25 Jun 2016

Perfect x Simple: Overview and Ingredients Analysis of 16 Hada Labo products I used


Actually, I have been thinking of writing this overview for quite some time already. But since I’d done a few comparison reviews on the brand, I thought I might as well devoted my time onto some other brands or products.

Now I think it is finally the time for me to gather all thoughts and information I have on 18 Hada Labo products I’d tried in the past 5 years (2011-2015). This overview will include general information, ingredients analysis and my personal opinions on each and every Hada Labo products I’d used in the past.

Hope you like it!

My skin condition:
Normal with oily nose areas and dry forehead. Prone to sun spots and have genetic freckles. Fair to medium complexion.

My environment:

2011-2013 – cold and dry autumn-winter weather, clean air and water
2013-2015 – hot and humid summer-round season, polluted air

About Hada Labo



Hada Labo holds the philosophy of “perfect x simple” ingredients and formulations to bring the best results to skin. “Pure”, “simple” and “baby” are words I will use to describe Hada Labo. This brand eliminates unnecessary additives, colourant, fragrance and mineral oil that will cause burden to the skin. Even the packaging is very simple and practical. It is mostly odorless, except for its arbutin whitening line with some fragrance oil added inside. It is not paraben-free, but do keep in mind that paraben actually exists naturally and is not necessary evil or as bad as many might have thought. Paraben is also used in popular skincare brands like Kiehl’s and Cetaphil.


CLEANSER

Hada Labo AHA+BHA Foaming Wash 160ml / RM 39.90



Water, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Lactate, TEA-Cocoyl Alaninate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Glycerin, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben (CosDNA)

I started to use this when a friend of mine who had dryness-inflicted skin inflammation recommended me this. I suffered dull and rough skin issues in my last semester due to constant staying up late and improper food intake. Hence, I did not do my research well before devoting myself into this. And unfortunately, I got those painful red dots breakouts that made my skin so sensitive for a few months even after I stopped using it. I consulted someone in the local drugstore and she told me that AHA and BHA products must be used together with a sunscreen and a proper moisturizer, which I didn’t. So, lesson learned:
  • this is a gentle exfoliating product using chemical exfoliatants glycolic acid and salicylic acid
  • this will help to eliminate dead skin cells from accumulating inside your pores and lead to bacteria accumulation, inflammation and acne
  • this is gentler and more effective than scrubs
  • glycolic acid will make your skin thinner and more sensitive to sun damage hence you MUST wear a sunscreen whenever you are using this
  • normal skin doesn’t really need exfoliating cleanser on a daily basis
  • this is more suitable for individuals with difficulties getting rid of their blackheads, whiteheads, excessive oil, excessive dead skin cells, or those who have acne-prone skin; so oily-combination AND sensitive skin can use this as a gentler approach to exfoliation
  • a little goes a long, long way; this bottle can last you at least 6 months if you use it in moderation

Ingredients Analysis:
  • Clean, simple and direct
  • Cleansing agents:
    • Sodium cocoyl glutamate: coconut oil-derived gentle cleansing agent
    • Disodium cocoyl glutamate: coconut oil and fermented sugar-derived cleansing agent with foaming properties without relying on the harsher SLS
    • Sodium cocoamphoacetate: coconut oil-derived cleansing agent that is smooth and gentle on skin to remove leftover makeup and deeply-sealed dirts

In short, a simple, straightforward, reasonably-priced, convenient bubble foaming cleanser that does two things: gentle exfoliation and deep cleansing.

Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Face Wash 100g / RM 29.90


Water, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Sorbitol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Cocamide DEA, Myristic Acid, Gylceryl Stearate, Sodium Chloride, Lauric Acid, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-2 Isostearate, Polyquarternium-7, Methylparaben, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hyaluronate (CosDNA)

This was practically the first Hada Labo products I'd ever used. I tried it when I was staying over at my friend's house, and fell immediately for its pure and simple brand philosophy. This thing doesn't smell like anything at all, but it cleanses well and is really gentle on my skin, unlike the Nano White one. I'd been switching between this and the Shirojyun Arbutin Whitening Face Wash for the past 5 years and I must say that although this was my first, this wasn't my favourite. I prefer the Shirojyun one over this:

