28 Mar 2017

Review: Goodal Moisture Barrier Liquid, Eye Cream and Cream


Today, I want to talk about Goodal Moisture Barrier Travel Kit that I bought from Gmarket a few months ago. Inside, there is Goodal Moisture Barrier Liquid (23ml), Moisture Barrier Cream (10ml) and Moisture Barrier Eye Cream (5ml), literally everything I wanted to try from the Goodal Moisture Barrier line. It is always good to have travel kit like these so that you can try before buying to avoid getting the wrong products for your skin. This kit is also available at CLIO Club for $25.

Goodal Moisture Barrier Liquid 


This is an all-in-one (AIO) liquid that can function as a toner, serum and moisturizer. Normally, I will use it as an emulsion after a serum and before a cream. I find that using this right after cleansing will leave my skin a little bit tacky and the moisturizing power is compromised if compared to using this as an emulsion.

This product is formulated using fermented mistletoe leaves and fruits stored in a bamboo container. So the ingredients absorb the characteristics of bamboo making this extra hydrating compared to other fermented ingredients. It also contains a lot of moisturizing, brightening and wrinkles-improving ingredients such as niacinamide, sugarcane extract, lilac extract, mineral water, turmeric root extract, cocoa extract, mistletoe leaf extract, squalane, urea, propolis extract and so on.

Honestly, I really enjoy using this Moisture Barrier Liquid and have placed this under my wish list. This feels like Innisfree Green Tea Balancing Lotion but is many times more lightweight and hydrating. I enjoy smoothing it over my face feeling how it is slowly absorbed inside making my skin plumper and softer. This is definitely one of the travel essentials that can cut you back on a lot of hassle and luggage weight since it is a moisturizing and anti-aging AIO lotion. Love it, and will definitely repurchase in the future.

Goodal Moisture Barrier Cream


This is an “innovative melting-type cream” that looks like a balm but actually quite lightweight when you smooth it out on your skin. It is an emollient cream infused with mistletoe complex and ceramide to provide anti-aging and skin’s moisture barrier strengthening effects. It also contains water sourced from the Seorak Mountain of Korea, a UNESCO World Heritage site and a biosphere reserve. This is a true moisture strove for your skin.


I have a mixed feeling on this cream. It is quite rich and can be a little bit greasy when I apply it on my skin. However, it is definitely very moisturizing and soothing especially when my skin is extra dry or irritated. And I am in love with its unique floral scent and the ingredients used. I guess this will be suitable for those living in a colder season and have drier skin. I don’t think I will repurchase since I still find this a little bit too rich for my liking, but I will recommend it for those with drier skin!

Goodal Moisture Barrier Eye Cream


This is an emollient eye cream that is catered for wrinkled and dry eye area. It contains loads of emollient, peptides, antioxidants and nourishing ingredients to help the skin retain and hold moisture keeping fine lines and wrinkles at bay. It also contains niacinamide to help brightening up the area around the eyes.


This is a decent eye cream, just like the Primera Organience Eye Cream. It is an emollient-rich eye cream that is not too greasy or overwhelming. But if you are prone to milias then this should not be the right choice for you since it contains a lot of nourishing ingredients like ceramide. Just like the Moisture Barrier Cream, this is a little bit too rich for my liking. It will leave a thin layer of greasiness around the eye, instead of sinking into your eye area like Belif Peat Miracle Revital Eye Cream. Hence, it may be nourishing but definitely not hydrating and moisturizing enough. I will not repurchase after I finish the miniature.

FINAL THOUGHT

I have heard a lot of positive reviews on Goodal Moisture Barrier line. Goodal is a skincare brand under the makeup brand CLIO. It is one of the few that uses fermented ingredients in their products. As we have discussed previously, fermentation increases the potency of skincare ingredients multifold and is easier to get absorbed by our skin hence making them more effective than they normally are. This Moisture Barrier line is targeted for those with compromised skin’s moisture barrier by adding a lot of skin repairing ingredients like ceramide, niacinamide, squalane, and so on to encourage cellular repair and regeneration of the skin. But since it is pretty rich, it may not suit those with oily and combination skin (except the Moisture Barrier Liquid) and those living in warmer places. In short, a lovely skincare line for the right skin type.


You can get this from: Goodal Malaysia | Gmarket | Koreadepart | Testerkorea
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...