6 Jun 2016

Review: It's Skin Prestige Creme D'escargot


Today I'm going to talk about this highly-requested, long overdue snail cream from It's Skin. Actually, I don't know why it took me so long to write this review. I actually drafted it some time earlier but hadn't got the chance to refine and edit my draft. I'd been using the product for over a year or so now, and its trial kit much earlier. I would say that this was one of the early time product I used and would still continue to use now.


In the picture, it was my repurchase. The older box was so worn out and space-consuming which I actually tossed it out before photographing. The product looks absolutely gorgeous, like the cream an Anxient time Queen would use. It is in the shape of a diamond!


You can see that the printing at the bottom all chipped off. I kept this on my dressing table for over a year now, not because I didn't like it, but because they were my emergency rescuing cream that I priced a lot so I was reluctant to use it generously on a daily basis.


On the bottom of the jar it has that little "12M" label to tell you that you're supposed to finish this within 12 months. And you MUST follow that instruction. I kept this cream in really good condition, away from the sunlight, fluctuating temperature and excessive humidity. I scooped the product using a clean spatula, and will always seal it back with its rubber lid. Still, with that much of protection, I can notice sharp quality deterioration pass 12 months (yes, I record the day I start using my product every single time).


The texture is what got me so hooked. It is a cream, not a gel, but is watery enough to feel like ice cream on your skin. Seriously, this will melt and blend into your skin really really well. There is no worries over stickiness or heaviness. It just feels like a nice emollient that fills all the crack and dryness in your cells without gluing it like what a lot of heavy-duty moisturizers do. It's not like most snail cream which will pull into stings, or foam a non-breathable wrap around your face. This just gently kisses your face and blesses it with all its magical spells. Your skin will feel velvety soft and smooth immediately, which is really amazing! 

source: official advertisement

This snail cream has the loveliest scent ever. It is enticing, something I can't describe. You will feel very satisfied and pleased with the smell. It will relax you deeply.


It's Skin Prestige Creme D'escargot, as I learned, is probably the best snail cream in Korea. Like, if you ask people what snail cream you should buy and is guarantee to work, this will be the one.

Although it is targeting those in their 30s and above, I start using this in my mid-20s. A friend of mine who recommends this snail cream to me is also in her late 20s. And even my friend's auntie, whom I gave a sample size of this snail cream to (she was asking around hence I volunteered) adores this as well. I don't think there is an issue with being too young or too old to start using this.

If you have aging concerns, acne-prone skin, hyperpigmentation and skin texture issues, you should seriously considering investing in one. I've heard that those with acne-prone skin will serious breakouts within 2 weeks of using this since it will purge your skin through its healing process. I'm not sure about that one since none of my friends (including me) who use this have acne-prone skin and experience those. But do take note of that possibility and don't come and cry back at me for enabling you to buy something that breaks you out badly.

It seems like a heavier version of the SK-II Pitera Essence, which is also all about skin renewing and gentle exfoliating, although this snail cream focuses more on nourishing and repairing instead of boosting up skin's turnover rate.


INGREDIENTS

Water, Snail Secretion Filtrate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Glycereth-26, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Arbutin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Glucoside, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Betula Alba Bark Extract, Tricholoma Matsutake Extract, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Opuntia Tuna Fruit Extract, Carbomer, Porphyra Yezoensis Extract, Malt Extract, Adenosine, Caramel, BHT, Disodium Edta, Trideceth-6, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Chlorphenesin, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract

INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS

This product contains a good amount of wonderful ingredients. No nonsense. Nothing particular harmful here except for BHT, a preservative which may cause cancer and organ toxicity, but is concluded to be safe for use in cosmetics due to its low concentration in cosmetics.

There is 21% of snail secretion filtrate, which I'm totally fine with. This snail cream has much lower percentage of snail secretion than others I've tried but is among the BEST. It's just like when you are making tiramisu, you don't need to have 99% of cheese or 99% of coffee to make it a delicious tiramisu. A good cook will make even just 20% of cheese feels like 99% of cheese to you. So, enough with the nagging, let's talk about the snail secretion filtrate. Basically, a snail mucin is a very nutritious gel mucus derived from the body of snail with great repairing, moisturizing, anti-microbial, skin regeneration and anti-oxidizing properties. It increases the production of fibronectin protein to stimulate collagen and elastin production on your skin. In other words, it is a miraculous solution for aging skin.

They also add songyi mushroom, an expensive Japanese mushroom with excellent anti-aging, antioxizing, brightening, and moisturizing properties. This ingredient is capable of improving your complexion, making it fairer and evener. Malt extract derived from barley as well as arbutin is also added to purify and inhibit melanin synthesis in the skin. Overall, they target the hyperpigmentation issue (i.e. age spots or acne scars) associated with aging or acne concerns.

Nori, a type of algae; as well as antarcticine, a form of peptide are also added to help skin retain moisture better. As we know, moisturized skin promotes and eases self-repairing and renewing process.

Lastly we have birch extract and adenosine to boost up skin metabolism, increase blood blow, gently exfoliate, heal, purify and soothes skin irritation to compliment all the healing and repairing work of this amazing snail cream.

Seriously, no nonsense spotted here. All ingredients compliment each other to treat its claimed benefits: anti-aging, anti-hyperpigmentation, healing, soothing, smoothing and moisturizing.

some of the amazing ingredients used here

CONCLUSION

I'm so sorry that this is out so late, I should have speed it up next time. I still have the reviews on the foam cleanser, toner and emulsion from the same line to catch up on, so do bear with me on that!

This snail cream is one of my holy grail moisturizers in 2015. Although it is not as moisturizing as my holy holy grail Belif Aqua Bomb, it does many other things in wonderful ways. The cream itself is very watery and light which will not create any burden on your skin. It also smells wonderfully enticing. Applying it is a joy.

And when you smooth it out, you'll immediately feel the difference. Your skin will become velvety soft and plump within a few minutes. No other creams I'd ever tried can do this, not this fast and not this well. It's not even tacky or sticky, it is just like your skin is immediately smoothed and plumped.

Prolonged use also gives really promising results. I have normal skin with freckles. Although applying this doesn't improve my freckles a lot, probably because I don't use it continuously to attribute any positive results to it, it does control and fade away those newly emerging ones. My skin texture is also more refined, softer and my pores slightly smaller (I have small pores already okay). It doesn't brighten up my complexion as well as the Laneige White Plus Renew Original Essence, but it does make my skin looks smoother and distinctively younger. It's like pumping your skin with a lot of moisture and nutrition it needs to stay hydrated and younger all-day long. And of course, if you are going to enjoy some private time with your loved one, applying this as a mask or emergency rescuing cream will also make your skin super velvety soft to touch and the smell of it will definitely induces him/her to get closer to you.

Stay young and sexy ladies/gents.

packaging: ★★★★★
scent: ★★★★★
texture: ★★★★★
ingredients: ★★★★☆
efficacy: ★★★★☆
overall impression: ★★★★☆ (a product between excellent and holy grail)



You can get this from: IMeiou / Hermo / Testerkorea
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...