  • this is a fragrance-free, mineral oil-free, SLS-free foam cleanser for anyone looking for a simple, pure and gentle cleansing experience
  • this doesn't foam up as well as the Arbutin Whitening Face Wash
  • I find this a little stripping and drying on my skin
  • my friend with super sensitive skin is doing fine with this Hydrating Face Wash, although she breaks out from the Arbutin Whitening Face Wash
  • another friend with combination-dehydrated skin and clogged pores find this more drying and less effective than the AHA+BHA cleanser

Ingredients Analysis:
  • Lauric acid is a coconut oil-derived cleansing agent with a score of 4/7 on potentially acne-triggering and 1/7 on potentially irritating. There is research saying that this ingredient controls acne-causing bacteria, but it is also placed under the watch list for acne-triggering. Anyhow, this ingredient is still commonly present in most foam cleanser, and acne-prone skin is advised to patch test before buying.
  • Myristic acid is a foaming agent with a score of 3/7 on acne-triggering. This ingredient can be a little drying on your skin.
  • The problem here is cocamide DEA, which is a foaming agent that is quite drying and is found to cause long-term health risk. Not properly formulated, it can combine with preservatives to form nitrosamines, a compound that has been shown to cause cancer in lab rats. A lot of Hada Labo products use cocamide DEA. The ingredients list are obtained online, and I am not entirely sure have their reformulated their products now.
  • Lastly, we are loaded with sodium myristoyl glutamate, sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, and sodium lauroyl glutamate, all of which are gentle cleansing agents derived from coconut oil.

In short, this is a decent, gentle and minimalist cleansing foam that will suit all skin types. For beginner finding their way into Hada Labo products, this could be a good starter.

Hada Labo Arbutin Whitening Face Wash 100g RM29.90


Water, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Sorbitol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Cocamide DEA, Myristic Acid, Gylceryl Stearate, Sodium Chloride, Lauric Acid, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Methylparaben, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Glygerin / Angelica Archangelica Root Extract / Morus Alba Bark Extract / Syringa Vulgaris (Lilac) Extract / Paeonia Albiflora Root Extract / Capsicum Frutescens Fruit Extract / Bletilla Striata Root Extract / Ampelopsis Grossedentata Extract / Poria Cocos Root Extract / Atractyloides Macrocephala Root Extract, Alpha-Arbutin, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate (CosDNA)

This Shirojyun Arbutin Whitening Cleanser is definitely my thing. It smells nice, slightly citrusy, and it foams up really well into big, bouncy bubbles. Personally, I like this much better than the Gokujyun or AHA+BHA ones.

Ingredients Analysis:
  • This Shirojyun cleanser uses the same cleansing agents as in the Gokujyun we discussed previously. Among them, cocamide DEA is a potentially unsafe ingredient in cosmetics if not properly formulated, whereas myristic acid and lauric acid both score high on acne.
  • This cleanser contains both moisturizing and whitening agents, such as butylene glycol, sorbitol, glycerin, super hyaluronic acid and arbutin. I am not sure will the arbutin here actually do something practical to improve your hyperpigmentation, but definitely this formulation moisturizes my skin better than the Gokujyun one. My skin feels less tight and not as squeaky clean after using this Shirojyun Whitening Cleanser.
  • This cleanser contains a blend of plant extracts, ranging from dong guai, mulberry tree, peony flower root, lilac flower, chili pepper, urn orchid, moyeam, fu ling, bai zhu, which Hada Labo claims will double the whitening effects provided by this cleanser. In fact, research on a few of these extracts does find that they display some skin lightening and/or melanin-inhibiting properties, as well as helping skin to recover from sun-related damages.

In short, this Shirojyun Arbutin Whitening Face Wash has a lot of promising ingredients to tackle the first signs of radical or sun damages on your skin through its blend of plant extracts and gentle cleansing abilities. Sensitive skin may need to be extra careful when using any skincare products with a lot of plant extracts, since both my colleague and my friend with combination-sensitive skin suffers breakouts from this cleanser. Although I did not believe or find that it has lightened my freckles, it is indeed a very pleasant cleansing foam and is among those that I will repurchase in the future.

