19 May 2017

Review: Missha Under Eye Brightener #Natural Beige


I bought this from Althea after I gave my The Saem concealer to my cousin. I wanted to find a decent concealer, especially for under my eyes area. Laneige, The Saem, and Missha concealers were among my considerations but finally Missha stood out after I saw its price (RM 15) at Althea. Laneige one is pretty good too but I might not want to spend that much on a concealer that I rarely use.



Missha Under Eye Brightener is essentially a concealer. It is intended for your under eyes area but I don't see why you cannot use it on your redness, acne and any other areas that you want to cover. This works great for my freckles too! And although it says "brightener", it doesn't really "brighten" those skin areas under my eyes, so you should not be confused by the name. It is just a concealer, and that's what it does.

The product comes in a tall tube like lip gloss. Inside it has a spatula to pick up the product. 5g for RM 15 is a really great deal especially at the quality offered. Much cheaper than many local Watson's or Guardian concealers and the quality is much better. The one I chose is natural beige. I find light beige concealer tends to be too abrupt and unnatural. So you should find a shade that is the same with your foundation.


The right consistency. Smooth and creamy.


Not cakey, blends out easily and smoothly, and covers well too.

FINAL THOUGHT

Actually I don't really pay much attention to concealer. I have tried a few before, from many Watson's and Guardian brands at RM 30-40. And I also bought The Saem Light Beige Concealer which I find weird and cakey on my skin. This Missha one fits just right in. I know there is one from A'pieu that the beauty community is raving about, and there is also one from Maybelline but since I am doing fine with Missha, and it is just RM 15, I am a bit reluctant to be too adventurous in the future shall I will most likely repurchase!

packaging: ★★★☆ (not attractive but practical)
scent: ★★★ (foundation scent) 
presentation: ★★★★ (texture and application-wise, pretty decent)
cost-performance: ★★★★★ (cheap and good)
wear: ★★★★☆ (long-lasting, natural, non-cakey, but the concealing power is not perfect so -☆ for that)
general impression: ★★★★★ (holy grail at its price and performance)

You can get this from: Althea | Missha Malaysia | Hermo
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...