18 Aug 2016

My 2016 Summer Skincare Routine

Malaysia is a year-long summer country with only rainy and sunny days. But since a lot of countries are in their summer now, I thought it would be good to share my skincare routine for someone living in a summer country like Malaysia. This is also my first skincare routine episode having blogged for some 2 years. I hope you like today's post and find it helpful in a way in building your own.

My Skin Type: normal/combination with oily nose wings and drier foreheads
My Weather: hot, humid with monsoon rains
My Skin Concerns: freckles, sun spots, under-eyes fine lines


MORNING

Step 1: Cleanse


Morning cleansing is usually pretty simple for me. I prefer using something gentle, moisturizing, non-stripping and convenient. I don't believe in any fancy water temperature, or any troublesome rituals. I just head to the washroom, brush my teeth, rubs some cleanser onto my face and be ready to get dressed.

I normally use two cleansers in the morning, alternatively:

Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera Cleansing Gel Foam
This is a gentle, non-stripping gel-to-foam cleanser with a pH around 6.0. I personally have strong skin barrier and high pH cleanser does not bother me but I am pretty sure a lot of people are getting aware of their cleanser's pH so I am also including it here for your reference. This cleanser is pretty cheap, at only US$ 3.50 or so at Koreadepart so it is not only a great soothing and moisturizing foam cleanser for drier skin types but is also extremely budget-friendly!

Primera Natural Rich Cleansing Foam
This is a new foam cleanser I am testing recently which I just bought a full size bottle of it. This cleanser is less moisturizing than the Nature Republic one, but it gives a cleaner cleansing experience which I think is great for oilier skin type in the summer season! Detailed review is coming soon!


Step 2: Tone

I want to keep my skincare routine as simple as possible in the morning because I will always touch up during lunch time anyway. Normally, I follow the basic rule here: cleansing, toning, treating, moisturizing and sun protecting. Sometimes I will even skip the treating step if I am in a hurry.

Toners I use are:

Belif Witch Hazel Herbal Extract Toner
This is a very moisturizing yet non-greasy, non-heavy and non-sticky toner. It is just amazing how Belif manages to come out with something so moisturizing yet light on the skin. This feels like a lightweighted emulsion with more moisture than oil inside. This toner appears semi-pearly and feels really silky on the skin. It is not slippery. The moment you apply, you'll feel that the toner gets soaked into your skin almost like immediately and fills out all the dryness and tightness you have on your skin. This is great whenever I feel like skipping a hydrating essence and goes straight into a moisturizer.

Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner
I just started to incorporate this into my skincare routine. It smells like overcooked cucumber, definitely not very refreshing or floral. I wouldn't say I enjoy the smell but I don't hate it that much either. The toner feels really hydrating on the skin but it is actually not hydrating. I would call this am astringent which gives a tingling and tightening effects to my skin whenever I apply it. I am going to wait and say how this goes in the long run but this is definitely a Western-style toner and is a pretty interesting or new addition to my skincare routine. I have never used anything so astringent ever since my Nano White Toner.

Essence/Essence Toner I use is:

Innisfree Soybean Energy Essence
This is a treatment essence, or boosting essence to be used immediately after cleansing. I normally use this before the Belif Witch Hazel Herbal Extract Toner, but sometimes after the Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner. This has a slightly viscous but non-sticky texture, almost like snail slime but rest assure that there is no animal content in this bottle for those of you who are concerned. This leaves my skin feeling nourished, plump and healthy. I did not notice significant lifting effects, but most lifting products I use are for preventive purposes anyway since I am only in my mid-twenties. However, it is that healing, soothing, and moisturizing effects that I'm impressed here. This always leaves my skin feeling healthy, which is hard to explain but I know whenever my skin is irritated or uncomfortable this will always come in handy. During my lazy days, this is my go-to toner-essence in one as well!

