6 Apr 2017

Sheet Mask Review Episode 8: January, February, March 2017 Facial Mask Collection


  • Aritaum Fresh Power Essence Pouch Pack #Whitening ☆
  • Innisfree Skin Clinic Hyaluronic Acid Mask ★★★★
  • It's Skin Prestige Masque D'escargot ★★★★☆
  • Jayjun Rose Blossom Mask ★★★★☆
  • Mediheal Abalone Proatin Mask ★★★★
  • No:hj Healing Mask Pack ★★
  • The Face Shop Real Nature Calendula Face Mask ☆
  • The Face Shop Real Nature Lingzhi Face Mask ★★★☆
  • Tony Moly Skin Clinic 3-Step Micro Peel Swab Whitening Kit ★★★★★
  • Yungo Gold Hydro-Gel Mask ★★★★

The Face Shop Real Nature Lingzhi Face Mask


This is a firming and anti-aging facial mask made of lingzhi mushroom and cocoa extracts. Lingzhi mushroom is used in many Chinese medicines as an anti-aging and health-promoting tonic, just like bird’s nest and ginseng. Rarely do I come across sheet mask that contains lingzhi mushroom extract so I just had to try this. Besides, this mask looks expensive with the lingzhi as the cover.

The mask comes in a silky soft air pocket pulp sheet that feels like cotton for me. It has watery and semi-viscous serum that appears slightly brownish as if it is instilled with lingzhi mushroom. The mask has a mild alcohol and floral scent. The fitting is really good but it can be a bit suffocating if I apply it over 20 minutes.

Despite my love for lingzhi mushroom, I did not notice big differences after using this. My skin is not firmer or more resilience, just plump and hydrated. I guess anti-aging effects are not something you can immediately see after using anyway so it is unfair to claim that this is ineffective. But since it contains a lot of moisturizers as well as cocoa extract that can improve blood circulation to the skin so you will still get moisturizing and more genki-looking benefits from this mask after using though.

It is good (although not great), but I really love lingzhi so I might still repurchase!

packaging: ★★★★☆
scent: ★★★☆
material: ★★★★
wear: ★★★☆
ingredients: ★★★★ (no paraben or anything unnecessary)
finish: ★★★☆
repurchasing? maybe

Jayjun Rose Blossom Mask


This is a brightening and hydrating mask formulated with 1% rose water, hyaluronic acid, betaine, and allantoin.

Jayjun is very popular in Korea. They made a lot of good masks and this is one of their newest collections. The packaging is really pretty which reflects that this is made of rose blossom. It also has a comforting woody rose scent. The mask comes in a reddish looking firm sheet that feels a bit plasticky for me but is actually quite soft when you apply it on your skin. The essence is a bit viscous but non-sticky.

In term of performance, this feels really hydrating on the skin. My skin is left a lot plumper, smoother and my pores appear smaller after using. I can feel a lot of moisture going into my skin to fill up all the cracks and dryness. The scent is also quite relaxing that I almost fell asleep when using. Basically, this does only one thing, which is hydrating and it has done a great job at that, although I didn’t notice a lot of brightening effects. Overall a really good mask and I will repurchase.

packaging: ★★★★
scent: ★★★★☆
material: ★★★★☆
wear: ★★★★☆
ingredients: ★★★★
finish: ★★★★
repurchasing? yes


Yungo Gold Hydro-Gel Mask




This is an anti-aging, high-end facial mask from the brand Yungo under the LG Group. This came out when the popularity of Yungo was at its peak with all its cleansing treatment and hair serum. Naturally, I also bought this for mom who wanted something good to treat her wrinkles problem.

First, let us appreciate the packaging. This looks like the packaging you would expect from high end brands like The History of Whoo! The material is also made of more expensive hydrogel held between hard and firm plastic sheets. It clings well to the skin and keeps the skin moisturized and plump for longer time.

