27 Apr 2017

Review: Ryo Jayangjunmo Anti-Hair Loss Shampoo, Conditioner, Treatment and Scalp Deep Cleanser


I know a lot of people have talked about Ryo haircare and this Jayangjunmo line in particular. But since most of the reviews I read were in Chinese, and there aren't a lot of information available to the English-speaking world, I will input my 2 cents opinion on these wonderful products here for your reference. It may be a little bit too late, and outdated even, but late is better than never right? Let's just started below! I apologize that I no longer keep some of the empties of these products so I cannot take a beautiful group photo. Included are four products from the Jayangjunmo line:

  • Ryo Jayangjunmo Anti-Hair Loss Shampoo for Sensitive Scalp
  • Ryo Jayangjunmo Anti-Hair Loss Conditioner
  • Ryo Jayangjunmo Scalp Deep Cleanser
  • Ryo Jayangjunmo Anti-Hair Loss Treatment

Ryo Jayangjunmo Anti-Hair Loss Shampoo for Sensitive Scalp


This is a hair shampoo from the brand Ryo/Ryeo that is designed specifically for those with sensitive scalp and hair fall issues. Hermo is carrying Ryo Jayangjunmo line, but not this sensitive scalp version. You can also get it from Koreadepart, Gmarket and Qoo10 if you won't mind the price.

Basically, this product is just like your normal hair shampoo. It comes in a thick, honey-like paste that can be lathered into foam easily when you mix some water in it. The shampoo has a strong ginseng scent so if you don't like ginseng smelling product you should probably avoid getting this.

It is made of a blend of oriental herbal extracts, I don't have access to the ingredients list so I cannot tell exactly what is inside, but you can see from this the ingredients of the drier version of this shampoo that there is definitely a long list of hanbang formula inside.

Finally, the results. I had been using this consistently for over 4 months period before switching to other shampoos when this run out of stock. I must say that I am impressed. It had calmed down and soothed all itchiness and irritation on my scalp. My scalp is no longer itchy, flaky and dry. Everything is perfect. My hair is bouncy and lively. But eventually I ran out of this shampoo so I switched to Yungo. And OMG. All the itchiness strikes again. I had to switch back to this subsequently to calm that itchiness but unfortunately this time my scalp came to protest at me that they were angry at me for switching back and forth. This time, even this shampoo didn't work! 

So the conclusion is... I endured two periods of using this. First phase... it saved my scalp, brought to life my dull hair and kept me away from all complications. Second phase... everything failed, even this couldn't do much to calm my angry and inflamed scalp, so I switched to the more expensive, less accessible Innisfree Zero Shampoo. Lesson taken, don't go fix things that aren't broken especially if it is already fragile.

Ryo Jayangjunmo Anti-Hair Loss Conditioner


I bought this simply because I like things that come in pair. And this compliments the Jayangjunmo shampoo. This is a conditioner designed to compliment all types of Jayangjunmo shampoos.


It comes in a creamy consistency that feels really smooth and soft on the hair. My hair is smoother and bouncier after using this.

However... there is no vow here. Almost every conditioner I use can give me this nourishing sensation so I don't see the need to stick to this one except for the fact that it companies my shampoo. So, not a repurchase. You can give this a try as there is no harm trying but there is actually nothing too special about this.

Ryo Jayangjunmo Scalp Deep Cleanser


This is a deep-cleansing tonic for your scalp, designed for all scalp types. You apply this after shampooing all over your scalp and then leave it on for 5-10 minutes before rinsing it off. I like to use a comb to massage my hair whenever I am putting this on.


The product comes in a clear gel consistency with essence-containing capsules floating inside. It feels really refreshing when you massage it onto your scalp. And as you can see in the third picture, it can foam up really well so you don't have to worry about leaving behind residues.

Speaking about performance... I think this is just "meh". It did cleanse my scalp, makes it less itchy on the day after but the effect is not long-lasting. And it dries out my hair so badly that I just wish I have a serum for my scalp. So definitely not a repurchase for me.

Ryo Jayangjunmo Anti-Hair Loss Treatment


Finally, let's look at one of the earliest conditioner that claims to be good for your scalp. This Anti-Hair Loss Treatment is essentially a scalp treatment designed to strengthen the root of your hair, make it more resilient against stressors and eventually prevent hair fall. I bought this because I was expecting this to soothe and calm my scalp but sadly it did nothing of those. It is just a nourishing scalp conditioner that doesn't seem to do anything at all for my scalp or my hair fall issue. And I think Tsubaki Hair Mask did a better job conditioning my scalp than this and is easier to wash.

FINAL THOUGHT

This is a rant review, or semi-rant review. For those of you who are new, Ryo is definitely a great hair care brand to begin with. It contains ginseng, it is nourishing and it is not that expensive. And my first few Ryo works really well on my hair and scalp too. But as I age, and my metabolism crushes, I realize that even Ryo doesn't help, which is why I resort to things like Lador, Innisfree Zero Shampoo and so on. I am not asking anybody to stay away from this brand or their hair care, merely to share how and why I went from local brands like L'Oreal, Dove, Clear, Head & Shoulder, Tsubaki to Ryo and then Lador. I think if you have less sensitive scalp, you will do really well with Ryo. But sadly I am too occupied with my itchy scalp issue to notice any major difference on my hair fall issue. And my scalp problem is too serious that deems Ryo kinda obsolete.


You can get this from: Hermo | Koreadepart | Gmarket
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...