13 Mar 2017

Althea Sent Me A Present! Haul Review: Althea Vitamin Box


Browsing through Althea Korea website has now become my new routine. I enjoy every moment of clicking through their websites, getting to know every single new launching and promotion. Just like Memebox, Althea Korea frequently comes out with value boxes with trendy and newly introduced products inside. Buyers can then buy these at much cheaper prices compared to buying them separately. The haul that I am going to talk about today is their 13th Althea Box - the "Vitamin Box".


Inside the box, there are seven vitamin-enriched products to meet your beauty requirement for the week. Althea claims that this box will boost your skin from head to toe with its nutritive vitamin contents!


Inside we got:

  1. Mizon Vita Lemon Calming Cream
  2. Petitfee Oil Blossom Lip Mask
  3. A;t Fox Gyoolpi Tea Fresh Mist
  4. Gwa II Na Ra Banana Body Cleanser
  5. The Saem Max Perfection Firming Multi Cleanser
  6. Holika Holika 3 Seconds Booster Vita Complex
  7. Let Me Skin Ultra H20 Modelling Mask
The best thing is they are all full size products! Let's start with what to use on Monday:

MONDAY: Mizon Vita Lemon Calming Cream


Achieve a radiant and youthful skin with vitamin C enriched cream





This cream smells like it is made of fresh lemon juice! It is quite unique because normal gel cream I tried isn't very hydrating but this one feels really soothing and hydrating on the skin. It feels like the lemon juice version of the Belif Aqua Bomb. The cream sinks in fairly quick into the skin leaving a moist and plump finish. A nice cream for combination, acne-prone, dehydrated and sensitive skin.

TUESDAY: Petitfee Oil Blossom Lip Mask
A soft lip makes you appear charming and amazing everyday!



This lip mask is made of sea buckthorn oil and vitamin E complex to protect and moisturize the lips. t will rejuvenate dry and chapped lips thorough the night, especially for those who put on a lot of lip makeup! If you have tried Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask, this is more solid and "less melting" compared to Laneige, but both feels equally nourishing on the lips. I will do a comparison review on both products soon!

WEDNESDAY: a;t Fox Gyoolpy Tea Fresh Water
Revitalize your skin with vitamin C mist!


This is a facial mist infused with tangerine peel extract (hence the name gyoolpy) to hydrate and refresh the skin! You can also use this as a mist toner during busy days!

THURSDAY: Gwa II Na Ra Banana Body Cleanser
Relax your body and soul with sweet banana scented therapy


This body cleanser smells like the popular Korean banana milk I bought at Korean grocery store... yummy! Normally I prefer something that smells a little more floral or earthy but this one has the kind of smell that will lighten your mood, perfect for droopy Thursday evening!

FRIDAY: The Saem Max Perfection Firming Multi Cleanser
Deep-cleanse to reveal healthier and younger skin



This is an oil-to-foam cleanser with makeup removing property. It is enriched with vitamin B and D as well as truffle extract to prevent dryness on the skin after cleansing. I only tried the Harakeke line from The Saem before, hence is a bit excited to try out their Max Perfection line! 

After using it for about 2 weeks, I must say that I am quite impressed. This foam cleanser can remove makeup even waterproof ones with light massage. It is not effective at removing lip tint though but most of the makeup remover I use doesn't really remove my lip tint thoroughly either so I am fine with that. The pH of this cleanser is also quite acceptable at about 6.5-7.0. To use, you need to pour about two 50 cents amount onto your palm and massage it on your face (it works best on slightly damp face). It takes about 30 seconds to 1 minute massage to get all the makeup completely gone from your face. You then rinse it off with water. No double cleansing is required.

I think this will be a convenient two-in-one cleanser after a long, tired week. It is also moisturizing enough and will not leave your skin dry and tight after using.

SATURDAY: Holika Holika 3 Seconds Starter Vita Complex
Boost your makeup


This vitamin C enriched skin booster smells like vitamin flavour cough syrup I drink when I was a child. Or the old lime fragrance my dad puts in his car. I think because of that, I kinda dislike the smell a lot. I am sure many people who like citrusy smell will like it but not for me.

In term of consistency, this feels like a close relative to Laneige Clear-C Advanced Effector. It is slightly viscous than water, but gets absorbed pretty easily into the skin. It will not leave any sticky residue or cause any burden to your skin. Because of its vitamin C content and light texture, this will hydrate and soften the skin, leading to easier makeup application. It will also act like a skin primer between makeup and the skin, minimizing the risk of bio-accumulation of makeup pigments and other chemicals.

This will work wonder as a skin primer or booster before makeup application. You can also use it as a first serum after cleansing to enhance better absorption of other products.

SUNDAY: Let Me Skin Ultra H20 Modelling Pack Green
Relax and revitalize your skin with vitamin modelling care!


This is the most unexpected one out of all I got. Who will expect that there will be modelling masks hidden in this big pill? It also comes with a spatula!


You take out the package with 1 and 2 labelled on it and pour them into the capsule container. Mix them for 1 minute and you will get a grey soft gel. You need to apply it immediately onto your face before the gel hardens and becomes crumble. 


Here is what I get when I took off the mask. This mask has an interesting texture. It doesn't feel like one of the rubber mask I have tried, more like a DIY agar mask. It feels very cooling and hydrating on the skin. It doesn't really deep-cleanse my pores but it will remove some impurities on my skin surface. My skin feels soft, plump and calmed after using.

Pretty cool and is suitable for all skin types!

FINAL THOUGHT?

This is a sweet and skin pampering box full of vitamin-enriched goodies for your skin Monday to Sunday. Among all products I have tried, my favourite is The Saem Max Perfection Multi Cleanser which saves an extra cleansing step for my evening routine. Mizon Lemon Cream is a nice hydrating gel as well which I enjoy using during the day but I find it a bit insufficient for the night. I will also apply a thick layer and wash it off after 15 minutes when I am exposed to the sun. Normally the cream will be almost fully absorbed by my sponge-like skin after 15 minutes. My skin will then stay hydrated thorough the evening and I will only need an extra layer of sleeping mask before going to bed that day. In short, I really enjoy every single products in this Althea Box and I want to thank Althea for sending me such a wonderful beauty box. It makes my day!


You can purchase this from: Althea Korea
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are provided by Althea Korea but all reviews are my unbiased opinions on the products. All copy right of contents and images in this article is therefore strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...