1 Apr 2017

Lador Review Part 1: Lador Tea Tree Scalp Clinic Hair Pack and Lador Scalp Scaling SPA, My Holy Grail Scalp Treatments


I am a product junkee, especially when it comes to hair care products because I have really "picky" scalp that cannot tolerate a lot of ingredients. And it gets pickier and pickier over time. I used to be doing well with Dove and L'Oreal but they itched my scalp out a lot when I was studying. My scalp is temporarily soothed after I switched to L'Oreal Paris Sulfate-Free Shampoo. However, the itchiness hits again when I switched to Dove Dandruff Shampoo after my college time was over and this time L'Oreal Paris failed even when I tried to switch back. 

I tried out a bunch of shampoos and treatments during that time and finally settled down on Tsubaki Head SPA, but the shampoo dried out my hair a lot so I had to stop using it after 2 bottles. My itchy scalp problem is mitigated when I met Ryo shampoo and conditioners. And guess what... the itchiness hits again when I finished my Ryo shampoos and switched to Yungo and Aquair, both of which had failed me badly. Some of you may ask, why did I ever change my Ryo shampoos if I am doing well with it? Well, I bought my Ryo from Qoo10 and the seller is no longer carrying it so I have to look out for alternatives. And then I found Innisfree, and also Lador. In this post, we are gonna talk about Lador, a lesser-known but powerful remedies for troubled hair and scalp conditions.

How I found out about Lador? Well, to be honest, I first saw it on Fiddy Snail's Instagram "showing off" her Memebox haul. I was looking for a good scalp treatment at that back and since Fiddy is an credible reviewer I wanted to give this product a try after reading her feedback on the product. Also, its ingredients list which includes green tea, ginseng, and tea tree really intrigue me. Its minimalist packaging also gives me the confidence that this is a brand with substance that doesn't bother to attract its customers by fancy packaging. Besides, since Lador is also supplying their products for salon so I guess there should be some quality assurance here. However, I cannot find a lot of information on its official Korean website because apparently I cannot read Korean. But those information I found on Memebox website seems quite promising so I finally decided to give it a go. I got the Tea Tree Scalp Clinic Hair Pack and Perfect Fill-Up Ampoule first, and then the Hydro LPP Treatment and Scalp Scaling Spa Hair Ampoule. In this review, I will talk about all four products I got from Lador, their respective functions and performance as well as their ingredients used. I will also do a comparison among them and disclose the products that I like better and why.

This review will be broken down into two parts:

Part 1: scalp treatments, Lador Tea Tree Scalp Clinic Hair Pack and Lador Scalp Scaling SPA
Part 2: hair treatments, Lador Hydro LPP Treatment and Lador Perfect Fill-Up Ampoule

Lador Tea Tree Scalp Clinic Hair Pack



This is my holy grail hair and scalp treatment. It is actually a hair mask but you can also use it as a wash-off type scalp treatment and hair conditioner. A bottle of this can solve all your hair and scalp concerns in the bathroom.


On the packaging, it says that this product contains tea tree oil, propolis extract (I couldn't find this ingredient on the ingredients list at the back, perhaps anyone can point that out for me if you found it?), and peppermint to calm and nourish your scalp. It can help to get rid of any dead skin cells, deep-seeded dirt, and chemical residues from your scalp. As we all know, a healthy scalp produces healthy hair so it is important that you keep your scalp clean and healthy as it is the basis to bouncier and stronger hair. And this hair pack also has a pH of 5.5, which is the optimal pH level for our skin to function properly. This magic number 5.5 applies to most health and beauty products, from cleanser, body shampoo... to hair care. And I do notice that my skin stays hydrated for longer and is less likely to breakout when I am using something 5.5. But if you have really healthy moisture barrier than the pH of your beauty products is not as significant. I can do well with higher pH cleanser but not with higher pH shampoo because the moisture barrier on my scalp is destroyed, if you get what I mean.


This thing smells amazing! It has some really fresh herbal scent that is not overpowering or disturbing. I am not sure is the scent naturally derived or made of synthetic fragrance though since it doesn't state that anywhere on its packaging. The product is a lightweight gel cream that is very rich in emollient, which is why you can also use it as a hair conditioner. Unlike a lot of hair conditioners I have tried, which is very creamy and feels as if it will never be absorbed into the hair, this product is surprisingly lightweight given how nourishing it is. So, if I were to describe, most hair conditioners in the market feels like ultra-rich facial cream whereas this one feels like a lightweight facial oil, does that make sense?

[INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS] Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Steartrimonium Chloride, Dimethicone, Mineral Oil, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Snail Secretion Filtrate, Betaine, Camellia Sinensis Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Polyglutamic Acid, Menthol, Ceramide NP, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Rose Extract, Argan Tricunel Oil, PEG-45M, Dimethiconol, Benzophenone-5, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, CI 15985, Perfume

There is a number of botanical extracts here, such as snail mucin, green tea, tea tree, polyglutamic acid, aloe vera, rose, argan oil and so on. Snail mucin extract is known for its ability to repair skin damage, stimulate collagen synthesis and increase fibronectin protein production. It contains hyaluronic acid, glycoprotein enzymes and antimicrobial peptides and is mainly used to moisturize, repair, and rejuvenate the skin, allowing it to heal faster. Cosrx and It’s Skin popular snail line are using this ingredient. I am delighted to find this ingredient in this product. Although the instruction requires that you only leave it on for 2-3 minutes but I sometimes go beyond that to allow the ingredients inside to get longer contact with my skin. Another key ingredient is tea tree extract. 

Tea tree extract is the main ingredient in many anti-acne products and it is known to be as effective as benzoyl peroxide when it comes to acne-combating. It is also an anti-inflammatory and anti-septic ingredient which allows it to fight against harmful bacteria on the skin. I have dry, flaky and troubled scalp and this ingredient has helped to calm and soothe my scalp a lot making it lesser prone to breakouts. Menthol is also added to give a refreshing and cooling sensation to the scalp in addition to the healing benefits offered by snail mucin and tea tree extracts. 

The rest of the ingredients are mostly hydrating and nourishing ingredients. Betaine is a humectant and skin soothing ingredient which offers a lot of hydration to the skin without leaving any sticky residues. Green tea extract is another anti-oxidizing and soothing ingredient that you can see in a lot of skin moisturizing and anti-aging products such as Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum. Polyglutamic acid is derived from fermented soybean paste known as natto. It will form a smooth and silky film on the skin to protect it from the harmful surroundings. It is also an excellent humectant and can increase the production of natural moisturizing factors like lactic acid, PCA, and urocanic acid. And we also have argan oil, mineral oil, ceramide, hydrolyzed collagen, and rose extract for similar purposes.

Although this contains some pores clogging ingredients as you can see in CosDNA analysis but those are ingredients commonly found in many other products as well. Unless if you are sensitive to any of them, there is no reason to believe that this will clog the pores on your scalp. And so far, I don’t have any issues with them on my scalp. 

I have finished up at least 3 tubes of this and must say that I am really impressed. This is a hair mask that comes in a tube so it is very convenient and easy to use. You don't have to scoop the product out or wash your hand before using. The product has a fresh herbal scent that is really relaxing and mild if compared to a lot of perfumy hair products out there. The texture of this product is also quite pleasant. It is a gel cream but a very nourishing yet lightweight gel cream. It is not like those creamy silicony conditioner you found in cheaper Sunsilk and Dove conditioners. Those might look nourishing but they actually don't get absorbed into your hair so you only get temporarily "smoothness" and this will go away after you blow dry your hair. But this product is different. I can definitely feel that my hair is bouncier and smoother after using. And the cooling sensation you get from the menthol inside is amazing! You will enjoy every moment of massaging this onto your scalp. My scalp is also much calmed and soothed, my dandruffs (flaky dead skins) reduced and it can stay itch-free for longer. I am quite a junkee when it comes to hair and scalp treatments because apparently none seems to treat me right but given the fact that I have always come back to this after trying out other things, and have repurchased it numerous times, you know that it definitely works!

I don't think this is a deep-cleansing scalp mask or treatment. I normally associate deep-cleansing with ingredients like charcoal, clay, and chemical exfoliators, but this product doesn't contain any of those. Rather, it has antiseptic and acne-targeting ingredient like tea tree as well as skin repairing ingredient like snail. It also has a lot of nourishing ingredients. So I think this works like a deep moisturizing treatment that encourages the scalp to rejuvenate and repair itself. It is like a wash-off type treatment for the scalp as well as hair. Although you can also use this as a conditioner but I personally find that it is less nourishing compared to the next product we are gonna talk about.

