7 Jun 2017

Review: Heimish All Clean Balm


If you are a sherbet cleanser lover, then you should know about this Heimish All Clean Balm. It is still quite new but has earned many raves across the Korean/Asian beauty community. Many youtubers, Instagrammers and bloggers are raving about this and calling it their favourite oil cleanser of the year. Intrigued (again), I am prompted to buy one to try it out myself.

I bought this in 2016 from Sweet Corea but only started using it in early 2017 after I finish my other oil cleanser. And since I don't put on makeup that often, I don't get a lot of chances to test it, which is why the review's been delayed until now.





The All Clean Balm is housed in a well-made, plastic tub just like most other sherbet cleanser. It's up to your personal preference whether or not you like the packaging. For me, it looks kinda neat and pretty.



When you open the container, you get to see a small spatula and a tightly sealed lid. I think the packaging is much more hygienic and "water-proof" than the Banila Co one.



The balm is a white colour oil balm, sort of like coconut oil jam. Many people loved the scent but for me, I find the scent average, not very enticing nor disgusting. Definitely better than Banila Co but not up to the extent where I will want to keep it close to my nose all the time. It smells like some kind of essential oil mixture for sure.



The texture really resembles solid coconut oil. Less plasticky and more "balm-like" than Banila Co Clean it Zero (original version).



PERFORMANCE



It turns into an oily paste easily when you massage it onto your skin, dissolving all traces of makeup. Honestly, I won't say that it is non-greasy or non-candle-like, both of which are my thoughts on the Banila Co Clean It Zero, but this Heimish All Clean Balm definitely feels lighter and less greasy on the skin. You'll still have to remove the oily residues with a foam cleanser afterwards if you don't like that slightly-candle-like greasy finish. It definitely does a decent work removing all your makeup even waterproof and tinted ones.

INGREDIENTS




INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS



Except for the makeup removing ingredient and several emulsifiers, the rest of the ingredients are really safe, non-irritating and non-acne-causing on the skin. CosDNA rating gives mostly green flags on the ingredients as shown.

Ethylhexyl palmitate, instead of mineral oil (that is cheaper), is used here. Although I am not against mineral oil personally, I can see why many people will prefer this over the Banila Co Clean it Zero which uses mineral oil and is slightly more expensive than this. Ethylhexyl palmitate is a solvent so it is the ingredient that dissolves all your makeup without leaving a trace. Most sherbet cleansers that are a bit more expensive use this ingredient.

In term of skin loving ingredients, we have extracts from shea butter, donkey milk, coconut, lime, freesia, iris, jasmine, lotus, and daffodil, as well as botanical oils such as orange peel oil, lavender oil, geranium oil, grapefruit peel oil, eucalyptus oil, tea tree leaf oil, bergamot fruit oil, and so on. All these are antioxidants, and some such as donkey milk, lily, and lotus have additional brightening benefits. But to be fair, these won't stay on the skin long enough to offer any such claimed benefits so I am not looking forward to that. Botanical oils are normally anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidizing, but again like I said these are good to have to make this All Clean Balm a nice-to-use makeup remover but don't expect a lot skincare benefits from it.

In short, the formulation as a whole, is a decent and gentle oil cleanser with gentle makeup removing agents and a good blend of botanical extracts to serve as a cushion or skin repairing agents for all skin types.

CONCLUSION


Do I love it? Yes. 
Do I prefer it over Banila Co? Yes. 
Will I recommend it to other people? Yes. 
Is there any better oil cleanser that I prefer over this? No if you compare the cost.

Honestly, this is just an improved version of the Banila Co Clean It Zero. It is not many times better than the Banila Co, or is it many times cheaper. It is slightly cheaper, slightly better and slightly more effective than the Banila Co one. So you cannot take the credit away from Banila Co for introducing us this great concept of sherbet cleanser. But if you ask me which one do I prefer right now, of course I would go for this. In Malaysia, Heimish is priced around RM 49 during sales whereas Banila Co (original pink version) is around RM 59 so you see the clear winner in term of affordability here. And it uses better ingredients too.

If you discount the cost factor, I actually prefer Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Cleansing Oil which smells better and uses really good ingredients. But that one is 3X more expensive than Heimish so unless if I get really good discount, I will still go for Heimish. Afterward, this is just a makeup remover. As long as it removes my makeup well, doesn't clog my skin, and is affordable, it is a winner.


packaging: ★★★★
scent: ★★★☆
texture: ★★★★
ingredients: ★★★
performance: ★★★★☆
general impression: ★★★★

You can get this from: Hermo | Qoo10
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...