Step 3: Treat

Leejiham LJH Vita Propolis Ampoule
This is not pictured here but I must say that this is an indispensable part of my summer routine. Whenever I'm having some events or outings, I will always apply 3 drops of this ampoule each on my forehead and cheeks. It will give a beautiful glow to my skin in addition to my already pretty-good-and-fair complexion. The glow is not an artificial one like you get after applying a face highlighter or luminizer, but more natural as if my skin is capturing the lights inside out. I did not notice any anti-inflammatory effects, but my mom who also uses this reports that it has calmed her redness and reduced the occurrence of acne on her skin.

Laneige Water Bank Essence_EX
Morning is usually the time when my skin is at its best condition so no anti-oxidizing or heavily repairing stuffs is needed here. What I want is a simple, nice and light-weighted hydration for my skin, and the Laneige Water Bank Essence serves the exact purpose of being a simple, light-weighted yet effective hydrating essence for my busy morning.

Step 4: Moisturize

Blithe Tundra Chaga Pressed Serum
I love to use this Blithe pressed serum whenever I'm thinking about skipping my treatment step. I will jump straight into this pressed serum, which appears more like a moisturizer than a serum for me and then to sunscreen. This would plump up, lift and nourish my skin in one simple step. It works amazing as a go-to essence-in-cream multitasker with additional anti-aging and lifting effects. However, it has one little weakness, which is its inability to cope with a lot of other products. Whenever I am applying more than two or three layers underneath, it will turn my entire face into a tacky war zone that I have to eventually wipe everything off for reapplication later. In short, my skin cannot breath if I layer several skincare products and then this! But if I were to wear this alone, this would be super awesome! See my full review here!

Belif Hydra Balancing Milky Moisturizer
This is the hydrating moisturizer I would opt for whenever I woke up late or feel lazy to scoop out the pressed serum (because I always use a spatula). It is a hydrating, skin balancing milky-type essence emulsion that is perfect for the morning time. I can apply my sunscreen immediately after using this because it is so light-weighted that it gets absorbed fairly quickly into my skin. Although this still does not break my general detest for milky emulsion, this I would say is a decent milky moisturizer for anyone who would like to try it out.

Step 5: Protect

Missha All-Around Safe Block Soft Finish Sun Milk SPF50+/PA+++
True to its name, this is a sun milk with silky soft and semi-matte finish. However, after several uses, I realize that this feels exactly the same as the Hada Labo Air Aqua Day Emulsion which is also really gentle on the skin that dries down matte. Since I was opting for a more moisturizing type of sunscreen, this doesn't live up to my expectation. It's indeed light-weighted, but not refreshing and moisturizing for my normal to dry skin. You can see my detailed review here.

Shiseido Senka Mineral Water UV Gel SPF 50+/PA+++
This Senka is another sunscreen I have high expectation on, in the hope of finding something like my beloved sunscreen AMPM UV Lotion or my first runner-up Biore Aqua Rich Watery Essence, but unfortunately this is nothing like them. In fact, it feels very much like the Hada Labo Air Aqua one, or the Missha Sun Milk which is considerably gentle on the skin but does nothing else more than that. I even like this less than the Hada Labo one as the texture of this particular one feels like some kind of cheap plasticky emulsion. I haven't finished this so I'll not sign this off yet but so far I am pretty sure that I wouldn't repurchase it.

Mamonde Water Drop Sun Jelly SPF30/PA++
I am attracted to the label “water drop” here, since I am easily sold by sunscreen that claims to be light-weighted and moisturizing at the same time. True to its name, this Mamonde one is indeed light-weighted yet highly moisturizing. It feels like a light gel cream on the skin, almost feathery light when you blend it out on your skin. The weakness, however, is the medium sun protection it offers, at SPA30 and PA++, which means that I need to avoid big sun and reapply every 3-4 hours, which may not be super convenient for most people especially in the hot summer. Besides, despite being highly moisturizing, this is not as refreshing as the Biore, Hadalabo, AMPM and my recent bae Kose. So I guess this will not be my repurchase after I’ve finished the bottle. It is definitely a great sunscreen though for anyone who’s interested.

