16 Mar 2017

Review: Yves Rocher Rinsing Vinegar


I learned about the many benefits of vinegar rinse through youtuber Hover. She has oily and sensitive scalp which will produce funky scent when it starts producing oil hence she talks about hair products a lot and some of those she recommended are pretty good. So when I saw her raving about this Yves Rocher Rinsing Vinegar I didn't hesitate to get one for myself especially that this is retailed at less than RM 50 in Malaysia. I adore its claimed benefits of keeping the hair itch-free, healthy and shiny all day long and I couldn't wait to try it on mine. Let's see how it works on my dry, flaky and sensitive scalp!



For those of you who are new to the brand, Yves Rocher is a French cosmetic brand founded in 1959. The brand believes in the special vitalizing power of botanical ingredients and its ability to deliver beauty benefits to the skin. It also owns a botanical garden in La Gacilly that is open to the public. The brand shares a lot of similarities with Melvita and Belif, both of which are botanical ingredients-based with promising brand philosophy.



The Rinsing Vinegar is a staple in Yves Rocher. It is one of their best-selling products. It claims to bring natural shine and volume to the hair and will provide divine sensory experience with its blend of aromas.



The product comes in a faint red colour fluid that is very watery on the skin. You use it after shampooing and conditioning and are required to rinse it off with warm water 5-10 minutes later. You can also skip your conditioner with this.

INGREDIENTS

Aqua/Water/Eau, Acetum/Vinegar/Vinaigre, Parfum/Fragrance, Palmitamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Propylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid, Aroma (Flavor), Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Methylpropanediol, Alcohol, Ci 14700 (Red 4), Ci 17200 (Red 33), Ci 42090 (Blue 1)

INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS

I am not sure which type of vinegar are being using here, but apple cider vinegar itself carries amazing benefits for the skin and scalp! It can regulate sebum and pH level on the skin, guarding it against fungal and bacterial growth. A lot of hair shampoos in the market is rather high in pH so it might disturb the scalp's natural pH making it irritated and unable to retain moisture. I am having this disturbed moisture barrier on my scalp as well although not on my skin hence shampoo lower in pH does help greatly to balance the sebum on my scalp. Its ability to fence off fungus and bacteria on the scalp also makes it a great anti-dandruff treatment.

Another great thing about using vinegar on the hair is its ability to detangle the hair, add shine and increase bounciness on the skin. The acidity of the product can also smooth and tame cuticles making the hair appears softer and smoother with less frizz. 

Salicylic acid, an exfoliating agent is also added to slough off dead skin cells on the scalp to reduce dandruff production. I love this ingredient! It has helped out a lot on my dryness-related dryness when I was using Innisfree Zero Shampoo. Most shampoos with salicylic acid have worked well on my scalp so it is a delight seeing it here!

PERFORMANCE AND CONCLUSION

Despite a lot of people have been raving about this product, I did not see the same results after using an entire bottle of this. It doesn't make my hair shinier, bouncier, softer or stronger. Nor does it reduce the flakiness on my scalp and improve dandruff. Worse, it actually gets absorbed into the scalp so my scalp is not getting better because there are still leftover vinegar in it! I have tried washing my hair a few times to get rid of the vinegar but the scent (and the product) lingers. As such, I wouldn't be repurchasing after I am done with this bottle. I guess I prefer to DIY my own vinegar rinse if I need any. It is better to have raw vinegar going on your scalp than some synthetic one that you cannot completely rinse off.


About: hair treatment, scalp treatment
Properties: exfoliating, hair conditioning, scalp regenerating, pH balancing
Pros: smells better than vinegar, convenient to use
Cons: aroma gets sucked into the scalp, short shelf life (6 months)

packaging: ★★★★
scent: ★★
texture: ★★★★
ingredients: ★★★☆
performance - sebum controlling: ★
performance - hair conditioning: ★
performance - scalp conditioning: ★
general impression (comment): ★

You can get this from: Yves Rocher Malaysia
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...