4 Jun 2016

Review: Mamonde Rose Water Bubble Cleansing Foam


I just finished this cleansing foam yesterday so I thought of sharing it with you guys before I just threw it asides in my old cabinet and totally forgot about reviewing it until months and months later.


The bottle looks really pretty. It has a convenient pump top, and the cleanser will be dispensed in rich foamy bubbles so no lathering is required.

texture: foamy and bouncy bubbles but not refined enough like Too Cool for School Egg Mousse

Actually I was not that keen to buy this. I bought it during Qoo10 mega sales, when it was really cheap, like around RM 30-40 (<USD 10). I had the Mamonde Rose Water Toner so I thought this would compliment the toner.

I just want to show you guys how it look like when I shake it vigorously; this cannot remove makeup effectively

Since this is not a mousse cleanser like the Innisfree one, the bubble produced is less refined and bouncy, but more airy and soft. I usually use this in the morning when I am rushing for work, or use this if my skin feels greasy and I need a squeaky clean feeling for my skin. Other than that, I don't find it appealing or attractive for me to use it every day. And yes, this Mamonde Rose Water Bubble Cleansing Foam is indeed drying for my skin and will leave a tight after feel which I don't like. I guess oily or combination skin will enjoy it better.

this has a pH of 7.0

However, looking at the pH, I think combination, oily or dehydrated skin caused by damaged skin barrier should really think twice before buying. It has a pH of 7.0. I have normal skin and healthy skin barrier, hence my skin will naturally revert its pH back to its normal level after cleansing, but this is not often the case for acne-prone or individuals with damaged skin barrier.

credit

INGREDIENTS

장미추출물(44.36%), 정제수, 라우릭애씨드, 글리세린, 피이지-8, 미리스틱애씨드, 소르비톨, 피이지-75, 포타슘하이드록사이드, 부틸렌글라이콜, 코카미도프로필베타인, 연꽃추출물, 매실추출물, 시트릭애씨드, 디소듐이디티에이, 소듐벤조에이트, 향료

Rose extract (44.36%), Water, Lauric Acid, Glycerin, PEG-8, Myristic Acid, Sorbitol, PEG-75, Potassium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Cocoamidopropyl Betain, Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract, Prunus Mume Fruit Extract, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance

INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS

I thought this cleanser contains some harsh chemicals but no. After looking through the ingredients list, a lot of the surfactants are pretty much the same as what is used in my beloved Nature Republic Aloe Vera Foam Cleanser. Hence, I think the main problem here is the rose extract (44.36%) that they use here, and how they formulate it. Rose, asides from its moisturizing and anti-oxidizing properties, is an astringent, which means to shrink pores and double cleanse your skin. Sometimes, astringent can be quite drying. This may explain the squeaky-clean feeling I get everytime after cleansing my face with this.

There is quite a lot of potentially irritating or comedogenic ingredients here: lauric acid (4 on acne), myristic acid (3 on acne) as well as a lot of the orange zones (score 3-6 out of 7 on safety assessment scale): PEG-8, PEG-75, cocoamidopropyl betaine, sodium benzoate (preservative), and fragrance. Since the ingredients list is short, I can see a lot reds and oranges here, taking up a big portion of the cleanser. In other words, a lot of things in this cleanser may actually cause you skin issues so if you are someone with skin issues already, do watch out before buying.

CONCLUSION

I think it is now clear that I don't enjoy using this Mamonde Rose Water Bubble Cleansing Foam at all. Although it looks pretty and is really convenient to use, it fails in everything I'm looking for in a cleanser. It is too drying, too stripping, the bubbles are too airy and light to feel bouncy and soft on my skin (it is just like those foam I can make with bare hands right?), and the ingredients are really unimpressive. It feels like the old Nano White Face Wash that I used. Not to mention that this costs 3x more than the Nano White one (retailed at RM 59 @ Hermo) and pretty much twice more than most cleansers out there in the market.

I think normal to dry skin should just walk away; combination and oily skin can give this a try if you want, but sensitive skin should think twice before buying. If you are using an astringent toner and is fine with it, then you'll probably be fine with this. Otherwise, it may take a lot of time to get used to that drying effect this gives. Or, be like me, use this to cleanse my used skincare containers if you really can't finish it and don't want to wash it.

packaging: ★★★☆
scent: ★★★
texture: ★☆
ingredients: ★★
efficacy: ★
overall impression: ★☆ (this causes me issues, will not recommend)




You can get this from: Koreadepart | RoseRoseShop | Jolse | Ooh & Aah | Hermo
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...