Primera Skin Relief UV Protector SPF50/PA+++
This is the only sunscreen under Primera, a brand that I have a lot of love for, so naturally I also picked this up during my last Primera haul. The texture of this product is really nice; it is creamy but not overly occlusive. It does give some white cast though, since it contains a good amount of physical filters that protect you against the harmful UVA which causes aging and hyperpigmentation. Although the texture is not heavy, it is not light enough for Malaysian weather though. I think this would work best for drier skin during the winter month but definitely not ideal for hot summer season. It still leaves my skin greasy whenever I am applying 1/4 tablespoon or it so I am not looking forward to repurchasing it after I finished even though I personally think that it is a great sunscreen. Please see my full review here.

Innisfree Eco safety Daily Sunblock SPF35/PA++
I know I have a lot of sunscreens. After all, sunscreens are stuffs I finish the fastest compared to other skincare items. Normal usages (i.e. applying 1/4 tablespoon) of a sunsreen of 50ml wouldn't last me any longer than 2 months. Anyhow, this Innisfree eco safety daily sunblock is a new addition to my skincare routine. It contains both chemical and physical filters, is mild, pretty moisturizing and doesn't look heavy from the official swatch. However, after trying it for several times I feel that this is still not light weighted enough. It has a rather sandy or papery texture which makes it feels like the physical filters are not emulsified well enough in the mixture. Applying it all over my face would feel too greasy so I only apply it on top of lighter sunscreen I layer underneath. I will be back with a detailed review soon.

Kose Sekkisei Sun Protect Essence Gel SPF50+/PA++++
Here comes my final piece of sun product - the Kose Sekkisei Sun Protect Essence gel with a decent SPF and PA. I'm highly impressed by how light this sun gel actually is and how refreshing it feels. I guess Japanese does make wonderful sunscreen. Besides, Kose is known for its Lotion enriched with antioxidants and herbal extracts with whitening and moisturizing benefits so I feel like I am enjoying the benefits of its Lotion while getting a lot of sun protection at the same time!!! Holy grail status thus far! Check out my full review here!

AFTERNOON

My skin gets oily around lunch time for some reasons so I always need to retouch-up. This also happens whenever I'm not feeling well, is not sleeping or eating well enough or feeling stressed out, despite the fact that I have normal skin. So lunch time is always the time for some retouching to clear away the body waste it produces and supply it with nutritive and light weighted moisture.

Etude House Real Art No Wash Cleansing Water #Hydra
I don't usually wash my face during the lunch time with a foam cleanser so a cleansing water is always a convenient and effective way to clear all dirt off my skin. This Etude House one smells absolutely delicious and feels really hydrating on the skin. It has cool ingredients and is not irritating in any way, which you can see in my full review here. The downside, however, is the weird tacky and chemically layer it leaves on my skin. I always have to use a cotton pad soaked with water to wipe away any remaining residue so as my skin is free of any weird chemicals this may have. I would definitely not using this as a toner, but as a micellar water this works really well.

Etude House Mineral Bottle Facial Mist
And then I would spray and refresh my skin with a hydrating mist. This Etude House Mineral Bottle feels extremely hydrating and refreshing which is perfect for this step. However I think I wouldn't repurchase because this finishes off too fast. Like, within 5-10 uses about half of the bottle is gone. It is hard to afford repurchasing a mist that might last only 1-2 months for RM 30-40.

Innisfree Soybean Energy Essence
Again we have the Innisfree Soybean Energy Essence which works like a toner, treatment and booster all-in-one. I wouldn't say that this has done an amazing job for my skin but definitely it provides a nice comfort that keeps my skin feeling healthy at all time.

Mamonde Calendula Everyday Sun Cream SPF50+/PA+++
I just added this into my routine. This is a sun cream with unique texture like water splash. You will feel an immediate hydrating and soothing effects once you blend it out and it will leave a nice glow that transforms you into the skin Korean women have. It is just awesome!!!

Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50+/PA+++
This is one of my favourite sunscreens. I would say, my first runner-up sunscreen so far. This is extremely light-weighted, super hydrating, refreshing and moisturizing. Again, Japanese sunscreen always have great texture that offers hydration and sun protection at the same time! Love it! Super awesome sun product to have at cheap cheap prices!

EVENING



Evening is the time when skincare gets serious for me. I use a full scale layering steps here. I am not showing all products I am using since some are still in testing period, some are miniatures I use, and some are not something I use frequently enough to be called a routine product. Also, I don't use all of these every day. I use them selectively depending on my skin needs, moods and laziness of the day ^^''

Step 1: Cleanse

The Saem Healing Tea Garden Tea Tree Cleansing Water
I’m not sure is everyone doing the same – but the first thing I do when I got home is to remove every trace of dirt, pollutants and dust off my face with a cleansing water or cleansing oil if I am putting on makeup. My favourite was the Nature Republic Jeju H20 Carbonic Cleansing Water, and this The Saem one is the one I’m currently testing right now. Although it is really cheap (300ml / US$5), I still think that this is not be as nice as the Nature Republic one, so I am probably not going to repurchase this after I finished it unless of course if I am on a tight budget. If you wonder why, this smells less refreshing and springy, is not as good at removing dirt and pollutants and feels not as pleasant on the skin as the Nature Republic one.

Tosowoong Enzyme Powder Wash
This works like an exfoliator-cleanser hybrid. I do not use this everyday, maybe just twice or thrice a week depending on my mood and skin condition. The powder is not too soft, and could be a bit clumpy, but the price and the overall performance of this enzyme powder wash is still quite impressive. It leaves my skin feeling soft, clean and smooth. I also get less and less whiteheads from this product.

It's skin Prestige Foam D'escargot
I had a pretty good first impression on this product. It cleanses my skin really well, feels nice and smooth on the skin with additional repairing and healing properties. However, the full size I bought after trying out the little sample was less than impressive. For some reason, it doesn’t lather well, feels less moisturizing and nice on the skin than the miniature. I honestly wasn’t impressed, but for its price and given ingredients list I would say that this is a nicely made cleanser which I have rated a 4-stars cleanser in my previous review.

Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera Cleansing Gel Foam
Primera Natural Rich Cleansing Foam
I have talked about these two products earlier in my morning cleansing routine so I'm not gonna repeat. Basically, they are gentle and effective alternative to the It's Skin one which I use depending on my moods. The Nature Republic one smells really enticing and refreshing and is really moisturizing whereas the Primera one cleanses really well and is great for summer time!


Step 2: Actives

Asian routine tends to focus less on acids and actives such as AHA, BHA and vitamin C. These are effective and straight-forward but somehow is less common as an over-counter cosmetic products in Asia. We concentrate more on physical scrubs, proper cleansing, hydrating toner and even treatment essence more than acids and actives. However, at some point in time, I realize that these steps are as functioning as they used to be, especially for my whiteheads and blackheads around my nose area which is why I started to incorporate actives into my skin and they turn out to be really good!

Cosrx AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid
This AHA essence is suitable for individuals with drier skin, hyperpigmentation, uneven skin tone and rough skin texture. It is not a treatment essence but is many times more powerful than a treatment essence. This is described as many bloggers as one of the gentlest and best formulated AHA chemical exfoliator they have ever used! I never use any other chemical exfoliators so I cannot make a credible comparison but I must say that this is the ONLY product that ever makes those annoying whiteheads on my nose disappears. It also somehow manages to discipline them so that they never attempt to pop a head out even during days when I don't apply this.

Cosrx BHA Blackhead Power Liquid
This is my bf's holy grail, but I also use it occasionally to get rid of blackheads on my skin. For me, this works like magic to reduce the appearance of blackheads on my nose areas where I get visible blackheads. However, for my boy friend, I must say that nothing including this would get rid of those deeply-trapped sebum and dirt in his pores in just a few months time of using. But ever since he starts to use this (okay, I force him to), he gets less breakouts and his sebaceous filaments are somehow in control. Well, at least it works, and works much better than any other charcoal, green bean or clay mask I slather on his face.

