13 Mar 2017

Revew: J.One Hana Cream


J.One Jelly Pack made quite a big hit in Korea when Ha Ji Woon recommended it on Get it Beauty show. As a product junkee myself, I of course went into buying one of this but ended up giving it away because I dislike its texture. I find the Jelly Pack very sticky and uncomfortable when applied on the skin. It will take forever to sink in and will stick to my hair and even attract dirt to my skin. So the J.One Jelly Pack was a failure for me.

But I didn't give up on J.One products completely. I jumped the wagon again when Ha Ji Woon came out with this capsule cream J.One Hana Cream. She claimed that this cream will be able to diminish the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on your skin. And its Nobel price winning ingredient fullerece acts as an oxygen magnet to supply moisture and nutrition to your skin. Sort of like an all-in-one anti-aging cream.







The product is packed in an elegant black box. On the packaging it says "dramatic anti-wrinkle effect intense capsule cream". There isn't any English description on the box.

From Glow Recipe and Sephora websites, I get to know that this is a nourishing and anti-aging cream that comes in the form of spherical, perfectly portioned capsules. Each capsule contains skin benefiting ingredients to improve the elasticity of the skin, making it appears firmer and younger. One capsule is sufficient for the use of your entire face, although I tend to need two to cover both my face and neck.



The product is housed in a beautiful frosted plastic bottle. It comes with a spatula for hygienic and convenient purpose. I think I will keep the jar for other purpose when I am done with the cream.





Inside, you will see a jar full of cute bouncy capsules that look like some Japanese cartoon characters. It is so cute that I can't resist squeezing one between my fingers. It gives me odd visual satisfaction lols!



They pack the cream in the form of capsules to keep it fresher for longer. It is also more hygienic that way as it prevents us from dipping our finger into the cream. We only need to pick out or scoop a capsule each time, preventing further contamination. But there is a cons to this design as well. I notice that the product becomes less moist over time and I need to spritz some facial mist over my skin to give some moist to my skin so that it is easier to blend the cream.



Once absorbed, the cream will leave a tacky, firming-related tightness, semi-matte but moisturized finish. You will feel that you have worn a moisturizing corset on your skin. The cream has a cotton scent to it, which I love.

INGREDIENTS

Water, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Propanediol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Shea Butter, Niacinamide, Centella Asiatica Extract, Tremella Fuciformis (Mushroom) Extract, Anemarrhena Asphodeloides Root Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Beta-Glucan, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Agar, Panthenol, PEG/PPG-17/6 Copolymer, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Pentylene Glycol, Betaine, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Poly (C6-14 Olefin), Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Sodium Polyacrylate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Adenosine, Salicylic Acid, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Dimethiconol, Potassium Hydroxide, PVP, Dimethicone, Sorbitan Laurate, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Cyclomethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydroxyethyl Ethyl Cellulose, Acetyl Dipeptide-1 Cetyl Ester, Beta-Sitosterol, Cholesterol, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Linolenate, Glyceryl Linoleate, Glyceryl Arachidonate, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Ubiquinone, Caprylyl Glycol, Ceteth-24, Choleth-24, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Thioctic Acid, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols, PEG-5 Rapeseed Sterol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Riboflavin, Ceteth-3, Ceteth-5, Palmitoyl Dipeptide-5, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Ceramide 3, Phytosphingosine, Fullerenes, Biotin, Tocopherol, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine, Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance.

INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS


This cream contains loads of emollients, humectants and botanical oils. Major ingredients include macadamia oil, sunflower seed oil, lecithin, palm oil, shea butter, tremella mushroom extract, zhi mu extract, beta glucan, and panthenol. Macadamia nut oil is rich in essential fatty acids, palmitoleic acid that is very close to human sebum, giving it occlusive and emollient properties when applied topically. Macadamia oil also works well as a skin restructuring and moisturizing ingredient for mature and aging skin. Sunflower seed oil is commonly seen in a lot of skincare products, especially sunscreen. It is non-volatile oil used in skincare to repair skin’s barrier and reduce inflammation. Its linoleic acid content also makes it good for dry skin. Other ingredients are mostly emollient, natural moisturizing agents that can improve the elasticity on the skin, increase smoothness and collagen production and moisturize the skin.

Non-moisturizing stuffs like niacinamide, centella asiatica, ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate and Q10 are also added. Niacinamide is a commonly used elasticity-improving, moisturizing and dark spots reducing powerhouse. Centella asiatica is normally used to treat sun related damages and skin inflammation. Ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate is new to me. Some research reveals that this is a form of vitamin C that works as a powerful antioxidant and brightening agent to reduce acne and signs of aging. Many studies have confirmed the ingredient skin-lightening, hydrating and anti-aging effects making it a great addictive to this cream. Finally we get some real anti-aging stuffs here! And then we have the well-known coenzyme Q10 that can boost collagen production on the skin. Peptides syn-tacks and acetyl hexapeptide-8 are also added as elasticity and collagen boosting ingredients. And lastly we have tonnes of vitamins like biotin, vitamin E, vitamin B9, vitamin B6, and so on with denouncing anti-aging benefits.

And next we have fullerene, which is our star ingredient. It is basically an antioxidant that works to soothe dry, icky skin conditions. Fullerene is a powerful antioxidant that is 125 times stronger than vitamin C. Due to its potency; it is effective at getting rid of cell-damaging radicals. However, I also found studies linking topical application of fullerene to liver damage and organ toxicity. So my finding is mixed but I guess if the ingredient is indeed dangerous it wouldn’t be approved for use in Korea at the first place. But I won't be cheered because it is included here either.

I think this massive ingredients analysis has made it clear that this is indeed a potent anti-aging and skin nourishing cream backed with tonnes of botanical oils and skin-benefiting ingredients.

CONCLUSION


I really enjoy this capsule cream. Not only is it visually satisfying and fun to play with, it is also packed with loads of quality ingredients for the skin. Normally, I don't have a lot of faith on celebrity-endorsed products especially those created by the celebrities themselves. I find them overly commercialized where the quality of the product might be compromised to cover up for the marketing cost. But for this, I will agree that it is indeed a good anti-aging and moisturizing cream for aging and even younger skin. I have normal to dry skin and living in a hot climate so I don't use this everyday. I tend to use it only at night as the last step of my skincare routine. I have been using this frequently for a few weeks and have seen some improvements in my skin texture. It fills up all the dry lines in my skin caused by my poor sleeping habit, making it appears dewier the next morning I wake up. It also makes my skin holds moisture for longer with continuous use. I couldn't comment about the lifting and anti-wrinkles effect unless I have something sophisticated to measure but I have seen improvements in my skin texture so I guess the results are promising. I also like how lightweight it is despite being an anti-aging and nourishing cream. Quite good, and I might consider repurchasing once I have finished using it.


About: cream
Properties: anti-wrinkles, firming, nourishing
Best suited for: dry and mature skin
May not suit: oily and acne-prone skin
Pros: improves skin texture, smell great, innovative formula, looks elegant, powerful ingredients
Cons: quite pricey, not moist enough, tacky finish

packaging: ★★★★
scent: ★★★★☆
texture: ★★★★
ingredients: ★★★★★
performance - nourishing: ★★★★☆ (but not hydrating or refreshing)
performance - lifting: ★★★★ (corset effect)
performance - anti-wrinkles: ★★★★☆ (diminish dry lines, rich emollient content)
general impression: ★★★★☆ (excellent as a moisturizing cream)

You can get this from: Glow Recipe | Sephora | Koreadepart | Official Website
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Product is purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...