This also carries a good lead of great ingredients like niacinamide, scutellaria baiclensis root extract, green tea, artemisia princeps leaf extract, houttuynia cordata extract, citrus junos fruit extract, panax ginseng, angelica gigas root extract, ginkgo biloba nut, velvet extract, honey, adenosine and 1ppm of gold. There is no reason to believe with the punch of antioxidants and expensive anti-aging ingredients inside; this will not do a great job at firming, reducing wrinkles and treating signs of aging. And I do notice that my skin is a lot clearer, fairer and plump after using.

Despite my love for its packaging and ingredients, I don’t think I will repurchase. At close to RM 20 per piece, this is priced at about the same as Belif, Sum:37 and Hanyul masks. And I don’t see the equivalent results I expect when I am paying at this price. And my mom is not THAT impressed either as she prefers Coreana masks.

packaging: ★★★★☆
scent: ★★★☆
material: ★★★★☆
wear: ★★★★
ingredients: ★★★★
finish: ★★★★☆
repurchasing? no, pricey

Aritaum Fresh Power Essence Pouch Pack #Whitening


This is a new generation of mask that comes in sealable pouches. Innisfree has a similar one in the form of capsules whereas Laneige’s one are sleeping balls that you cannot seal it back and must finish it soon. Aritaum claims that these masks are safe to use within 12 months from opening but believe me if you don’t use them within a few months or so, these masks will deteriorate. These are not conventional cream or skincare items that you can keep for months.

This mask claims to brighten up your skin. It comes in a gel cream consistency that spreads smoothly on your skin giving you loads of hydration. There is nothing special actually about this mask. It doesn’t leave my skin any clearer, plumper or softer. It is just a gel cream that you apply on your skin… and that’s all.

I must say that despite my excitement over this new item from Aritaum, I am quite disappointed at the results it gives me. And my other colleagues who also bought this shared the same disappointments as me so I don’t think we will ever repurchase. 

packaging: ★★★☆
scent: ☆
material: ★
wear: ★
finish: ☆
repurchasing? no

No:hj Healing Mask Pack


This is a repairing and moisturizing facial mask that I picked up in my last Koreadepart haul. No English information is available on the packaging so I cannot provide a lot of information for you guys.

As you can see, it comes in a wet and thin cotton sheet with gold sparkles inside, and gold sparkles are known anti-aging ingredient used in many Taiwanese masks. The essence is a clear, slightly viscous essence that doesn’t feel sticky at all on the skin. There is no noticeable scent whatsoever to this mask.

I am unimpressed by this mask. I used it when my skin was feeling kinda irritated and dehydrated and was hoping to revitalize and heal it with this. But sadly I don’t feel any difference after using. My skin remains sluggish and dehydrated and the soothing effect it provides lasts not longer than a few hours.

Despite its beautiful packaging and comfortable materials used, this is not something I would repurchase in the future.

packaging: ★★★★
scent: ★★★☆
material: ★★★☆
wear: ★★★☆
finish: ★★★
repurchasing? no, ineffective

It's Skin Prestige Masque D'escargot


This is an expensive but highly raved anti-aging and repairing hydrogel mask made with snail mucin extract. Its other claimed benefits include firming, de-stress, hydrating and elasticity-improving. There isn’t a lot of essence in the sheet so all the good stuffs are compressed in the hydrogel that will get thinner when you put it on your face when the nutrients are being absorbed into your face slowly.

In term of performance, this mask is just above-average. It is quite soothing, cooling, hydrating and it makes my skin brighter and smoother after using. However, these are not the kind of effects I expect from a mask that costs me nearly RM 20 per piece. I have tried some RM 10-12 masks from Innisfree and L’herboflore and those were amazing at how they made my skin bright, plump and dewy the next 48 hours. I still have one more left so I will continue using to see whether or not the next one fares me better. So far, I am still not sure will I repurchase but I wouldn’t discourage you from trying it out.

packaging: ★★★★
scent: ★★★★☆
material: ★★★★☆
wear: ★★★★☆
ingredients: ★★★★☆
finish: ★★★★
repurchasing? not sure, pricey

The Face Shop Real Nature Calendula Face Mask


This is a soothing, moisturizing, and smoothing mask that is great for removing those dead skin cells on your face that makes you appear dull and lifeless. It has a beautiful calendula flower as it cover which actually tells you that it is packed with loads of soothing goodies inside.