Step 3: Tone

Toning is a must in my skincare routine. For some reason, I just can't live without something watery on my skin, be it a treatment essence or a hydrating toner. I rarely use an astringent toner. Besides, I don't really need one. I have dry skin and smaller pores size compared to oilier skin. And I am a loyal practitioner of double cleansing whether or not I put on makeup (for me, sunscreen must be removed with a cleansing water). I don't see why I need something so stripping and drying to double cleanse, shrink my pores and prep my skin so astringent toner is a pass in this step.

Here are some of the watery stuffs I use:

Sulwhasoo First Care Activating Serum EX
Okay, this may not be that watery but this is a first-serum type product that serves as a skin appetizer. This is something I put immediately after cleansing. I would never use a toner before this since this is too potent to be "diluted" by a toner. This serum has extremely light-weighted and blendable texture that just sinks into your skin within seconds. It is so light-weighted that I cannot really call it hydrating (in fact it is NOT a hydrating product for normal to dry skin at all) but it does things like blood circulation improving, skin balancing and nutritious-nourishing. It is like a building stone to good skin health. Once the base is strong, everything else that follows becomes easier.

Laneige Clear-C Advanced Effector
I use this after the Sulwhasoo First Serum whenever I am using the Sulwhasoo. I normally just soak two thin cotton pads with this essence and place it on my cheek bone where I get most freckles. The good part is, it does work to fade some of the freckles I already had but the speed is too slow to catch up with newer ones that pop out as a result of my late sleeping habit and my reluctance to wear sun products in the past 20+ years. Sometimes dark spots are hidden deep under our skin surface and using a brightening serum right now may not get rid of them completely as they may eventually move to the surface if your skin cannot metabolize those melanin. Despite its effectiveness as a brightening treatment essence, it is not hydrating at all. In fact, pretty dehydrating just like the Nature Republic Saccharomyces First Essence so you'll need something really hydrating to makeup the dehydration in your routine later.

Innisfree Soybean Energy Essence
After Sulwhasoo and Laneige, the third in line would be this Innisfree Soybean Energy Essence. It is heavier than the former ones in term of consistency but is fast-absorbing and non-residual which makes it perfect to come before a toner. So far, I have noticed moisturizing, soothing, repairing and radiance-producing effects ever since I am using this. It is not moisturizing or hydrating enough to be used in solo, but I believe it does provide healthy benefits for my skin even though very slowly.

Belif Witch Hazel Herbal Extract Toner
I have talked about this toner previously so there is nothing much to add here. Basically, if I were to skip my treatment essences, or add a hydrating toner after my first treatment steps, this will be the one I choose. It is hydrating, soothing, and moisturizing, with great ingredients and nice texture. I love this, a lot!

Step 4: Treat


Next step is treat. This is when you treat and feed your skin with real stuffs to improve the texture and condition of your skin. Normally, my treatment step follows three major purposes: hydrating, anti-aging, and brightening. I have normal to dry skin so I prefer something super hydrating yet easily absorbed. Since I have genetic freckles and aftermath sun spots, I also use brightening serum, AHA, treatment essences to lighten the discoloration on my skin surface. And of course, anti-aging and anti-oxidizing are important components for most skincare routine especially for someone like me who's moving towards my late 20s.

Primera Super Sprout Serum
This is my favourite, okay, one of my favourite anti-aging serums. This smells nice, has easily-absorbing texture and is indeed very nourishing and moisturizing for my skin. It contains three black seed sprout extracts which deliver the potent black energy to revitalize and rejuvenate skin. I feel that my skin is deeply hydrated, nourished and protected after using this. I love this and will keep repurchasing!!!

