21 Nov 2016

Review: Lirikos Marine+ Mineral Toner and My Thoughts on Lirikos Marine+ and Marine Energy line



Do you enjoy cocktail? But how about having one for your skin? Would you still be interested or completely turned off by the idea? Let's look at the cocktail we're gonna have for our skin today - Lirikos Marine+ Mineral Toner.

Actually, this line has been discontinued when I bought this Mineral Toner from Gmarket. They replace it with an entirely new brand called Lirikos Marine Energy instead of Marine Plus. I bought something from the new Marine Energy line as well but I want to talk about the Marine Plus Mineral Toner first.




Basically, just like the core Lirikos line (marine+ is considered a sub-line), the Marine+ Mineral Toner is made of marine ingredients like seawater and sea algae extract as well as some non-marine but nutritive botanical extracts like sunflower seed oil, olive oil, lotus flower, prune and so on. You can access the full ingredients list here. I translated it from Korean to English based on the information I found on the box. 

As you can see, a vast majority of the ingredients are very safe on your skin. Individuals sensitive to alcohol might be concerned by the presence of alcohol in here. In fact, I do find this smell and feel rather alcohol and strong on my skin like the Kose Sekkisei Lotion so sensitive skin might need to patch test before trying.


The unique thing about this Mineral Toner is that it is a cocktail toner made of three layers. It attempts to put together oil and water with a medium in between. The antioxidants oil (sunflower seed oil and olive oil) will also supply loads of moisture and nutrition while the light-weighted water hydrates and tones.



You're supposed to shake and mix it prior to applying. I would recommend applying it on a cotton pad as handling it on your bare hand might grease up the container when you touch it later - there might be oil residue on your hand.
 

The texture looks and feels completely like water. The absorption is lightning fast but it will leave a thin layer of oil (oil, not moisture) on your skin. I think those with combination/oily skin will enjoy this extra layer of protection in the winter time, but for normal skin living in a hot climate? It is just weird.


it has the right pH for your skin after cleansing

The conclusion is... I was not impressed. To be honest, I was really excited about this Toner when I found out about it from Hover. I used to be pretty obsessed with this Youtuber and wanted to try out every single stuff she used. And this is also why I choose to buy this Toner after the line was discontinued. It is pretty pricey at 25,000 won for only 100ml, and would finish up pretty fast. Its texture is also not impressive and even disappointing given that I can still find some oil residue on my skin after patting the toner for absorption. Apart from the alcohol-induced refreshing sensation, my skin isn't any hydrated or soft after using it. In short, not something I enjoy using and would repurchasing (if I can repurchase).

But, why did I choose to spend my time writing this review then?

It has to do with the renewed Lirikos Marine Energy line.


I was pretty excited about the line when it was just launched. They marketed the Hydrating Pulse Energy Ampoule pretty well which kinda convinced me that this would be something as good as the Lirikos Marine Oxygenic Essence and Laneige Water Bank Essence EX. 



Unfortunately, this comes as a vast disappointment as well. It is heavily fragranced with a rather sticky but still pretty easy absorbing texture that I personally do not appreciate. I don't find it hydrating, soothing or moisturizing after using it for about 3 months. I guess oily and younger skin might this better but definitely not drier skin. And the scent kinda gives me migraines as well.

FINAL THOUGHT

After trying out both the Lirikos Marine Plus and Marine Energy line, I must say that I will never ever get anything from this sub- or sister-line of Lirikos in the future. They are by no means comparable to Lirikos. They are heavily fragranced with unimpressive texture. Both products - the "Cocktail Toner" Lirikos Marine+ Mineral Toner and the Lirikos Marine Energy Hydrating Pulse Ampoule are the star products of the Lirikos Marine line. But they were soooo meh. Younger skin might enjoy this better but for someone who is in my late 20s, these were something I would consider a waste of my skin time and money.

In short, this is a warning. I'm writing this review to warn any of you who hate heavily fragranced stuff or those who are in their late 20s and above to stop wasting your time on Lirikos Marine line. If you are curious, just go ahead for Lirikos. They have better quality and more tolerable scent.


Lirikos Marine+ Mineral Toner
packaging: ★★★
scent: 
texture: ★★
ingredients: ★★★
efficacy: ★★ (maybe alcohol-induced refreshing, but not hydrating or toning)
overall impression: ★★ (below my expectation; no motivation to finish it)

Lirikos Marine Energy Hydrating Pulse Ampoule
packaging: 
scent: ★
texture: 
ingredients: N/A
efficacy: ★★ (not hydrating enough)
overall impression: ★★★ (pretty meh... wouldn't repurchase)

You can get this from: Ebay | 11street | Gmarket
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...