8 Nov 2016

Review: Innisfree Jeju Lava Seawater Essence

Have you ever fantasizing about sitting on the beach the whole day, doing nothing but listening to the sound of waves hitting the shore? Or dreaming of turning into a fish, swimming freely between rocks and sands to feel the ocean? If you do, then you'll probably enjoy this essence made of lava seawater from the prestige Jeju Island.


Said to be made of lava seawater that only exists in two places on earth - Jeju Island and Hawaii, this Essence sounds like a hydrating elixir for me! At least it contains those precious lava seawater that I cannot possibly find in any other skincare (not that I know of) or places nearby (maybe I will visit the Jeju Island one day)!


Innisfree claims that its Jeju Lava Seawater is made of lava seawater collected from the porous basalt of Jeju Island. If you read the history of the Jeju Island, or Jejudo, it is a volcanic island formed approximately 2 million years ago from volcanic eruptions. Prolonged weathering and erosion due to volcanic activities over the thousands of years gave us the beautiful Jeju Island we have today. Its lava and basalt settlement also produces seawater that is said to have hydrating and rejuvenating properties through its unique centuries old of filtration process.

how beautiful! image courtesy

Since I am not a scientist nor a chemist, I don't want to comment too much about the theory behind this claim. You can look it up if you are interested to know more! But like I said previously, I am completely sold on the idea of pampering my skin with the precious seawater from one of the most beautiful Islands in the world filtered by the most natural filters you can possibly find on earth.


Innisfree Jeju Lava Seawater Essence has a neat but elegant packaging. I must say that Innisfree has improved immensely in their products design in the last two years. Not only are their products colourful, but they are also really eco-friendly, appealing and pretty. I can even use them to decorate my house if I've collected enough!


Innisfree claims that its Jeju Lava Seawater line firms up the skin by activating its three moisturizing factors (filaggrin, caspase-14 and aquaporin). If you google it up, you'll find that these are essential hydrating components to give healthy skin glow.


I love its packaging! It does look like a hydrating potion. And it is so light that I can carry it around with me everywhere. I even think it looks prettier than the Laneige Water Bank Essence EX!


The best part about this Essence is its texture. It is so light-weighted that spreads like watery toner on your skin, yet carries enough moisture in it to remind you of an essence. It gets absorbed quickly into the skin without any stickiness or residue, leaving only a faint herbal, Innisfree-ish scent.

Ingredients AnalysisFull Ingredients List

INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS

I'm pleased to know that there is a whopping 84.5% of seawater in here. Although I can't find a lot of scientific journals backing efficacy of topical application of seawater on skin, but beauty articles do suggest exfoliating, anti-inflammatory, wound-healing, anti-acne and moisturizing effects from salt water (reference 1,2). On top of that, our Innisfree experts also disclose skin rejuvenating and hydrating properties of the Jeju lava seawater that always has its pH level and temperature at constant due to the unique climate of the Jeju Island.

Other delicious ingredients include squalane, tangerine peel extract, orchid extract, green tea extract, camellia extract, cactus extract, yarrow extract, and adenosine, all of which are ingredients commonly found in Innisfree products. The combination makes it perfect for anti-aging, brightening, anti-oxidizing, moisturizing, firming and soothing purposes. CosDNA analysis also did not flag anything unconventional or is particularly irritating or acne-causing. Seems that this is a pretty well-made seawater essence.

CONCLUSION


After Green Tea Seed Serum, Jeju Sparkling Mineral Essence and Soybean Energy Essence, I must say that Innisfree has indeed come up with a new skin treatment that is worth raving about. This will be in my repurchase list after I've finished with it. In fact, I'm almost 50% down the bottle now. With something so light-weighted, you'll be pleasantly surprised by how well it can hydrate, boost and plump your skin. I cannot comment too much on its skin rejuvenating and wrinkles care claim since I don't have a machine to test these factors that cannot be observed by naked eyes. However, I do feel that my skin is getting clearer and healthier with continuous use. I don't think this will work best for those already with wrinkles and serious aging problem but this should be a great preventive elixir against premature aging and oxidation.

Love, love, love.


About: skin treatment, essence
Purpose: hydrating, anti-oxidizing, anti-aging
Best suited for: those in their 20-30s seeking for a light-weighted hydrating essence with anti-aging properties
May not suit: dry to very dry skin

packaging: ★★★★☆
scent: ★★★★☆
texture: ★★★★★
ingredients: ★★★★☆
efficacy: ★★★★
overall impression: ★★★★☆ (excellent and will definitely repurchase!)

You can get this from: Innisfree Malaysia | Hermo | Althea Korea
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...