Belif Peat Miracle Revital Serum Concentrate
I bought this during my birthday discount since this is about RM 260. My Beauty Consultant advises me to get this, saying that it has balanced and nourished her skin while helping her pimple scars to fade faster. I personally did not see any amazing results from this item, probably because my major concern is freckles whereas this is more on anti-oxidizing and repairing. However, I have good feelings about this and my mom who is also loving this said that this energize and prep her skin really well too! Another cult favourite I would say.

Laneige Water Bank Essence_EX
As shared previously, I always need something hydrating yet light-weighted in my dressing table. And this Laneige Water Bank Essence_EX is a perfect candidate, almost like a must-have product if you are looking for a hydrating, nice-smelling and light-weighted essence. This has a texture lighter than serum but is not watery like a treatment essence. It always leaves my skin feeling good, and besides proper hydration is the key to good skin and the glowing look we all adore!

Belif The True Anti-Aging Essence
I used to really love this but not so much recently. This is a unique whipping cream emollient and watery essence hybrid to offer anti-oxidizing and anti-aging benefits for your skin. Also the top 5 best-selling products of Belif. Wouldn't say that this has done amazing things for my skin, but will always resort to it whenever my skin is feeling extra dry, sensitive or tired after long day of computer staring. It never fails to leave my skin soft, velvety and smooth, which I would attribute to its whipped cream emollient content. Regardless, the super hydrating sensation I used to get from this product is no longer felt when I am in full size bottle (I used to use little miniatures I got as GWPs in my previous purchases), much to my dismay.

Laneige White Plus Renew Original Essence_EX
This is one of Laneige's all time best sellers, a pretty expensive little thing. The question is, does it worth the hype? Yes, I think it does and in fact it works really well to bring up the tone of my skin and to fade my freckles. My skin is distinctively brighter, more radiant, and smoother ever since adopting this into my routine. My cousin who hasn't met me for 5 months is shocked at how fair my skin has turned, and the only brightening product I am committed to during that period is this Laneige one. I stopped Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spots Solution during that 5 months to observe the performance of this Laneige White Plus Renew Original Essence plus the Advanced Clear C Effector so I am pretty sure that all brightening effects and clearer skin tone are attributable to this.

I have 5 treatments, 3 anti-aging, 1 hydrating and 1 brightening, which may look pretty extensive to some people but rest assured that I do not use all of them every day. There are also times when I just skip essences and serums and jump straight into a moisturizer. Skincare is an art of mixing and matching and sometimes you just need to listen to your skin, what it wants, how it is feeling to decide which to use. It's fun, and it doesn't have to be set and stone.

Step 5: Eye Treatment

Normally I use eye cream before moisturizer because I believe that eye cream is more delicated so I want to deliver these intensive nutrition and moisture to my eyes area before it is diluted by moisturizer.

Belif Moisturizing & Firming Eye Cream
This is my favourite eye cream. It is the most moisturizing yet soft and non-greasy eye cream I have ever used. It feels like a lighter but deep moisturizing version of the Belif Moisturizing Bomb. Performance-wise, this has also reduced the appearance of my otherwise never-going-away fine lines due to constantly staying up late. My holy grail so far.

A.H.C Private Real Eye Cream for Face (Season 3)
This is an affordable, great-smelling, light-weighted and highly moisturizing eye cream with gel cream like texture. It is made of healthy oil like ahea butter and jojoba oil and a blend of other extracts to moisturize and treat your eyes area. This is not super great but a nice-to-have moisturizer for your eyes. I enjoy using this a lot as well although not as much as the Belif one.

Step 6: Moisturize


After treatment, next is moisturizer. I use quite a lot of moisturizers, but again I don't use them every day. Some of these are products I buy just to try them out, and a few are repurchases like the Innisfree and Belif ones. I have more moisturizers but I thought I shouldn't open them before I finish at least one of these. For those of you who are curious, I use about a pearl size depending on how dry or dehydrating my skin is. Normally a cream wouldn't last me for more than 3 months if I use them twice a day but rotating between creams would last me for at least 12 months and I don't have to miss any of these products during the days I don't use them and I can try out various moisturizers at the same time too!

