7 Jun 2016

Review: It's Skin Prestige Serum D'escargot (and the eye serum)


I'd learned through failures and frustration that good deals don't just come free. This It's Skin Prestige Serum definitely adds to that count. When I first bought it, I thought oh wow what a bargain, much cheaper than the cream with an eye serum attached. I even wanted to forgo the cream to get this, which luckily I didn't. There must a reason why this serum is way cheaper than the cream and still has an eye serum that comes with it. And there is.



The serum looks like this, big tall golden plastic bottle that is just a treat for the eyes. The down side is that the printing on It's Skin's packaging gets chipped off pretty easily. So this one is in its less desirable shape after 8 months or so. It has 40ml and is best within 12 months.


The eye serum does look like a little sister with minimal design. It looks like those miniatures you got from purchasing full size products. This one has 15ml and is also advised to be consumed within 12 months.



The serum has a weird texture. It is really light, and will evaporate really fast after you smooth it out on your skin, but it will have this weird stinky alcohol smell that is quite disturbing. I also feel a little bit of unpleasant tingling effect whenever I am applying. This is indeed light-weighted, but not in the way that I enjoy having on my face. It feels barely there, not very moisturizing or hydrating, just refreshing.



The eye serum has a convenient pump top design like the serum. The texture of the eye serum is however thicker and creamier. Although it is not my favourite eye serum texture, but it is still a highly moisturizing and smoothing one especially for people with drier eyes area.

Actually I should review about this serum much earlier but I always don't have the motivation or passion to start writing and talking about it, as well as researching its ingredients, simply because I know whatever I found I still won't like it.

I'd been using this It's Skin snail serum and snail eye serum for over a year, and couldn't finish them up. They were not bad, but just not impressive enough to be called a sister product of the It's Skin snail cream. The serum feels like alcoholic gel that is neither hydrating or moisturizing on my face. As for the eye serum, it is okay but is a little bit too rich for my liking. And to be honest, the performance of the serum really turns my desire to pick up the eye serum down. One bad apple spoils the whole bunch, I would say.

INGREDIENTS
(serum / CosDNA)

Water, Snail Secretion Filtrate, Cyclomethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Isohexadecane, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Niacinamide, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Peg-11 Methyl Ether Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Polyacrylate-13, Tricholoma Matsutake Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Polyisobutene, Opuntia Tuna Fruit Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Malt Extract, Fragrance, Porphyra Yezoensis Extract, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Adenosine, Caramel, Disodium Edta, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract

(eye serum / CosDNA)

Water, Snail Secretion Filtrate, Glycerin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Niacinamide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Tricholoma Matsutake Extract, Cetearyl Glucoside, Polyacrylate-13, Caprylyl Glycol, Opuntia Tuna Fruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Malt Extract, Panthenol, Porphyra Yezoensis Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polyisobutene, Fragrance, Cetyl Alcohol, Adenosine, Polysorbate 20, Caramel, Disodium Edta, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract 

INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS

Let's be simple here. All non-highlighted ones are emulsifiers, emollients, moisturizers and so on that make up the texture and formula of the products. I'm not gonna elaborate on that further. After all, they don't look like a brilliant formulation anyway. What matters here are those in bold. Pretty much everything we have here are the same as the snail cream's, except for a few like shea butter, arbutin, and birch extract. So it still does most of the things the snail cream can do, such as repairing, smoothing, brightening, pigmentation fading, moisturizing and firming. The eye serum even has more good stuffs added into it like the jojoba seed oil, hyaluronic acid and vitamin E. Those are meant to offer extra doses of moisture and antioxidizing effects.

No vow factor and no surprise. My only surprise is that I expect this serum and eye serum to have less of the good stuffs but apparently it has a lot. But why won't I like it?

CONCLUSION

I think, after going through all the details about its texture, feel and ingredients, many might ask me this question: why don't you like this serum set if you are crazily in love with the cream? The answer is actually simple: the cream offers results, but the serums don't.

The snail cream is something I can feel immediately after applying, that my skin becomes silky soft and velvety that is truly amazing. I can't deny that the texture plays a major part here, but the effects I see gradually over the time is also encouraging. It's something that will work over the time. But for the serums, none of them has ever brought any major contributions to my skin conditions. The serum may take time to absorb because it will leave a jelly-like solid residues on my skin if I don't pat it for absorption immediately, and the eye serum is too thick to moisturize my eyes area without giving me milias.

In addition, there must be a good reason why this retails for KRW 38,000 for two serums but the cream alone costs  KRW 60,000, and is still much less popular than the cream. We consumers are smarter than you think. Although not a lot of us want to take up the trouble to study its ingredients, but we can still tell from the texture and performance of the products which one we want to have on our skin and to recommend to other people. In fact, another reason why I want to write this review despite not liking the serums at all is just to warn you guys who are hesitating between the two. Don't hesitate, just go for the cream! There isn't a lot of reviews on this It's Skin Prestige Serum D'escargot so I hope that my review can give you some insights on which product to pick.

Thanks for reading and happy finding your right snaily!

It's Skin Prestige Serum D'escargotpackaging: ★★★★
scent: ★★★★
texture: ☆
ingredients: ★★★★
efficacy: ☆
overall impression: ★ (eww.. what a waste of my money and time)

It's Skin Prestige Serum Eye D'escargot
packaging: ★
scent: ★★★★
texture: ★★★
ingredients: ★★★★
efficacy: ★☆
overall impression: ★★★ (meh; neither good or bad)



You can get this from: Testerkorea
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...