5 Jan 2017

Sheet Mask Review Episode 7: October, November, and December 2016 Facial Mask Collection


I don't use a lot of masks near the end of 2016, and some of them are repetitive ones which is already in my previous review so I don't want to keep repeating it. Below are some of the newer mask flavours I used in the past 3 months. I hope my review will help you to pick your own and may this be a wonderful mask year ahead for you! You can check out my sheet mask 101 here!
  • Aritaum Green Tea Fresh Power Essence Mask ★★★☆
  • Chung Woo-A Real Sea Kelp Mask ☆
  • Coreana Perfect collagen 28 Days Intensive Ampoule Aqua Mask ★★★
  • Garnier Aqua Defense Hydrating Glowing Essence 2nd Skin Mask ★★
  • Goodal Cherry Blossom Revitalizing Mask ★★★★
  • Innisfree Capsule Recipe Pack - Bamboo Sleeping Mask ★★★★ 
  • Labiottee Marryeco Whitening Sheet Mask with Maylily ★★★★☆
  • Lindsay Modeling Rubber Mask #Pearl ★★
  • Naisture The Secret Brightening Mask ★★★★★
  • Nature Republic Real Nature Mask Sheet #Rose ★★★★
  • NRK Bunga Raya Snow White Ice-Cooling Mask ★★★☆
  • Sally's Box Secret Garden Olive Oil Ampoule Mask ★★★★★
  • Tosowoong Pure Propolis Mask ★★


Aritaum Green Tea Fresh Power Essence Mask


I talked about Aritaum a lot in my past review. Basically, it is an affordable, high-quality and standard Korean sheet mask. Each costs about 1,000 won with papery thin sheet material and non-sticky essence or serum. This green tea is a delightful flavour among all, with skin soothing and moisturizing properties. Green tea is also a great antioxidant against aging damage and stressors. My skin is plumper, softer and hydrated after using. Not toooooo impressive, but good enough for the price.

packaging: ★★★
scent: ★★★☆
material: ★★★
wear: ★★★
finish: ★★★★
repurchasing? quite good, would repurchase!

Chung Woo-A Real Sea Kelp Mask



Despite the rave around mask using real sea kelp as material, this Chung Woo-A Sea Kelp Mask is, in my opinion, more disgusting than having snail slime directly slapped on my face. The mask has a watery but slightly slippery essence that is wet out of the pocket. It takes a long time to dry on the skin and smells terrible while on the skin. The mask is also not fitting as well, falling here and there so I need to lay down on the bed to stop the mask from sliding off my face. Despite its moisturizing claim, I don't see any long-term or immediate benefits from this mask. Maybe the horrible experience biases my verdict... oh well. Despite my disappointment for the mask, it is still instilled with some decent ingredients like aloe vera, honey, green tea, lavender, algae, marine ingredients and so on. Basically things you will see in masks serving skin moisturizing, soothing and calming purposes. Given its disgusting application and scent, decent-but-unimpressive ingredients and a lack of impressive performance, I think I wouldn't repurchase it in the future after I finished off the rest.

packaging: ★
scent: ☆
material: ☆
wear: ☆
ingredients: ★★★☆
finish: ★
repurchasing? feels disgusting, smell horrible, unimpressive ingredients and performance, NO.

Coreana Perfect collagen 28 Days Intensive Ampoule Aqua Mask



This is my mom's favourite. She said it has made her skin super soft and smooth, with wrinkles less obvious and fine lines smoothed. Regardless, did not notice the same effect when I had it on mine. I also don't like how it smells like it has some kind of hormones inside, something only anti-aging cosmetics smell like. But I can't deny that it is a really moisturizing mask with quality ingredients like collagen, morus alba twig extract, ginseng, allantoin, morinda citrifolia fruit extract and so on. But it has some colouring agents inside which gives it the brown colour that I am not so comfortable with hence I don't think I want to repurchase anymore.

packaging: ★★
scent: 
material: ★★
wear: ★★★
ingredients: ★★★☆
finish: ★★★
repurchasing? no, I don't see amazing effects and the scent is unpleasant for me

