and apricot seeds to instantly brighten, smooth dead skin cells and reduce hyperpigmentation. Its patented resmelin formula will also relief the skin of environmental pollutants.



The texture of this peel, I must say, is very gentle. It doesn't really feel like those over-the-counter scrub you use. I am even shocked to learn that this contains apricot seed as my apricot seed scrub is many times harsher than this.

You use this after cleansing to gently massage it around your skin. You are required to rinse it off with water afterward.

INGREDIENTS



INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS



A whopping 81.35% of this product is made of ginseng extract water. Well, I actually prefer ginseng but ginseng extract water is better than water, right? Normally, I don't pay much attention to ingredients of facial scrub. Like I said, they are meant to be washed off anyway so a little bit of ginseng or expensive stuffs aren't that meaningful or important, right?

But those who pay close attention to ingredients will notice a lot of antioxidants here. We have white truffle, ginseng, licorice root extract, anise flower extract, thuja leaf extract, white mulberry tree extract. We also have peppermint to give you that cooling sensation. The apricot seed content here is in the form of powder which explains why it is much more refined than normal apricot seed. Apart from physical exfoliator like apricot seed, we also have cellulose which is much gentler and effective at removing dead skin cells.

CONCLUSION



To be very honest, this is not one of my favourite facial scrubs. BUT, it doesn't mean that this is not a good facial scrub. I don't like it because I don't like its peppermint content. I might enjoy having them on my scalp or just chewing them but not on my face in the form of scrub. And I also find them too gentle to be effective on my normal-to-dry skin.

Having said that, would I recommend this then? Yes.

If you have sensitive, troubled, acne-prone, dull, and oily skin, you will like this, especially guys. It is really gentle so it will not hurt your skin. Guys who tend to take less care of their skin (I mean guys in general, and my sampling population is of course limited to the guys around me), so it is good to use things that will not cause complication. And I don't think guys will want to use AHA to replace scrub on their face. So this one is convenient, easy and safe. Its smaller volume also allows them to use it for a very long time. So, perfect gift for your bf, father or brother(s).

Oily, sensitive and acne-prone skin are also advised to use something gentler on their face. You don't want to further stress your skin out. And you might not have the luxury to test out ample of actives (vitamin C, retinol, AHA, BHA) on your skin. Those who don't want to use sunscreen (AHA requires that you use a sunscreen for the next 7 days) can also consider this as an alternative as well.

YMMV. Above are my takes on this product.


packaging: ★★
scent: ★☆ (I don't like peppermint scent)
texture: ★★★★☆ (very refined, but not effective enough for my skin)
ingredients: ★★★★☆
performance: ★★★★★ (for certain skin types)
general impression: ★★★ (not effective enough for my skin type)

You can get this from: Hermo | Watsons' Malaysia | Gemfive
[Disclaimer] Product is sponsored by Hermo Malaysia but all review and opinion expressed here are entirely mine. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...