1 Apr 2017

Review: Estee Lauder Micro Essence, Advanced Night Repair, Advanced Night Repair Eye and Revitalizing Supreme


Just like Biotherm, Estee Lauder is a high-end cosmetic brand that I never expect I will one day try out their products. I have heard a lot of good reviews about their Advanced Night Repair Serum. Meejmuse also talked about the Micro Essence in her video so I was actually quite curious about this brand. But I am a bit hesitated given the price. Besides, I always have this idea that Estee Lauder is meant for more mature skin types. As such, I am very happy when I received a set of Estee Lauder miniatures from a friend who knew I love skincare. In this post, I will write about my first impression on several Estee Lauder best-selling items having used them for more than 2 weeks.


Estee Lauder Micro Essence


This is a dupe for SK-II Facial Treatment Essence, so it is essentially a first essence and treatment essence type product. Estee Lauder calls this an “essence-in-lotion” that “activates and strengthens skin’s foundation to reveal its youthful, angelic glow”. In addition to its anti-aging and brightening effects, this essence is also claimed to renew, rebalance, nourish, revitalize and replenish the skin. I mean, who doesn’t love having an essence on your desk having heard all these attractive claimed benefits?

I only used a very small sample size bottle of this, so my review is very primitive and will only mostly dwell on the product’s texture. Well, in my opinion, this Micro Essence is by no mean comparable to the famous SK-II FTE. I have finished up the entire bottle of the Estee Lauder and SK-II FTE miniatures. While SK-II works really well to tame my breakouts and reduce whiteheads, Estee Lauder does basically nothing impressive to improve my skin. It is just a slightly viscous liquid that feels somewhat moisturizing on the skin, without significant skin exfoliating and improving benefits. I am not impressed and will not spend RM 365 on a bottle of this. I find that even IOPE Bio-Essence Intensive Conditioning at half of this price works better at improving the clarity and overall wellness of my skin. I will do a more detailed review on this product in my upcoming treatment essence comparison review. Stay tuned for that!

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II


This is nicknamed the little brown bottle by many Taiwanese bloggers and is widely known for its powerful anti-aging properties. Again, anti-aging is a very subjective thing and I cannot really comment on its efficacy unless if I use a machine to test it out. But many bloggers claim that this is their mom’s holy grail anti-aging serum so I am really curious about it. My first impression on this is that it is a fast-absorbing serum that will leave a slight tackiness on the skin. Your skin will feel plump and bouncier after using it for several times. However, since I only used two 7ml size of the products, I did not see immediate effects such as any improvements in my skin radiance or texture. It also does not improve my existing fine lines either, so I don’t think I will spend RM 400 to purchase the full size product (50ml). Maybe I will buy this when I am going into my late 30s and will start appreciating more nourishing products but definitely not at this moment.

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye



This is a soft balm-type eye cream that is designed to provide anti-aging, brightening and moisturizing benefits of the delicate eye area. This product is formulated with Estee Lauder’s ChronoluxCB Technology to treat eye area affected by fatigue, pollution and aging. I have used the miniature days and nights for the past 2 weeks and here are my thoughts. First, it works well to heal the skin. I accidentally scratched my under eye area and this enhanced the healing process (but it cannot remove or fade the scar). Secondly, this is a really moisturizing eye cream without associated richness or stickiness. The balm type consistency also makes it easy to be absorbed into the skin. And finally, I do notice some improvements on my dark circles but I cannot be 100% sure is it attributed to this eye cream or my better sleeping habit. Anyhow, at RM 200++ for 15ml, I still find this a bit over my acceptable range and its performance is not super impressive either. And I don’t really like its scent. So, I don’t think I will ever purchase the full size product.

Estee Lauder Revitalizing Supreme



This is an anti-aging cream formulated with its unique IntuiGen Technology that can reduce multiple signs of aging includes wrinkles, sagginess, dullness and dehydration. Well, to be honest, this is a silky emollient cream that feels kinda velvety on the skin. It has a very mild scent to it so you don’t have to worry about overpowering cosmetic smell. But since it is really rich, it is not the easiest to blend out, and it can be a little bit sticky if I apply more. So I don’t think I will repurchase after I finish this. And so far, I don’t notice a lot of differences after using. I find it a bit rich so it is hard to apply an adequate amount that is sufficient to moisturize my skin without feeling sticky. I guess drier and mature skin will like this better but certainly not me at this age.

FINAL THOUGHT

As you can see, I don't really enjoy Estee Lauder that much, not because the products are bad, but it just doesn't happen to suit my skin. The Micro Essence and Advanced Night Repair Serum are better and lighter in term of texture but I don't find them impressive either, so don't feel like spending that much of money buying the full sizes. I guess this is something I will venture into when I get older or when I have drier skin. These are also good as a gift for my mom or aunt but it is too rich and potent for my liking. Guess these are my current thoughts on Estee Lauder. I might come back with more reviews later but so far I don't think I will buy any other Estee Lauder products at this moment. YMMV, and this is especially true to describe my relationship with Estee Lauder.


You can get this from: Estee Lauder Malaysia
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are gifted by my friend. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...