TONER

Hada Labo Hydrating Lotion 170ml RM 59.30


Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, PPG-10 Methyl Glucose Ether, Disodium Succinate, Methylparaben, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Succinic Acid, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate (CosDNA)

It is no exaggeration when I say Hada Labo is famous for its lotion. This Hydrating Lotion (the original version) is the best-selling one in Japan and across the world. It is by far the highest cost-to-performance product with that many hyaluronic acid inside. Dr. Wu hydrating toner with hyaluronic acid costs twice as much as this one, and is slightly thicker in texture with no distinctive difference in terms of their performance compared to this Hada Labo Hydrating Lotion.

For those who are new to skincare, don't get confused with the term "lotion" here. Japanese calls their toner "lotion" because these toners usually function more like a hydrator than an astringent. I normally use them right after cleansing. If I use a first serum or a treatment essence, I will use this after them.

This Hydrating Lotion is my holy grail toner before I discovered Innisfree and Aqualabel, but now remains one of my favourite toners even I have stopped using them. They are affordable, gentle, hydrating, simple and effective. However, since they are so simple and gentle, I got bored after using a few bottles, which is why I stopped using them now.

This Hada Labo lotion uses simple yet effective ingredients in their formulation. I spotted hyaluronic acid in different molecular sizes: to deeply hydrate, to act as an emollient for smoother skin surface as well as an occlusive to seal in all moisture. There isn't anything too bad or impressive in this toner, it is simply a hydrator, something more watery than a gel or a cream, but more moisturizing than a simple toner.

Hada Labo Hydrating Lotion (Light) 170ml RM 59.30


Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Disodium Succinate, Methylparaben, Sodium Hyaluronate (Small-Size HA), Sodium Hyaluronate (Medium-Size HA), Succinic Acid, PPG-20 Methyl Glucose Ether, Hyaluronic Acid (Nano HA), Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate (Super HA) (CosDNA)

If you ask me, I actually prefer the lighter version of the Hada Labo Hydrating Lotion better. The ingredients are pretty much the same. I found discrepancy in different versions of Hada Labo toners across different countries, the ingredients I have is the Malaysian-Singaporean version.

The Light Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Lotion is a toner-type product with absolutely no fragrance, mineral oil and alcohol. The texture is slightly lighter than the original version, which makes it suitable for normal to combination skin and warmer season. Just like the original version, this contains hyaluronic acid in 4 different molecular sizes to deeply hydrate, smooth out the skin, retain and lock in moisture. Having said that, you can rightfully skip your moisturizer after using this if you feel that this has moisturized your skin enough.

In term of performance, I find this lighter version to be as hydrating as the original version, but less moisturizing. It also doesn't leave an noticeable tacky or sticky finish on the skin, which is a good news for many people who are looking for a lighter experience of this highly hydrating toner/lotion. It also calms and soothes my skin really well, since it contains minimal ingredients and only moisturizing agents so it will do a good job supplying the skin with skin-repairing hyaluronic acid without burdening it. I will always resort to this whenever my skin is feeling sensitive or uncomfortable.

My boyfriend with dehydrated-induced oily skin finds this less moisturizing than the original version, but agrees that this is less likely to clog pores. My colleague with combination-oily skin finds this original toner more moisturizing and soothing. As for my aunt, someone with normal and aging skin finds this to be too mild and slightly sticky for her liking. And when she gives hers to my cousin, my cousin just passes it to me because she could not tolerate its stickiness. As for me, this is slightly tacky like what most sheet mask leaves on my skin, but not sticky or overwhelming. However, this doesn't hydrate my skin as well as the Dear by Enprani Moistful Booskin and Innisfree Soybean Energy Essence.

Still, this is a great hyaluronic acid toner/lotion/hydrator at great price!

Hada Labo Whitening Lotion 170ml RM59.30


Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Arbutin, Betaine, PPG-10 Menthyl Glucose Ether, Styrene / VP Copolymer, Disodium Succinate, Methylparaben, Tremella Fuciformis Polysaccharide, Succinic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (CosDNA)

One of my favourites when I was in my college time, suffering from genetic freckles and sun-related damages. Hada Labo renews this whitening line and breaks the Whitening Lotion into an original and a rich version. The one I’m having here is the original version with arbutin and vitamin C.

