17 Apr 2017

Comparison Review: 13 Hair Treatments I've Tried for My Dry and Frizzy Hair in the Summer

We talked about scalp treatments previously, so I want to discuss hair treatments in this article. Hair is basically a bunch of dead skin cells made of protein filament. Like every part of your body, it is prone to dryness, roughness and breakage. It is important that you take care of your hair in addition to taking care of your scalp, to prevent discoloration or splitting. I normally use a hair treatment once per week to offer some deep nourishment for my hair, mostly during weekend. But if I find lighter hair treatment like Lador Hydro LPP Treatment, I will also use it as a hair conditioner to sort of moisturize and condition my hair after daily shampooing. This comparison review will compare 13 different hair treatments (excluding hair conditioners) that I have tried from various brands with a focus on Korean brands in the past few years. Since I am living in a hot and humid environment, so I will also call this the hair treatment review for the summer. I have dry and frizzy hair with serious scalp issue. So you might be interested in knowing what kind of hair treatments can you use for dry hair but troubled scalp in a summer country, which I will sharing below.

Anyway, end with the introduction, let's cut straight to the products:
  • Lador Hydro LPP Treatment
  • Lador Perfect Fill-Up Water
  • Magic Boo One Minute Hair Treatment
  • Mise en Scene Pearl Shining Treatment
  • Mise en Scene Perfect Repair Serum
  • Mise en Scene Shine Care Diamond Serum
  • Mise en Scene Perfect Repair Treatment
  • MSK Smooth Refreshing Vitamin Water
  • Nature Republic Argan Essential Deep Care Hair Pack
  • Primera Marula Daily Treatment
  • Ryo Camellia Seed Oil Treatment For Unruly and Damaged Hair
  • Tsubaki Damage Care Hair Emulsion
  • Yungo Ampoule Drop Essence


Lador Perfect Fill-Up Water


I have talked about this in details here. Basically, this is a watery ampoule that will turn into hydrating gel once you mix it with tap water at 1:1 ratio. Do remember it is 1:1 ratio, otherwise the gel that is formed will be too "watery" to give any significant benefits for your hair. You leave it on for about 10-20 minutes and then rinse it off like conditioner. Your hair will be kept soft, silky, velvety for the next 1-2 days, just like the ladies you see in shampoo advertisement. Of course, this offers temporarily softness, and the effects are not as powerful as hair treatment you did in saloon, but considering its price, I would say it is a good bargain if you are willing to wait that 10-20 minutes.

Lador Hydro LPP Treatment



This is a hair treatment made of collagen protein, but I normally just use it as a conditioner. I apply about a 50 cent amount onto my hair ends and then rinse it thoroughly later. This is by far the best conditioner I have ever used. It is lightweight (not excessively creamy or thick) and nourishing for my dry and frizzy hair. Again, the effect is temporarily but you'll see the difference from other conditioner in the market. And the price is pretty friendly as well! See my full review here.

Magic Boo One Minute Hair Treatment


I bought this from Hermo when everyone seemed to be raving about it. This was claimed to be "one of the best oil treatments you can have for your hair". You will get silky soft hair within 1 minute after using. To be honest, this doesn't do much to my hair. It is a decent hair conditioner, but it is not good enough as a weekly treatment. Its performance is similar to Dove treatment you can buy in the grocery store. Not unique, but not bad either. And I don't like how this tended to make the floor of my bathroom greasy and hard to wash. I guess I still prefer my Lador Hydro LPP Treatment. 

Mise en Scene Perfect Repair Serum and Shine Care Diamond Serum


I have done a comparison review on these two hair serums from Mise en Scene previously. Out of the two, I prefer Perfect Repair Serum. It is my holy grail hair serums, with really enticing rose argan oil scent, smooth finish and fast-absorbing properties. I never look at other hair serums, or none of the hair serum I bought seemed to work fine ever since I got to know this. Even the Shine Care Diamond Serum was a complete "meh" for me. The Diamond Serum took forever to get absorbed into my hair hence did not bring any improvements for my hair. I would keep repurchasing the Perfect Repair Serum but not the Diamond Serum.

Mise en Scene Pearl Shining Treatment


Normally, I judge the quality of a hair treatment by comparing it to Dove I can get in many supermarket. This one happens to below-Dove although its price is slightly above Dove. It is basically a creamy and thick silicon paste that could temporarily soothe and nourish your hair THE MOMENT YOU HAVE IT ON. Once you rinse it off, your hair will go back to its original frizzy, dry state. I am against wastage so I forced myself to finish this off, and washed my bathroom more frequently, but I would never repurchase.

