9 Nov 2016

Review: Namu Life Snail White Cream


If you read my previous review on the Secret Key Black Snail Cream, you'll probably realize that I have this tendency to spend on things I might not need or enjoy simply because some vlogger recommended it somewhere else on the internet. Well, a lot of us probably do that, sometimes you get lucky sometimes not. Today I shall talk about a really popular product raved all over the internet that turns out to be super funky for me. It teaches me a lesson that popularity sometimes turns us blinded.




I guess you guys have probably heard of snail products. These gooey slime our cute snaily produces are said to have amazing healing and moisturizing effects on the skin. My favourite It's Skin Prestige Creme D'escargot is a good example of amazing product made of snail secretion filtrate . Brands like Tony Moly, It's Skin, Nature Republic, Secret Key, and Scinic all have well-developed skincare range made entirely of snail extract.

In Thailand, where whitening product is a big hit, company like Namu Life is smart enough to combine snail with whitening properties to come out with a Snail White Cream. And it sells big.


Officially, Namu Life Snail White Cream claims to be a moisturizing, anti-aging and brightening facial cream formulated with snail secretion filtrate. But if you pay close attention to its packaging, most of its claims printed on the box are skincare benefits often associated with snail extract. Regeneration, repairing, renew, restore, and recovery. All these can be achieved with proper exfoliating and moisturizing. All my treatment essence can do that, so it is not uniquely Snail White.

this product has a big plus - its super hygienic and convenient dispenser
The ingredients are also not super amazing either, but definitely above average. They can be grouped into four main categories: moisturizing, anti-aging, brightening and soothing. Panthenol, shea butter, sodium PCA, and hyaluronic acid are great humectants and water-binders to moisturize and hydrate the skin. And then we have snail extract, niacinamide, raspberry leaf extract, strawberry leaf extract, ginger root extract, and ginseng root extract. For brightening we have niacinamide, black mulberry, and strawberry extracts. Soothing ingredients with anti-acne effects like centella asiatica, sweet cherry, bisabolol, and french lavender are also added. Overall, it seems pretty convincing that this is a all-in-one powerhouse catering individuals in their 20-30s looking for a snail goody with brightening and anti-aging effects [CosDNA Analysis].



This product has a rather easily absorbed and silky texture despite looking pretty slimy. It also doesn't leave any trace on the skin after it's fully absorbed. What I really dislike about it is the scent. It smells like plastic, or your rubber eraser to be precise. I appreciate that this doesn't have any added fragrance but it would be hard for me to slather plastic-smelling stuff on my face, when my other creams have more pleasant and attractive scent, OK?



CONCLUSION

So, let's go back to the part on why I dislike this product. After going through its texture and ingredients, this definitely sounds like a good product in its own. It has good ingredients like snail extract, niacinamide, shea butter, black mulberry, ginseng, ginger root without any really harmful ones except maybe for triethanolamine. But if there is only a little bit of triethanolamine in here, it wouldn't cause major problems for your health either. The product is also fairly light-weighted and easily absorbed given its slimy consistency.

But... I still didn't like it and think that it is a complete waste of money. To begin with, I cannot persuade myself to put it on my face because of the smell. I have tonnes of facial cream, and most of them have awesome texture which doesn't makes this Snail White Cream unique in any way. Besides, at least 90% of my treatment essence contains niacinamide and exfoliating ingredients so I can definitely find alternative for the brightening benefits here. And most of the herbal extracts here are also available in my beloved Belif products. I also don't need more ginseng extract since I already have Sulwhasoo.

In short, if you want a facial cream that feels like essence rather than moisturizer on your skin, or if you have oilier skin, or is not a product junkee who wants an all-in-one powerhouse for your skin, then you should definitely go for this. Whether or not it worths the price (I got it for about RM 100) really depends on your skin needs and your budget.

I've tried this patiently for a few months and did not notice any improvements to my freckles. I am not sure why given its strong army of brightening goodies. Maybe I didn't use it consistently enough to notice any positive changes. My skin does look brighter, like a tone or two brighter after using, but freckles are stubborn as usual. This is not very moisturizing so I either apply a really hydrating essence before using this Snail White Cream or put a thin layer of moisturizing cream after.

Like I said, I dislike it, but the decision is really personally so you should use your own judgement on whether or not you want to give it a try.


About: cream, serum-in-moisturizer
Purpose: anti-aging, rejuvenating, brightening, moisturizing
Best suited for: those in their 20-30s looking for light-weighted, all-in-one, treatment-in-moisturizer product that delay aging and brighten up skin tone; sensitive skin looking for brightening cream
May not suit: anyone who dislike plastic-smelling cosmetics

packaging: ★★★★☆
scent: ☆
texture: ★★★★
ingredients: ★★★★☆
efficacy: ★★
overall impression: ★★☆ (doesn't live up to my expectation)

You can get this from: Snail White Malaysia | Caring Malaysia | Hermo | Beauty Stall
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...