7 Nov 2016

Review: Primary Raw DoYouganic Cleansing Soap


Do you guys eat tofu or enjoy drinking soy milk? If you do, then you'll probably love this new brand from Korea that utilizes doyou, or soy milk in their products.


I've got several products from the brand myself, namely the DoYouganic Cleansing Soap, Soy Milk Azulene Gel Cream and Soy Milk Facial Cream. But since I finished the Cleansing Soap the earliest, I wanted to talk about it first.



Primary Raw DoYouganic Cleansing Soap is a gentle, SLS-free foam cleanser that is suitable for most skin types especially sensitive skin. The product comes in 50ml, unlike 150ml for most foam cleanser and is only good for about a month. 


At KRW 9,000 (USD 9, RM 42 Malaysia official retail price), this is considered a pricey product. Fortunately, they also come out with a 500ml version retailed for KRW 49,900 which you could definitely consider if you have tried and really like this cleanser.


There isn't much English description printed on the packaging, only the ingredients list. But official site claims that this is a cleansing soap made of organic sweet almond oil, sunflower seed oil and fermented soy bean extract to soften, gently exfoliate, cleanse and moisturize the skin.


[CosDNA AnalysisPotassium Cocoate, Water, Glycerin, Potassium Olivate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Tocopheryl Acetate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Leaf Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Lonicera Japonica (honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Zanthoxylum Piperitun Fruit Extract, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Lactobacillus/Glycine Soja (soybean) Seed Extract, Natto Gum

INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS

Like I said, I normally don’t go into too much detail about ingredients inside a cleanser. I don’t want to waste too much of my time on things that I will wash off the drain, and most cleansers are more or less the same. But… this one is quite different. It uses extremely gentle surfactant (those underlined) derived from coconut and olive oil. CosDNA analysis shows a positive “1” for ingredients safeness which I almost never seen in other cleansers.

This cleanser eliminates anything and everything unnecessary, leaving only the skin-benefiting organic plant oils and botanical extracts. Main ingredients are sunflower seed oil, sweet almond oil, papaya leaf extract, soybean seed extract, honeysuckle flower extract, black bean extract and fermented soybean extract.

Sunflower seed oil and sweet almond oil are powerful antioxidants also used as an emollient in skincare. They are rich source of fatty acids and vitamins to nourish, repair and protect the skin from environmental aggressors. Papaya, soybean and honeysuckle are known for their gentle exfoliating and anti-inflammatory properties. They can help to improve skin texture over time and even fade acne scars and dark spots.

I must say that I'm completely amazed by the quality of its ingredients. No harsh preservatives are used, making this a perfect candidate for sensitive skin people with eczema and flakiness issue.


Actually I had a pretty good first impression on this product. It is by far the gentlest foam cleanser I've ever used. It is not as moisturizing as my holy grail Belif Creamy Cleanser Moist or my new favourite Kose Sekkisei Liquid Wash, but some quality inside this cleanser makes me continue using it.


As you can see, the Cleansing Soap forms a rich but soft bubbles that settles on the skin with some white residues on it, which tells us that this contains a good load of organic oils.


I have watched this product demo from Glow Recipe which claims that this can remove makeup with its high concentration of oils, but my experience with it tells a different story.

 

As you can see, these are freshly applied makeup and I have tried my best rubbing them to aid in the removing process... and yet they remain stubbornly on my skin. I tried this on my sunscreen and found that this can remove normal sunscreen but not the waterproof ones. In short, this CANNOT remove makeup.

CONCLUSION

As shared previously, I have strong skin barrier so cleanser pH normally doesn't matter. For the same reason, I might not give this hypoallergenic DoYouganic Cleansing Soap the credit it deserves.

Although my first impression on this product was really good, but my love for it gradually decreased overtime. I no longer feel the excitement of having a super gentle and nourishing cleansing experience. I find it less appealing than my Belif Creamy Cleanser Moist and Kose Sekkisei Liquid Wash for some reason. And most importantly, I cannot convince myself to spend some KRW 9,000 (RM 33 / USD 7.87) on a foam cleanser that can only last me for about a month. Belif cleanser is RM 99, but it can last me for 6 months, so does the Kose one. 

I know some of you might ask why don't I get the 500ml version for KRW 49,900 (RM 184) which makes it equivalent to about RM 55 / 150ml excluding shipping but that would take a long time to finish before I can finally move on to trying out other cleansers.

Of course, if you ask me to give an honest opinion, I will say that this is one of the best foam cleansers (second cleanser) out there in the market, given its performance (if you omit its inability to remove makeup) and ingredients. I would definitely recommend this to everyone as it is so gentle that I think all skin types will find a niche in it. 

But as for whether or not I will repurchase, I think I might not in the recent future. I might if they upgrade the packaging to come out with a 150ml one, but I won't spend KRW 9,000 on a 50ml bottle or buy a 500ml one that might sit there in my bathroom for over a year. Its lack of strong preservative also makes me a little worry that it might deteriorate before it expires like the Re:cipe Slowganic Lemon Cleanser.


About: foam cleanser, first cleanser
Purpose: foam cleanser after a cleansing water or oil
Best suited for: all skin types especially sensitive and dry skin
May not suit: individuals with tight budget on cleanser/skincare

packaging: ★★★★★
scent: ★★★☆
texture: ★★★★★
ingredients: ★★★★★
efficacy: ★★★★☆
overall impression: ★★★★☆ (excellent cleanser that I might repurchase in the future)

[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...