11 Mar 2017

Review: Banila Co White Wedding CC Cushion and White Wedding Dream Cream


I am not quite a makeup person but today I want to talk about two makeup items I recently bought from Korea. I think you guys are familiar with Banila Co and its popular Clean it Zero Sherbet Cleanser as well as CC Cream. Banila Co came out with this white wedding line few months ago and I had the opportunity of buying its cushion foundation and white wedding dream cream myself. Let's look at them separately.


Banila Co White Wedding CC Cushion


I always want to try the Banila Co CC Cushion, but since this came out, I opted for this instead. It is claimed to be a brightening, wrinkles-refining and sun protecting cc cushion with bouquet flower complex and micro blooming powder. It can boost natural radiance of the skin with good coverage and long-lasting hydration.


The one I bought is BP15 Pink Beige "Natural Skin Tone". As learned from my previous experience with Innisfree Ampoule Intense Cushion, it is safer to opt for the middle shade which is somewhere around N21. Although brighter shade definitely boosts up my complexion but it will look quite unnatural especially when the makeup starts getting off.


The cushion has unique design. You need to press it with a puff to dispense the foundation inside. Of course, it is much more hygienic and the product will last longer this way. But the cons is that you cannot really reach the last few bites of the cushion foundation. Normally I will turn the cushion upside down when the cushion foundation is almost finished but not for this kinda design.


As you can see, the puff picks up the foundation really well and evenly. The puff is also quite easy to clean. I just soak it in cleansing oil and then rinse it off with water several times over to remove foundation residues.


This cc cushion has pretty decent coverage, it can cover freckles and redness on my skin really well without looking cakey or unnatural. It definitely boosts my skin radiance in a nice way. But if are looking for something moisturizing, then this may not be the best option for you. This white wedding cc cushion, despite its decent coverage and radiance-boosting, is not very moisturizing (although not drying).

Banila Co White Wedding Dream Cream


Several beauty forums claim that this is the best product of the white wedding line. This is not a skincare, more like a highlighter or radiance-boosting makeup base. It contains micro blooming powder to absorb sebum and make the makeup last longer thorough the day.


I have tried the Banila Co It Radiant Brightening Cream before, and here is what I think of both products. The Banila Co It Radiant Brightening Cream is a lightweight gel that nicely hydrates and softens the skin giving it a clearer and plumper look. The White Wedding Dream Cream, on the other hand, comes in a creamy texture with mica particles inside that instantly boosts the skin tone. The White Wedding Dream Cream works like Cloud9 Blanc De White Cream, Dr Jart+ V7 Toning Light, and Goodal Premium Snail Tone-Up Cream.


I am not sure can you use this day and night but Soko Glam claims that you can do that. But if you ask me, I wouldn't put something so pigmented on my skin thorough the night when it should be resting, rejuvenating and regenerating. I am quite particular about pigments in skincare and I always struggle to get them off my skin before going to bed.


If you look at the ingredients, mica and titanium dioxide are pretty high up in the rank. I am not against mica in skincare but I am not a fan of the ingredient since it only temporarily brightens up the skin. For skin brightening ingredients, I still prefer niacinamide, vitamin c, AHAs, licorice root extract and so on. This cream contains some good ingredients, like rose flower extract, lavender extract, ceramide, ginkgo biloba leaf extract, centella asiatica extract, jasmine extract, and so on with anti-inflammatory, moisturizing and anti-aging benefits. It also has tonnes of antioxidants, some of which carry skin brightening benefits like niacin, niacinamide, vitamin C and so on.

But again... I am still a bit concerned about its pigment contents. In addition to mica, this product also contains titanium dioxide and riboflavin. And mica is bio-cumulative which may not be good for our skin long-term health. This also contains folic acid, an ingredient that pregnant women should avoid.

In short, the Banila Co White Wedding Dream Cream is a natural-looking, radiance-boosting cream that I will use only in the day time to replace highlighter. But, I won't use this as a skincare. I still prefer the old-men way of brightening up my skin.


Banila Co White Wedding CC Cushion
packaging: ★★★★☆
scent: ★★★
performance - long lasting: 
performance - coverage: 
performance - moisturizing: 
finish: 
general impression: ★★★☆ (not dewy enough, can appear cakey if I apply several layers to cover my freckles)

Banila Co White Wedding Dreaming Cream
packaging: ★★★★
scent: ★★★★☆
texture: 
ingredients:  (contains too many pigments)
performance - long lasting: 
performance - brightening: 
performance - moisturizing: ☆ (not drying)
finish: ☆ (quite natural)
general impression: ★★★☆ (only as a makeup base) 

You can get this from: Banila Co Malaysia | Hermo 
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...