1 May 2017

Review: Raves and Rants of 9 The Body Shop Products I Personally Used


For someone who always for body care products at Watson's and Guardian like myself, The Body Shop is considered an expensive place to shop at. A body lotion easily costs around RM 60, not to mention its luxurious World of SPA which can spike up to RM 250. But, the more I try out The Body Shop products, the more I fall in love with their quality and performance. These are just high quality products with amazing texture and ingredients used. It makes sense. If you can spend RM 150 on a moisturizer at Laneige or RM 50 at Innisfree, why wouldn't you spend RM 60 on a body lotion that you know will be beneficial for your body? Doesn't our body deserve the same care as our face? 

So today I am gonna share with you guys 9 The Body Shop products I have tried in the past 2 years. I should write about this earlier but you know... I was kinda finicky at what I posted in the past and would rewrite at least 3-4 times before posting it out so my pace had been really slow. But it is a good thing, because that means you can read everything about these amazing products in just one post!

Alright, let's head straight to the products. Included are:

  • The Body Shop Almond Hand & Nail Cream
  • The Body Shop SPA Wisdom Africa Ximenia and Salt Scrub
  • The Body Shop Africa Honey & Beeswax Hands & Foot Butter
  • The Body Shop SPA Of The World French Lavender Massage Oil
  • The Body Shop SPA of the World Dead Sea Salt Scrub
  • The Body Shop Fijian Water Lotus Body Butter
  • The Body Shop Fijian Water Lotus Eau de Toilette
  • The Body Shop Shea Whip Body Lotion
  • The Body Shop Wild Argan Oil Body Lotion


The Body Shop Almond Hand & Nail Cream


I love love love this hand and nail cream. It is extremely nourishing, but lightweight. It would sink into your skin like emulsion but has the nourishment and fast-penetrating properties of facial oil. And it smells absolutely enticing, this is the kind of smell you want to have on your hand! I have tried numerous hand creams in the past 3 years but none beats the performance, scent and moisturizing ability of this one. Holy grail hand and nail cream!

The Body Shop SPA Wisdom Africa Ximenia and Salt Scrub


This is a body scrub with really fine particles inside. You use this on damp skin, preferably while in shower (to save time) to slough off dead skin cells on your body parts, especially those around your knees, toes and elbow.

It contains ximenia oil, a type of plant oil derived from African native plant ximenia fruit, to nourish and soften the skin. It smells good as well, and will leave your skin baby soft.

However, I do notice that the product has somehow deteriorated 6 months after opening. First sign of deterioration is the accumulation of slimy water in the middle of the bottle. The water will always come back no matter how many times I tried to remove it. After 8 months or so, the scrub melted and turned into creamy and "crunchy" paste and was no longer be able to exfoliate your skin. Kinda disappointed considering that this is meant to be good for some 12 months from opening.

It has been discontinued.

The Body Shop Africa Honey & Beeswax Hands & Foot Butter


This smells and feels like honey blended in shea butter. It is so nourishing, luxurious and creamy, making it perfect for drier skin and winter months. However, if you happen to have normal skin, then this product might be a little bit rich for you. The product comes in a huge bottle, 125ml. I have been using it for the past 8 months yet is unable to finish even half of the bottle. I guess I just have to speed up a little and even using it on my entire body not just my elbow, knees and foot.

The Body Shop SPA Of The World French Lavender Massage Oil


Easily the best body massage oil I have ever tried. This is made of lavender essential oil, which means it will smell like lavender, relaxing and therapeutic. The product feels like almost every other massage oil, but this sinks in nicely without making your skin feeling uncomfortable or greasy. And the oil is emollient enough to stay on your skin for at least 10 minutes so you don't have to apply a lot every time. I personally find that 5-10 drops is more than enough to cover your body. I have used it for more than 20 times but I am just 20% down the bottle so a little really goes a long, long way. Will definitely repurchase when I run out of massage oil in the future!

The Body Shop SPA of the World Dead Sea Salt Scrub


This scrub distresses me out! I was initially looking for a gentle and effective body scrub and wanted to try this out since I have already tried the ximenia one, but as you can see, this stuff left behind oily film on my skin even after showering. The oily film is not like when you apply massage oil on your skin, it is like a layer of wax hugging and coating your skin so tightly that it feels weird. I don't like having oil on my body so I don't quite enjoy this either. It smells amazing though for those of you who are a scent-person like me. It is also very nourishing for drier skin type. But if you are someone who dislikes anything oily or waxy around your skin, then this is a no-go for you.

The Body Shop Fijian Water Lotus Body Butter


I am quite disappointed of this product. It is a fragranced body butter that feels kinda greasy on the skin. The product doesn't feel absorbing at all, so it is kinda frustrating when trying to make the greasiness goes away. And despite its greasiness, the product is not really moisturizing when applied. My skin still feels dry, patchy and irritated in my air-conditioned office. I think the Shea Whip Body Lotion works much better than this. Wouldn't repurchase, but anyone who loves the smell can give this a try.

The Body Shop Fijian Water Lotus Eau de Toilette


Oh I love this perfume. The smell is kinda gender neutral so it is suitable for both women and men. It is hard to describe the smell, but definitely enticing and romantic. It can be too strong if you spray it directly onto your clothes or body, so I normally just spritz it around my wardrobe and let the scent sinks in subtly.

The Body Shop Shea Whip Body Lotion


This is my holy holy grail body lotion. Another one would be the Illi Total Aging Care Body Lotion. This is by far the creamiest, most moisturizing yet well absorbing body lotion that I have ever used. And did I tell you that it smells absolutely amazing as well? I think texture and scent each account for 50% of my love towards this body lotion. I think this is suitable for all skin types, and works better than the Shea Body Butter for Malaysian weather, so if you ask my opinion, I would suggest that unless if you have very dry skin, then it is better that you go for the Whip Lotion.

The Body Shop Wild Argan Oil Body Lotion


To be honest, I don't like this as much despite my love for the Shea Whip Body Lotion. This feels like there is more oil inside than moisture. I guess it is really a personal preference that this feels "greasier" but less moisturizing on my skin, but everyone's skin is different so I cannot say that this doesn't work as well as the Shea Whip Body Lotion, I just happen to like the shea butter one better.

FINAL THOUGHT

To be fair, there are things I like, and things I don't from The Body Shop, which is perfectly normal for all consumers. I will still get more Shea Whip Body Lotion, the Lavender Oil, Almond Oil Hand Cream, and even trying out their Almond and Honey line as well as their British Rose. I think it is very important that you properly try out all these products before placing them into your carts so that you won't be disappointed. After all, texture and application matters A LOTTT for body care products. They are not skincare where you gotta give it some time to work. If you don't like the texture of a body care product, then it is basically doomed. 

So... that's all for today. I hope these advises make sense for you, and I wish you great skin's health.


You can get this from: The Body Shop
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...