1 Apr 2017

Lador Review Part 2: Lador Hydro LPP Treatment and Lador Perfect Fill-Up Ampoule


You can check out my part 1 review here.


Lador Hydro LPP Treatment


This is a hair treatment with "double-collagen" used to treat "dry and damaged hair". It is suitable for chemically treated hair like coloured and permed hair that will become dry and brittle over time. It has a pH of 4.5 but I am not sure does pH matter for our hair that is primarily made of dead cells though. You are not supposed to use this on your scalp, only your hair. Although it is a hair treatment, I like to use it as a conditioner on a daily basis. You can also use this as a stemming paste and leave it on for 10-15 minutes under a shower cap before rinsing it.


Oh I love the scent, I find it really nice and refreshing and even like it better than the Tea Tree Scalp Pack. Although this is a hair treatment, it actually feels like a lightweight oil-in-gel cream. It will get absorbed really well into your hair and makes it silky soft after washing. Do not get this onto your scalp though!


The texture is pretty bouncy and light.


[INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS] Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Oleyl Alcohol, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Lactic Acid, Benzophenone-9, Collagen, C12-18 Dialkyldimonium Chloride, Panthenol, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Orange 4 (CI 15510), Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Fragrance

This product has simpler ingredients with some botanical oils like olive oil and jojoba seed oil as well as skin conditioning agents like collagen, carrot extract and panthenol. I am fine with that. Sometimes, well-made products do not have to be full of fancy-sounding ingredients. Olive oil and jojoba seed oil are known for their nourishing properties. Some people even apply them raw on their hair and face. They are rich in fatty acids and can stimulate protein synthesis on the hair.

I did not find a lot of information regarding the “double-collagen” claim on its official website, but collagen is listed as one of the ingredients here. Collagen is a water-binding ingredient and an essential component of your skin and hair. Although topical application does not help to increase the amount of collagen in our cells, collagen is in itself a potent moisturizer that can protect and nourish your hair.

I rarely touch on the ingredients of hair treatment or hair conditioner. Normally, they are made of nourishing ingredients, which in this case botanical oils, and that’s pretty much what they are. Lador Hydro LPP Treatment is a lightweight oil-in-gel treatment that my hair drinks up happily. It will tame dry and frizzy hair within minutes and keep it hydrated for the next day. I have dry hair and scalp and this product has been really helpful in making them soft and smooth. It may not be as nourishing as Nature Republic Argan Oil Hair Pack but it is a great daily conditioner. In fact, this is the best conditioner I have ever used for my hair. I like it even better than my once beloved Ryo Scalp Deep-Cleansing Conditioner.

Next, I want to talk about two hair and scalp treatments that you use on a weekly basis:

Lador Perfect Fill-Up Ampoule


This is a hair repairing and deep-moisturizing ampoule that you use once or twice a week. It is suitable for damaged, processed, and weakened hair. It contains all the ingredients that are great for your hair such as collagen, keratin, ceramide and silk.


The product comes in separate plastic tube with 13ml of product inside. Each tube is good for 2-3 uses and you can just keep them for 2-3 months by sealing it back nicely. It is pretty fun to use. First, you open the tube and pour about 1/3 of the content into a dry container. Mix it with water at a 1:1 ratio and then stir it until the product turns cloudy as shown in the picture above. It will be a bit hot at this point of time. You apply it equally all over your hair and cover it with a plastic hair cap. You then leave it on for 20-30 minutes before rinsing it off. I am not sure do you use this before or after shampooing but I find that both ways work so it is up to your schedule and how you want to treat your hair.

I don't have the full ingredients list because I only bought the tubes separately. The ingredients shown here are taken from Memebox:

[INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS] Water, Steartrimonium Chloride, Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hydrolyzed Silk, CeramideMethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance

The ingredients are pretty simple. All italicized are preservatives and then you have your cores hydrolyzed keratin, collagen and silk. Keratin protein is a fibrous protein found in our hair and nails, it is also available in feathers and wools of animals. It is rich in cysteine (a type of amino acid) that gives it its unique protective and strengthening properties for the hair. Hydrolyzed keratin is found to have strengthening, elasticity improving and breakages preventing benefits for the hair. It can also protect the hair from harsh chemicals by forming a film around hair follicles. Both collagen and silk are normally used for moisturizing purposes. You can also find them in a lot of facial masks. I have talked about hydrolyzed collagen previously so I will only touch on hydrolyzed silk here. Basically, hydrolyzed silk or silk protein is an amino acid with moisture-binding and nourishing properties. It can give volume to the hair yet make it smooth and soft.

Well... I wouldn't say that I am very impressed because apparently I expect more from this product. It does everything a hair treatment would such as making my hair softer, smoother and more manageable, but the effect is not permanent or long-lasting enough. I need to use it every week to see the same results. Of course, at its price (US$ 1-2 each), this is not a bad product. In fact, if you look at the ingredients, this sounds like a very good hair strengthening and moisturizing ampoule treatment. But, given that I need to spend some 20-30 minutes on each use, and the result I get is more or less the same as after using some nourishing hair mask, I don't think I want to continue spending that amount of wait time, especially that I don't have the habit of doing my hair treatment before or after shower. I always get everything done in my shower. Maybe I will repurchase if I change my habit which is quite unlikely.

In short, a decent ampoule treatment with loads of amino acids for dry and brittle hair.

FINAL THOUGHT

Although I was really impressed with the performance of Lador scalp treatments, its hair treatments are not as impressive. I wouldn't say that they are not good. They are great, but its effects are not long lasting enough so I am still looking out for better alternatives. I love the Hydro LPP Treatment and use it as a daily conditioner. I find that this is probably the best conditioner I have ever used. I think I will just stick to this instead of purchasing hair conditioners from wellness store. As for the Perfect Fill-Up Ampoule, it is quite nice but the treatment takes time and its effects are not as long-lasting so I still prefer Nature Republic hair pack over this.

You can check out my part 1 review here.


Lador Hydro LPP Treatment
packaging: ★★★
scent: ★★★★★
texture: ★★★★★
ingredients: ★★★★
efficacy: ★★★★★
overall impression: ★★★★★ (best hair conditioner ever used)

Lador Perfect Fill-Up Ampoule
packaging: ★★★★
scent: ★★★★
texture: ★★★★★
ingredients: ★★★★

efficacy: ★★★★
overall impression: ★★★★

You can get this from: Qoo10 | RoseRoseShop | Gmarket | Testerkorea
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...