Garnier Aqua Defense Hydrating Glowing Essence 2nd Skin Mask





I got this as a gift with purchase from purchasing Garnier cleansing water. Turned out, this is going to expire really soon so I had to use it quick. The mask comes in a cotton sheet with mask for the neck area as well. Did not notice any lifting effects as the mask uses inelastic cotton material and does not fit each inch of the skin perfectly either. The skin is slightly plump, hydrated and cooled but I did not see any increase in radiance or overall health of my skin. An average mask for average purpose. The ingredients are also pretty decent. It doesn't contain any alarming ingredients, but the extracts are the normal green tea, kiwi, hyaluronic acid and urea commonly seen in a lot of masks. And I don't quite fancy masks using methyparaben since most masks uses phenoxyethanol as a milder form of preservative nowadays. Hence, not a repurchase for me.

packaging: ★
scent: ★★
material: ★★
wear: ★★
ingredients: ★★
finish: ★★
repurchasing? quite ordinary

Goodal Cherry Blossom Revitalizing Mask



I rarely see cotton sheet in Korean masks nowadays, Goodal is one exception. But I'm not surprised though, since Goodal claims to use natural and more environmental-friendly ingredients (or is it Innisfree). The mask comes in a milky essence that feels like light emulsion on the skin. It gets absorbed completely without leaving any stickiness. Ingredients-wise, this mask contains shea butter, squalane, allantoin, arginine, argan oil, prune flower extract, green tea seed oil, sunflower seed oil and so on essential oils with moisturizing, nourishing and anti-oxidizing effects. I think dry skin people will benefit the most from it but not oily skin or acne-prone skin. This is not a brightening mask, just a mask uses quality oil and emollients to give a soft glow on the skin. It has more moisturizing and anti-aging benefits though.

packaging: ★★★
scent: ★★★★
material: ★★★☆
wear: ★★★
ingredients: ★★★★
finish: ★★★★
repurchasing? it gives a soft glow on my skin and the mask feels kinda good on my mask. Will repurchase!

Innisfree Capsule Recipe Pack - Bamboo Sleeping Mask


I love how Innisfree has reformulated their capsule recipe packs to make it more user-friendly and re-usable. A pack of this can last me a good 5-6 times if I use a pearl-size amount everytime. I like to use this as a sleeping mask, soothing gel or a gel cream. It has a soft, oil-free texture that feels really refreshing, hydrating and cooling on the skin. I think Innisfree has a big bottle of this sleeping pack that retails for about RM 50-60 but I am good with this capsule packs since it means I can use more flavours each time and each one can last longer. This will work really well for oily skin too!

packaging: ★★★
scent: ★★★
material: ★★★
wear: ★★★
finish: ★★★★
repurchasing? yup definitely!

Labiottee Marryeco Whitening Sheet Mask with Maylily



I am pleasantly surprised by Labiottee masks! Not only does it look pretty, the mask itself has quality ingredients, nice materials and works well on the skin as well! It comes in a thin, good-fitting cotton pulp with milky essence. The mask claims to brighten and moisturize your skin with its relaxing formula. I think it makes sense because the mask smells divine with its woody and earthy plant scent. Unless if you don't like the scent of course. Ingredients-wise, we have niacinamide, maylily extract, archillea millefolium, arnica montana flower, and so on brightening and anti-oxidizing ingredients. I do notice that my skin has more radiant in it and also plumper and more moisturized after using. The effect is not very long-lasting but I like how soft it makes my skin. It is similar to Mamonde Rose Moisturizing Mask though which I like better.

packaging: ★★★
scent: ★★★★
material: ★★★
wear: ★★★
ingredients: ★★★★
finish: ★★★★
repurchasing? very likely!

Lindsay Modeling Rubber Mask #Pearl


Despite my success with the lavender one, I have poor luck with this. I think I put too much water in it (although I just add up to the "water line" as instructed) which causes it to become too wet to form shape on my face. It doesn't get dry, nor does it easy to be removed after 15 to even 30 minutes. Urgh... what else can I say? I don't notice anything great. I just don't get along well with it!

packaging: ★★
scent: ★★★
material: ☆
wear: ☆
ingredients: ★★★
finish: ☆
repurchasing? I will try another one to make further judgement.