The texture of this toner is very light, almost like water and has a pearly-white appearance. It contains hyaluronic acid as well as the very moisturizing tremella mushroom extract to supply moisture to the skin. In term of brightening power, this has arbutin and vitamin C, both of which are known skin lightening and melanin-inhibiting agents to tackle hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone. There is nothing irritating or acne-causing in this toner, although two of my friends with sensitive skin suffer breakouts from it, particularly due to the presence of whitening agents inside.

Despite all the good ingredients, I did not see significant reduction in my freckles or skin discoloration. My skin does feel smoother, hydrated, softer and more radiant, but no changes are made to my freckles. In fact, I have people telling me that my freckles are getting worst when I was using this.

Overall, a good brightening toner that is not drying. I guess you can definitely get evener and brighter skin tone from this product, but do not expect positive changes in your dark spots especially sun-related as this will be too mild to make any difference.

Hada Labo Mild Peeling Lotion 170ml RM59.30


Water, Gluconic Acid, Pentylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Tranexamic Acid, Polyquartenium-51, Sodium Metabisulfite (CosDNA)

To be honest, I actually do not use this myself, but have a few close friends of mine who are using it and sharing their thoughts with me so I included them here to provide you guys better understanding of these Hada Labo lotions.

This mild peeling lotion surprises me by its really simple ingredients. It has common moisturizers like gluconic acid (which can also inhibit the growth of microorganisms), pentylene glycol, and butylene glycol. And then the astringent and whitening agent tranexamic acid is added to tackle skin discoloration, acne scars, dark spots and help repairing skin barrier.

Hada Labo claims that the gluconic acid in here will gently soften the skin to make them appears smoother and softer, but my research does not endorse that claim. I was expecting something more like AHA and BHA though. If you ask me, I think both AHA and BHA power liquid from Cosrx would do a better yet gentle job at gently exfoliating your skin than this. Even the Skin Returning A-Sol (a toner-type product) seems to do a better job than this.

My male friend who is using this reports lesser dead skin cells and clogged pores, but did not experience anything too impressive or amazing from this. Another two friends, one has combination skin and clogged pores while the other one has dehydrated-inflamed skin both finds this too drying for them so they prefer the Hydrating Lotion over this. 

Hada Labo Whitening Essence 30g RM74.00


Water, Butylene Glycol, Diglycerin, Arbutin, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Methylparaben, PEG-20 Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylparaben, Sodium Hyaluronate, Triethanolamine (Source; CosDNA)

Those who follow my blog will know that I have genetic freckles and sun spots that are hard to remove. That's also why I bought this whitening essence, since it claims that it can remove dark spots. However, even after I finish the entire bottle I still don't really see much, or any improvement in my dark spots, which is why I discontinue using it.

Ingredients-wise, this essence contains some skin lightening stuffs like arbutin and vitamin C as well as meadowfoam seed oil, an ingredient known to be able to protect the skin from sun damage and can delay aging. Apart from that, this seed oil, along with hyaluronic acid inside will hydrate and moisturize the skin to enhance metabolism so that it can get rid of melanin faster. This essence contains some problematic ingredients like triethanolamine and propylparaben, both of which are potentially organ toxic if not properly formulated. Although I do not suffer any skin irritation from this, my friend with dark skin tone and sensitive skin suffers from redness and inflammation in just 1 use. Another friend of mine with combination-oily skin has breakouts after she uses this. So a word of caution for people with sensitive skin.

Hada Labo Hydrating Milk 90ml RM58.90


Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Diproplyene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PPG-10 Methyl Glucose Ether, PEG-2- Sorbitan Isostearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Carbomer, Behenyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Sodium Hyaluronate, Triethanolamine, Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl/Lauroyl Glutamate, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate (CosDNA)

I think I've mentioned in my earlier reviews that I did not like Japanese lotion or emulsion. They are always too gooey or sticky for my liking. This Hada Labo Hydrating Milk was no different. The texture is like a lighter version of starched soup, and it will stick around your face for longer than 3-5 minutes.