Belif The True Cream - Aqua Bomb
As mentioned in my previous reviews and awards for the year, this is my holy grail moisturizer. The only one I cannot live without and will continue to repurchase until it is discontinued. Since this is pretty expensive, I don't use it every day, only when my skin isn't feeling great. Something about it always keeps me back for more. It just feels extremely good on the skin, for some reason.

Belif The True Cream - Moisturizing Bomb
I used to dislike the texture of this Moisturizing Bomb, pretty rich and creamy, and in fact too rich for Malaysian weather. But recently due to my serious sleeping late habit, my skin is getting back all the shits it creates - dryness, sensitivity and roughness that even the Aqua Bomb can't fully relieve. And surprisingly those problems are much mitigated after I apply this. And despite its creaminess and rich texture, it doesn't grease up like the Whamisa Water Cream or Guerisson 9 Complex Cream. Pretty amazing I would say, totally changes how I view this now.

Innisfree The Green Tea Seed Cream
This is my second bottle, and is also a jumbo size version I bought during the Innisfree Xmas Special. I like the packaging and I still remember how refreshing yet highly moisturizing this is. If I were to compare, this is less soothing but more moisturizing than the Aqua Bomb; but is faster absorbed and more refreshing compared to the  Moisturizing Bomb. I wouldn't say that it has the best of both worlds because it cannot replace the Aqua Bomb and Moisturizing Bomb, but it indeed has a really unique light-weighted yet highly moisturizing texture that works better for my skin in some occasions compared to the Bombs. For that reason, I have been using this and will continue doing so in the future. This is my first runner-up in best moisturizer award. You can see my full review here.

Nature Republic Super Aqua Max Combination Watery Cream
I bought this when I was really carving for a good moisturizing cream with a texture similar to the Biotherm Aquasource I tried at the Biotherm counter.  And then found this on sales when I was shopping at Nature Republic store. Despite its lovely scent and really nice texture, I actually didn't like it as much as I do for other moisturizers I have. I think this is not more moisturizing enough, more like an artificial layer of interesting-textured silicone sitting on my skin. However, if you don't look at Belif or Innisfree, then this product at its own is definitely a very good one.

Primary Raw DoYou Azulene Gel Cream
This is a new brand, which combines art and beauty in a glass bottle. Does anyone agree with me that this looks absolutely beautiful? Inside it has this clear but highly hydrating and even moisturizing gel with shiny vitamin E capsules floating around. Besides, this smells really nice as well! Well, if you ask, I will definitely repurchase but I did not use it as frequently as my beloved Belif Aqua Bomb because this is quite inaccessible in Malaysia and is kinda expensive.

Primera Watery Oil-Free Gel Cream
This Primera Oil-Free Gel Cream has texture similar to the Kiehls Oil Free Gel Cream but is slightly lighter and more refreshing. I think someone sensitive to alcohol or anything that will evaporate like alcohol may not like this, but this is indeed super light weighted and refreshing for summer time.

Primera Alpine Berry Watery Cream
This is a highly popular moisturizer in Korea, with texture between gel cream and cream, hence the tag "watery cream". It is definitely not light or refreshing but is not too rich or suffocating. You will feel that it is enriched with emollients and healthy oils but it is meant to fill your skin with moisture not grease.

These are everything I use for my 2016 summer routine. Of course, this list contains product I frequently use for the summer months (actually should be around my March to July months to be precise). There are still a lot outside the list that I don't think I use enough to makeup my "routine". Like I stressed many times, skincare routine doesnt have to be abcdefg, as it would be too boring and impractical especially for a blogger. My skin changes everyday so should my routine. I hope you keep this reminder in mind in building your own and hope you find this episode insightful and interesting to read. Do comment below if you have any questions and I will be glad to answer them! Thanks and have a nice day.


[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...