6 Sep 2016

Review: The Saem Healing Tea Garden Green Tea Cleansing Water


I think I have been a little generous on cleansing water recently. I just bought the Etude House Real Art No-Wash Cleansing Water and is still on the verge of finishing it but somehow couldn't stop myself from getting this little one when I saw it up on Althea.

Of course, to makeup for the free shipping deal is one reason, but most comes from my infinite desire to get a hand on every new products I am interesting in trying. This cleansing water from The Saem is unfortunately one of them.

Priced at KRW 5,000 for 300ml, I can dare say that this is by far one of the cheapest, if not the cheapest cleansing water out there in the Korean market. And given my pleasant experience with its harakeke line, I am curious to find out more about this product. Is it as good as its price? Or would it totally change my mind on the brand? Let's find out more below!



This Healing Tea Garden Green Tea Cleansing Water has a long and rather beautiful name. It reminds me of tea party of Alice in the Wonderful Land although I think the bottle requires more effort in designing. It is made of plastic, nothing extraordinary and I would say even a little bit too simple. This is not something I would pick up from the shelf not knowing what it is.

This is a water-based makeup remover, or micellar cleansing water with oil-attracting ends to trap dust and dirt and a water-attracting tails to be easily rinsed off by water. It claims to provide a soft and gentle cleansing experience without stripping off the skin's natural moisture barrier.


The texture of this cleansing water is similar to most other ones I've tried. It is just water. Maybe a little less refreshing and hydrating than Etude House and Nature Republic, and a little bit less greasy than Innisfree. This also doesn't have any distinctive scent. I guess unless if you accidentally taste it (it tastes bitter), you wouldn't suspect if someone tells you that this is a mineral water or some sort.


INGREDIENTS

Water, Dipropylene Glycol, PEG-7 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Water (100ppm), Opuntia Ficus-Indica, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Sciadopitys Verticillata Root Extract, Hovenia Dulcis Fruit Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tropolone 

INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS

The ingredients are indeed clean but simple for the price. Apart from water and dipropylene glycol, we have two major cleansing agents, namely PEG-7 caprylic/capric glycerides and PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate. Both are surfactants commonly used in most other cleansing waters especially PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate. However, since they are rated 4-6 on CosDNA safety assessment, it may not be a great idea to leave them on your face for too long. Normally I would rinse them off with plain water before using a foam cleanser, or wipe them with drinking water on a cotton pad if I am in my office. This definitely doesn't feel like a toner where you can leave on and be ready to go.

Just like Etude House Real Art Cleansing Water, this has a handful of plant extracts like green tea, lavender, jasmine flower, Japanese raisin tree, pigweed, fig, mandarin, rosemary and so on. These extracts give an overall good soothing, anti-oxidizing and moisturizing effects. Some of these extracts have firming, skin-brightening and acne-calming effects as well but those are not the keys here. Anyhow, it is still good to have some skincare goodies. Can I say I am pleased with what I see here?

CLEANSING POWER

soak the cleansing water in a cotton pad and then wipe across
some lip tint and waterproof eyeliners are too stubborn to be wiped off

I also use this on my used skincare or miniature containers to remove those usually stubborn foundation / skincare residues and makeup leftover. And it works quite well!

CONCLUSION

In short, an affordable, simple, gentle and effective cleansing water for all skin types. There is no vow factor here, except maybe for the price, so don't expect anything too extraordinary from this cleansing water. However, if you are a student, or an adult who is unwilling to spend a lot of your cleansing water, then this should be an attractive option for you.

Those who use sunscreen only on a daily basis will find this more than enough to clean up dirt and residues on your face. If you apply light makeup and use a points-makeup remover specifically for your eyes and lips, then this will work equally fine. However, if you are a heavy makeup person then maybe you should opt for a cleansing oil instead of cleansing water.

If you are looking for a more hydrating, refreshing or even sebum-controlling cleansing experience, then maybe Innisfree, Nature Republic and Etude House I've reviewed previously would be of better choices for you.

As for me, I am an adventurous user so I guess my journey won't end here. This cleansing water is pleasant to use but too ordinary to make a remembrance. I think I would still go back to my holy grail Nature Republic one after I've run out of new options to try. However, I do recommend this to anyone who is more budget-conscious or is less willing to spend a fortune on a cleansing water meant to be washed off! Good luck cleansing!


About: cleansing water, first step in evening cleansing step
Purpose: gentle and hydrating sunscreen-removing, light makeup removing
Best suited for: all skin types including sensitive and oily skin
Makeup Removing? Yes!
Hydrating? Somewhat!
Refreshing? Not quite!
Cleansing Power? Average!

packaging: ★☆
scent: ★★☆
texture: ★★★
ingredients: ★★★★
efficacy: ★★★☆
overall impression: ★★★ (meh; neither good or bad)


[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...