There is nothing much to say about this milky lotion. The ingredients are boringly about texture. Most of the ingredients are stuffs they put to give this Hydrating Milk its texture: emollients, emulsifiers, surfactants, and all that. The only good stuffs for your skin would be the hyaluronic acid, and that's also available in the Hydrating Lotion.

If you have dry and patchy skin, the emollients in this Hydrating Milk will smooth and soften your skin really well, making it baby soft to touch. However, if you have normal skin or live in a hot climate then this is hardly necessary. If you have oily or acne-prone skin then you should probably stay away from this as well as it might form a protective environment for the bacteria on your skin to grow and flourish. This was my first bottle, and my last too. Would never repurchase.

Hada Labo Whitening Milk 90ml RM58.90


Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Triethylhexanoin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Arbutin, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Pentylene Glycol, PEG-20 Sorbitan Isostearate, Limnanthes Alba( Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (CosDNA)

Actually, I bought this just to complete my Hada Labo whitening set, as you can see in my group photo at the very front of this review. Hada Labo hasn't come out with their light and watery creams yet back in 2011, so this milk and a much thicker cream are their only options available to me. So, I chose the milk, which I didn't like either.

If you feel that the toner is tacky and probably sticky, then this will be at least 3-5 times more sticky and thick than that. It is like the milky-gummy solution that looks neither water-base or oil-base for me. It stands between those two and will take at least 5 minutes to get absorbed into my skin. Not something I found appealing to apply morning (because I was always in a rush to classes) and night (I had a sleeping mask which could do a better job). A bottle of this lasted me for 1 year, imagine how little I actually used them. Now that even after they reformulated the milky lotion, they are still not my cup of tea.

Ingredients-wise, this milky lotion contains commonly used emulsifiers, emollients, solvents and moisturizers. It also contains the same good stuffs like those in the whitening essence: arbutin, vitamin C, meadowfoam seed oil, and hyaluronic acid. There is nothing really in here that you cannot get from the essence alone. If you are a person like who I used to be, with a urge to always use skincare in a set, or if you are fine with your current skin tone and want to maintain it, then you can definitely get this if you are very much into whitening products. However, if you are expecting great results from this, like evener skin tone or diminishing dark spots, then I suggest you to walk away. I had used at least 3 bottles and I honestly seen none. My skin tone was acceptable (I maintained it), but my dark spots remained.

Hada Labo Hydrating Cream 50g RM69.90


Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Ppg-10 Methyl Glucose Ether, Behenyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Stearate, Peg-20 Sorbitan Isostearate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Pullulan, Sodium Hyaluronate (Medium-Size HA), Methylparaben, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hyaluronate (Large-Size HA), Sodium Hyaluronate (Nano HA), Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate (Super HA) (CosDNA)

I did not purchase this, my friend gave it to me. And frankly speaking, although I dislike the Hydrating Milk, I dislike this more. The texture of this Hydrating Cream is extremely thick, despite blends out velvety and smooth. It will create an unbreathable layer on the skin, as if it is hugging them tight, but not to the point of skin lifting. It is just thick.

I did not finish using this cream, only applied it to the drier part of my body.

Hada Labo Hydrating Perfect Gel 80gm RM94.90


Water, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Triethylhexanoin, Squalene, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Dimethicone, Triethyl Citrate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Disodium Succinate, Agar, Methyparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Succinic Acid, PEG-240/HDI Copolymer Bis-Decyltetradeceth-20 Ether, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Hydroxypropyl Bisstearamide MEA (CosDNA)

As shared in the overview of all my sleeping masks, I ranked this among one of the worsts I've tried. Let's find out why I dislike this so much!

This Perfect Gel is a 3-in-1 multi-tasker, it is a moisturizer, an essence, and a sleeping mask. If you want, this would make really good wash-off mask as well. The texture is indeed gel-like and will form a moisture wrap around your skin. However, this product stung me really badly like a lot of needles were poking every inch of my skin, thus prompting me to stop using it.