The mask comes in soft cotton soaked wet with slightly viscous serum. The smell is very weird though, which smells like some died insects. I kept the mask on for about 20 minutes and rinse it off later because it left my skin feeling a bit itchy and tacky. The mask is not very fitting and I don’t quite enjoy the process. I am not sure does that mean the mask is deteriorated or it is just that this particular one isn’t doing a good job at soothing my skin. Given the poor performance and weird scent, this is officially under my will-not-repurchase list.

packaging: ★★★★☆
scent: ☆
material: ★★
wear: ☆
ingredients: ★★★☆
finish: ☆
repurchasing? no

Innisfree Skin Clinic Hyaluronic Acid Mask


This is a moisturizing sheet mask that can relieve skin dryness and make the skin appears dewier. It is packed in an elegant but simple packaging. The material is a firm cotton mask soaked in slightly viscous, clear essence that feels really cooling and moisturizing on the skin. There is no scent whatsoever.

In term of performance, this cools my skin down, making it appears plumper and softer. Most sheet mask does that too, but this seems to do it in a gentler and better way. There isn't any synthetic preservatives, dyes and mineral oil inside. This mask uses natural essential oils as preservatives and there is a bunch of extracts made of Jeju soil-grown plants. Main ingredient is hyaluronic acid but other ingredients do offer extra punch of moisture, antioxidizing and brightening benefits.

I am not extremely impressed, but at this price, I think this is a really well-made mask that can cool down and hydrate your skin in a nice way. Something I might repurchase in the future.

packaging: ★★★★☆
scent: ★★★☆
material: ★★★★☆
wear: ★★★★☆
ingredients: ★★★★
finish: ★★★★☆
repurchasing? yes

Tony Moly Skin Clinic 3-Step Micro Peel Swab Whitening Kit


This is a 3-step aqua peeling kit that comes with an exfoliating cotton swab, pulp sheet soaked in brightening serum as well as a brightening gel cream. It has a very pleasant scent which I don’t really know how to describe. The kit is pretty pricey at about RM 18-20 but all peeling swab kits are priced at about the same range.

The mask comes with a huge cotton swab soaked in AHA serum. It can help to exfoliate and regenerate the skin, making it appears clearer and smoother. I use it around my forehead, laugh lines and nose area as those areas are a bit “dirty” at that time with loads of blackheads.

Next, I apply the sheet mask which is made of soft and silky cotton soaked in a floral scented watery essence. It is pretty cooling and soothing on my skin, and I can definitely tell the difference after using. My skin just looks a lot clearer and smoother. And then I end it with a non-sticky gel cream.

In term of performance, this mask has helped my skin to become more refined. My skin texture and pores appear smoother and smaller. Also there is also an overall improvement to my skin tone. I really enjoy this mask and will repurchase in the future given the opportunity.

packaging: ★★★★
scent: ★★★★☆
material: ★★★★☆
wear: ★★★★
ingredients: ★★★★
finish: ★★★★★
repurchasing? yes

Mediheal Abalone Proatin Mask


This mask is pretty interesting. I bought it when I saw that “abalone proatin” which makes me wonder how abalone has anything to do with beauty. But Korean beauty industry is known for their ability to come out with non-conventional, weird-sounding ingredients so I am willing to give it a go.

Basically, this is a cotton sheet mask soaked in milky essence. It contains a lot of botanical ingredients such as 5,000ppm of abalone extract, hydrolyzed collagen, lecithin, hyaluronic acid, ascorbic acid, arginine, sesame seed extract, protein extract, berries extract and so on. Nowadays I am not that impressed by sheet mask with tonnes of ingredients anymore. My focus is more on their combined efficacy and benefits offered. This one seems like it is loaded with a good deal of moisturizing, nourishing, and smoothing ingredients. And my skin does appear smoother, as if I just bathed in milk, after using.
I adore the material, the scent and the effects hence I think I will repurchase in the future.

packaging: ★★★★
scent: ★★★★
material: ★☆
wear: ★☆
ingredients: ★☆
finish: ★☆
repurchasing? yes


[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...