Lador Scalp Scaling Spa Hair Ampoule


Lador Scalp Scaling SPA is a wash-off type ampoule treatment for the scalp, and is a much potent version of the Tea Tree Scalp Clinic Hair Pack. For that reason, it has a shorter shelf life than its Lador counterparts. The one I got from the same seller expires in 2017 whereas the Tea Tree Scalp Pack expires in 2019.

This is an exfoliating treatment for scalp with great ingredients like herb, tea tree, green tea, snail mucin, argan oil and minerals. It will hydrate and heal your scalp as well as remove anything that might clog the pores on your scalp to allow it to function optimally.


The ampoule comes in a light gel cream texture with vitamin-enriched beads inside. It contains menthol so your scalp will be cooled, refreshed and soothed a few minutes after you massage it in. You apply this after shampooing and before conditioning and massage it gently onto your scalp, leave it on for 1-2 minutes before rinsing it off. I sometimes will apply this on my scalp and the Perfect Fill-Up on my hair and then leave them on for 20-30 minutes for a complete therapy.

[INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS] Water, Alcohol, Tocopherol Acetate, Camellia Sinensis Extract, Butylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid, Panax Ginseng Extract, Cnidium Officinale Root Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Acorus Calamus Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Hinokitiol, Niacinamide, Polyoxyethylene Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Mentha Arvensis Leaf Oil

You’ll realize that this is an ampoule just by looking at the ingredients. Bolded are all skin-benefiting ingredients without unnecessary addictive. I didn’t even find a functional preservative here, which explains its shorter shelf life.

A majority of the ingredients used in this ampoule are antioxidants. Vitamin E, green tea extract, ginseng root extract, cnidium officinale root extract (a type of Asian herb), grape fruit extract, niacinamide, and hinokitiol are all anti-oxidizing ingredients that can delay aging of the scalp and get rid of free radicals that might weaken and damage your scalp. Ryo has a whole line Jayangjunmo designed specifically to target hair fall problems for those with weaker scalp. And antioxidants such as ginseng and Korean herbs are key ingredients they use to serve that purpose.

And then we have salicylic acid or BHA, which is a chemical exfoliator that can get rid of dead skin cells trapped within your pores. Clogged pores is the reason that causes breakouts, imbalance skin barrier and bacterial infection hence consistently clearing it will help to solve this problem. And this ampoule is also enriched with soothing and calming ingredients like cornmint oil, acorus gramineus root extract, and aloe vera. These anti-inflammatory are the key contributors to the soothed, calmed and refreshed sensation I get after each treatment. And they also bring down any issues that might occur during the exfoliating process.

I have used up 3 tubes of this. It is so far so good. The effects are not amazing because I can still see a lot of bacteria infection-causing dandruff on my scalp. And my scalp is not itch-free for longer after adding this to my routine. But I do find that after each treatment, my hair is kept hassle-free for a few days which is good because it means it is doing its job at exfoliating my scalp. However, I have not seen any permanent or long-term benefits of using this ampoule, which is meant to treat my scalp. I still have a few more left so I will use it for longer to make further judgement.

FINAL THOUGHT

I am really impressed by Lador scalp treatments. I have used tonnes of scalp treatment for my extremely sensitive, flaky and infected scalp but none seems to serve its purpose well. Some products I used are drugstore brands like Avene and Moogoo so-called pharmaceutical brands for skin problems. I also tried out apple cider vinegar and it also doesn't turn out well on my scalp. And then I found these two from Lador, and it has since then become the only scalp treatments that I keep on repurchasing. I might still try other products in the future but I think I can safely call Lador my holy grail scalp treatments now. You can check out my part 2 review on Lador products here.


Lador Tea Tree Scalp Clinic Hair Pack
packaging: ★★★★
scent: ★★★★★
texture: ★★★★★
ingredients: ★★★★☆
efficacy: ★★★★★
overall impression: ★★★★★ (holy grail scalp treatment)

Lador Scalp Scaling SPA
packaging: ★★★★
scent: ★★★★★
texture: ★★★★★
ingredients: ★★★★★
efficacy: ★★★★☆
overall impression: ★★★★☆ (excellent and will repurchase again)


You can get this from: Qoo10 | RoseRoseShop | Gmarket | Testerkorea
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...