Naisture The Secret Brightening Mask



I bought this at AEON Wellness at 2 for RM 10. Never thought it would work so well for my skin. The sheet mask is also in a unique hydrogel material that brightens, hydrates and protects the skin. It contains a spoonful of watery, non-viscous and clear essence that feels kinda cooling, fresh and soft on the skin. My skin is left plump and moist without any stickiness. I did not notice a lot of brightening effects but since it is very moisturizing it has somehow toned up my skin, giving it healthy glow. And I am pleased with the simple but effective ingredients inside with rice extract, rose flower, orange extract and so on brightening and moisturizing stuffs, without any harmful materials. Loving it!

packaging: ★★★
scent: ★★★
material: ★★★
wear: ★★★
ingredients: ★★★★
finish: ★★★★
repurchasing? yes if I see it again!

Nature Republic Real Nature Mask Sheet #Rose



I must admit that I bought this due to the beautiful rose packaging. I guess I wouldn't even mind using them for decoration in my room! This mask has very thin and adhesive material like most Taiwanese masks. The essence is clear and watery without leaving any sticky residues. Ingredients-wise, the mask contains rose extract, hyaluronic acid, green tea, honeysuckle flower extract, peach leaf extract and so on antioxidants and skin soothing goodies. It also has ginkgo biloba leaf which is normally a star ingredient in Aritaum mask! It is pretty standard in what it is doing, basically hydrating, soothing and refreshing in one. And the best thing is its scent. It has a pleasant floral and woody rose scent that I enjoy very much, so therapeutic and relaxing. Love!

packaging: ★★★
scent: ★★★★
material: ★★★
wear: ★★★
ingredients: ★★★★
finish: ★★★★
repurchasing? would love to in the future!

NRK Bunga Raya Snow White Ice-Cooling Mask



NRK, or Naruko masks are always above-average in term of quality, ingredients used and performance. This is not an exception as well. This mask claims to do things like hydrating, skin tone evening, calming, and soothing with its silky soft cotton sheet material. It has a watery and clear essence. Wet out of the pocket with decent drying speed like most Taiwanese sheet mask. The fitting is pretty good, adhering tight to every inch of my skin. The wear itself feels really cooling and refreshing on the skin, like putting on a menthol-made mask. It has pretty decent ingredients as well like niacinamide, urea, hibiscus flower extract, hyaluronic acid, rose oil, and so on. It does contain triethanolamine and iodopropynyl butylcarbamate but somehow it doesn't irritate my skin out so I guess maybe it is present in very small amount here. My skin looks clearer, brighter, evener and plumper after taking it off with a soft glow the next day. I am pleasantly impressed, and I think I would probably try one again in the future!

packaging: ★★★
scent: ★★★
material: ★★★
wear: ★★★☆
ingredients: ★★★☆
finish: ★★★★
repurchasing? maybe yes.

Sally's Box Secret Garden Olive Oil Ampoule Mask



I am pleasantly surprised by how well this Sally's Box mask moisturizes, drenches and hydrates my skin without leaving any greasiness, stickiness and heaviness. It comes in a cotton sheet soaked with milky essence that feels really soothing and fresh on the skin. Ingredients-wise, it contains olive, panthenol (B5), allantoin, cactus extract, rosemary leaf extract, peppermint, lavender extract, chamomile flower, green tea, poeny flower extract and so on antioxidants-rich and skin soothing and moisturizing goodies. The serum (the first-step) is also a really moisturizing and soothing essence-type serum that feels hydrating with fast-absorption on the skin. Big thumb up! Wake up with polished and clearer skin the next morning.

packaging: ★★★
scent: ★★★
material: ★★
wear: ★★★
ingredients: ★★★★☆
finish: ★★★★
repurchasing? yes especially if it is on sales!

Tosowoong Pure Propolis Mask


Another Tosowoong mask that is really popular on the internet but turns out to be quite ordinary for me. In fact, I have no idea why these Tosowoong masks are so popular despite its twice more expensive prices compared to normal Korean sheet mask. The mask itself is quite adhesive, thin and wet, but nothing about it really does anything amazing for my skin. My skin is somewhat moisturized and soft after using, but I did not notice any firming, brightening or lifting effects whatsoever. And I seriously can't stand its strong fragrance. Not a repurchase for me.

packaging: ★★
scent: ☆
material: ★★★
wear: ★★★
finish: ★★★
repurchasing? nothing special, and the scent is too overwhelming hence will not repurchase


[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...