Mise en Scene Perfect Repair Treatment


This is slightly better than the Mise en Scene Pearl Shining Treatment. It is a lightweight oil treatment that smells exactly like the Mise en Scene Perfect Repair Serum and feels highly nourishing on the hair. It blends into your hair nicely, making it manageable for the whole day long. The problem about this hair treatment is that, you need it use it at least once every two days to get consistent results. Otherwise, your hair will be back to its frizzy state again. And it is also not easily accessible in Malaysia, so I don't think I will repurchase in the future. It is just an slightly-above-average hair treatment that I don't think is worth the shipping to have it shipped to Malaysia.

MSK Smooth Refreshing Vitamin Water


I bought this from a local hair saloon. And when I finished it, I bought it from Qoo10 because it is more convenient. It is the only hair vitamin water that I kept repurchasing. I remember using one from Wella that was pretty good but that one came in a small bottle at about RM 30-40. This MSK one costs only RM 35 for a big tube like this. Honestly, I wouldn't say that this is amazing. It is made of normal moisturizers and hydrolyzed wheat protein. There is really nothing so special about its ingredients. But it is something lightweight that you can just leave on your hair the whole day without having to rinse off. And your hair will feel soft and somewhat shinier after it has absorbed enough moisture and nutrients. And when your are sweating and your scalp starts producing foully smell, this will also come in handy to disguise any scent that comes out from your scalp. I am not sure will I repurchase because I don't think this is the best hair spray or hair vitamin water that I have used, but I think this is one of the best among all other night market brands I have tried.

Nature Republic Argan Essential Deep Care Hair Pack


This stuff rocks. It is a super nourishing and nice-smelling argan oil hair mask where you apply on your hair for 5-10 minutes and then rinse off. It comes in a big tub and is inexpensive considering the amount of product you are getting. I have done a full review on this before. I wouldn't say that it is a ride or die product, but it is a nicely made nourishing hair mask that will make a difference on your hair when you put it on. Unfortunately, your silky soft hair will only last for a couple of days after you wash it off so you always need to reapply it every a few days to maintain that silky soft hair look. Not my holy grail yet, but it is one of the best hair masks I have tried so I will continue to purchase in the future.

Primera Marula Daily Treatment


This is a hair treatment, but you can also use it as a daily conditioner. It smells like prickles, just something soury but that dissipates after you wash it off. I use this after shampooing and then massage it directly onto my hair. It feels and looks like normal conditioner but your hair will be kept really bouncy, soft and smooth after using. I think if not for Lador Hydro LPP Treatment, which I think is a better product compared to this, I would have repurchased this instead. If you are into something natural or plant-based, then this is the right product for you.

Ryo Camellia Seed Oil Treatment For Unruly and Damaged Hair


I have had high expectation on this hair treatment which ended up vastly disappointed. This is a hair treatment that you DO NOT use on a daily basis. It is very rich and creamy and will keep your hair silky and smooth. The problem is, the smoothness only lasts as long as you smear it onto your hair. Once you rinse it off, it would be the bathroom floor's turn to get smooth. And you will end up spending hours and hours cleaning up your bathroom floor with your hair still frizzy and unmanageable. It is not better than Dove Conditioner you can find in any grocery store. There is nothing much that I can say. This is a creamy silicon that I would never repurchase.

Tsubaki Damage Care Hair Emulsion



Actually, this Tsubaki Damage Care Hair Emulsion was pretty good. I found it in local Guardian stores when I was looking for leave-on moisturizer for my hair. It was not the cheapest ones and it didn't come in a big bottle. However, it is definitely a very pleasantly formulated hair emulsion that is quite lightweight and moisturizing. The problem with this product is that, since it is an emulsion, you will need a few pumps so you will drain the product really quickly. I think I finished this one up within 2 months or so with regular uses so I have since switched over to hair serum in the form of oil. Those lasts longer, are more moisturizing and more affordable.

Yungo Ampoule Drop Essence


I bought Yungo Ampoule Essence when Yungo was really hyped up among the beauty community. To be honest, it was hyped up because there was a lot of fakes in the market so people were assuming that these were really good products which is why there were so many fakes out there. Hermo carried it but later stopped carrying it for some reasons. And the whole obsession about Yungo haircare products just somehow faded.

Anyhow, I bought this Yungo Ampoule Essence in the hope of it outperforming my long beloved Mise en Scene Perfect Repair Serum. But it doesn't. And it was not even comparable to my Mise en Scene Perfect Repair Serum. It smells weird, it is too oily, it doesn't get absorbed into the hair nicely and it is more expensive. I think those hair serum I bought from night market can probably do an equally good job if not better job at moisturizing my hair. In short, I am disappointed.

FINAL THOUGHT

favourite hair treatment: Lador Perfect Fill-Up Water
favourite hair conditioner: Lador Hydro LPP Treatment
favourite hair mask: Nature Republic Argan Essential Deep Care Hair Pack
favourite hair serum: Mise en Scene Perfect Repair Serum


[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Product are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...