14 Mar 2017

Review: SU:M37 Miracle Rose Cleansing Stick


The product that we are gonna talk about today is considered a cult favourite. Almost everyone is raving about it... Soko Glam, Glow Recipe, Meejmuse and Gothamista. So I still ended up getting one although this is not something I will usually buy given its price tag. For me, a cleanser is meant to be rinsed off your face with less than a minute of skin contact so there is no point buying an expensive one, unless if it is really THAT good. Let's take a look at this cleanser to see it is indeed THAT good.


I believe SU:M37 Miracle Rose Cleansing Stick is not new to many of you. It has been raved and loved by many celebrities, bloggers and youtubers as a nice-smelling, gentle and convenient cleansing soap. It comes in the form of stick which makes it really travel-friendly because you can put in your bag and carry it around with you. The product is a soap, housed in a plastic tube that helps to prevent it from contamination because only the top part will be exposed to the surrounding. As for its scent, it does smelly luxuriously of rose although not super enticing. It is nice, but not awesome.

before vs. after using

The cleanser itself looks quite beautiful with rose petals floating on top. And these rose petals will work well as a natural exfoliating agents when you rub it on your skin. I enjoy massaging the cleanser onto my skin seeing how it foams up and gently removes all the grime on my skin. Using it is a joy.



Testing it on makeup. As you can see, this cleanser is not effective at removing makeup, especially tinted and waterproof makeup. Maybe it will remove sunscreen but definitely not heavier makeup. I will always use an oil cleanser before this.

INGREDIENTS
(translated from the packaging)

Glycerin, Aqua, Coconut Oil, Myristic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Betaine, Lauryl Betaine, Camellia Oil, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Pelargonium Graveolens (Rose Geranium) Flower Oil, Rose Flower Oil, Castor Oil, Green Tea Seed Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Olive Oil, Apricot Seed Oil, Ylang Ylang Flower Oil, Lime Oil, Orange Peel Oil, Lemon Peel Oil, Basil Oil, Origanum Heracleoticum Flower Oil, Saccharomyces/Astragalus Membranaceus Root Ferment Extract, Rose Damascena Flower Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol

INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS

If you look at CosDNA rating, you will notice that a lot of the cleansing agents such as coconut oil, myristic acid, palmitic acid and so on are acne-triggering and skin irritating. But keep in mind that we are talking about cleansing agents. These are not the things you will put on your skin, rather those you wash off the face. So I won't be worried about these as they won't stay any longer than one minute on my face. As long as they are gentle and effective enough, I will be okay with them.

A blend of botanical extracts and oils such as camellia oil, rose flower water, geranium oil, rose flower oil, castor oil, green tea seed oil, sunflower seed oil, olive oil, apricot seed oil, ylang ylang oil, lime oil, orange peel oil, lemon peel oil, basil oil, and fermented huang qi extract are being used here. Most of these oils are fragranced hence giving this cleanser its unique fermented rose scent. But a lot of these are also anti-inflammatory, nourishing, anti-oxidizing agents. The fermented huang qi inside is a type of herbal root that has been clinically proven to reduce the sign of aging and will act as a protector against mental and environmental stressors.

The formula in short sounds like a fragrance oil-enriched cleansing soap with loads of emollients and anti-oxidizing ingredients inside. Not extremely useful as a skin-improving skincare product, but will work well as a relaxing skin massaging and cleansing tool to start or end your day.


CONCLUSION

I have been using this cleansing stick in the past few months and here are my thoughts on the product. The product is very well-made. It comes in a beautiful packaging with the cleanser itself housed in a hygienic tube container. The product smells like what I would expect for fermented rose, but not as enticing as I expect. I expect something better since everyone is raving about its scent. The product has done a good job at removing dirt or grime on my skin surface but not really makeup. But I like how it always leaves my skin soft and smooth everytime after using.

As for whether or not I will repurchase, I would say it depends. I might if I see good discount in the future because I like how it feels on my skin. But it is still quite expensive at its price and I did not see equivalent results having using it for more than 4 months. Besides, I just bought Belif and Neogen cleansing sticks so I will probably test those ones out first before thinking whether or not I want to repurchase this.

packaging: ★★★★
scent: ★★★★☆
texture: ★★★★☆
ingredients: ★★★★☆
performance - makeup removing: ★
performance - deep-cleansing: ★★★
general impression: ★★★★ (very good; pricey, not drying, smells nice, convenient)

You can get this from: Qoo10 | 11street | Koreadepart
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Product is purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...