Ingredients-wise, this Perfect Gel has really cool ones like urea, squalene, hyaluronic acid, agar, hydrolyzed collagen, arginine, and so on, all of which are great for skin-repairing, moisturizing and nourishing. Except for the preservatives, nothing is really problematic or disturbing here. I'd no idea why I got that burning sensation from this product, but if I hadn't then maybe this will make a decent moisturising mask for anyone with damaged skin barrier. However, since I am the type of person who almost never suffered any irritation from anything I used, so sensitive skin should really watch out and patch test before buying.

Hada Labo UV Gel SPF 50+ PA++++ 50gm RM52.90


Water, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Butylene Glycol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Alcohol, Dimethicone, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Polysilicone-15, Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Polysilicone-13, Ammonium  Acryloyl- Dimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Polystyrene, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Acrylates / C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Cross Polymer, Triethanolamine, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Titanium Dioxide, Hydrated Silica, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Aluminium Hydroxide

Actually, I have reviewed about this product previously by comparing it to the popular Biore Watery Essence Aqua Rich. I personally find this Hada Labo uv gel slightly more user-friendly, hydrating and contains better ingredients than the Biore one. But after discount the price factor, I think this will be a tie for both highly similar sunscreens.

Having said that, I really enjoy using this Hada Labo sunscreen. It is light-weighted, non-sticky, leaves no white cast despite containing titanium dioxide, uses physical and chemical filters not just chemical filters alone, has hyaluronic acid inside, really hydrating and has awesome texture for a sunscreen. It is also not too expensive. Of course, if you ask me, I would still hold that my ultimate favourite sunscreen is AMPM 10 Peptides Ultra Light Lotion SPF30, but this Hada Labo sunscreen is undoubtedly a very well formulated one. I have a lot of love for it as well.

Hada Labo UV Perfect Gel SPF 50+ PA++++ 90gm RM94.90


Water, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Polysilicone-15, Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Polysilicone-13, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Polystyrene, Methylparaben, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Acrylates / C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Cross Polymer, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Titanium Dioxide, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Hydrated Silica, Aluminium Hydroxide, Hydrogen Dimethicone

I bought this after I finished the UV gel. Both are similar products, but I included it here just to point out that the formulation and ingredients for both products are slightly distinctive. They may alter the ratio of each ingredient inside to make it more suitable for jar container. The texture of this is also less watery and more silicony like the Biore one. I will do a detailed review on this once I've finished it.

For those who are curious, this is doing the exact same thing as the 50g uv gel. So if you want the bigger jar to save some bucks (actually you are not saving any, the 50g one is not much cheaper), you can definitely do so!

Hada Labo Air Aqua UV Moist 30g SPF50 PA+++ RM52.90


Water, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyglycerin-10, Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonic Acid, Dimethicone, Water/Tremella Fuciformis (Mushroom) Extract, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Butylene Glycol, Arachidyl Alcohol/Behenyl Alcohol/Arachidyl Glucoside, Ethylhexyl Triazone, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Dimethicone/Dimethiconol, Sodium Hydroxide, Polysorbate 60, Water/Polyquaternium-51, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum/Hectorite/Cellulose, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Tremella Fuciformis Polysaccharide, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Lupine Protein, Water/Butylene Glycol/Nephelium Longana Seed Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Resveratrol

This is a gentler and milkier Hada Labo sunscreen. It feels barely existing on my skin, as if I only apply a light layer of lotion on my skin. It is perfect for sensitive and normal-to-dry skin types. I think oily to combination skin can opt for the "fresh" option. Definitely a perfect candidate for individuals who wear makeup everyday, have sensitive, normal-to-dry skin, or just simply prefer feather-light but slightly moisturising sunscreen. Detailed ingredients analysis and review please see here.

Hada Labo Moisturizing Makeup Remover (Water-base) 200ml RM48.80


Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Isopentyldiol, PEG-20 Glyceryl Isostearate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, PEG-8, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Polyglyceryl-2, Isostearate, PEG-12 Isostearate, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Hydroxyproplytrimonium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylparaben, BHT (CosDNA)

Before I discover cleansing water, this is the makeup remover I rely on to take off my colour makeup and sunscreen. I did not try any other cleansing water/water-base makeup remover because I always think that they are supposed to be unpleasant, based on my experience with this. Of course, that was a wrong perception.

This Hydrating Makeup Remover is a cleansing gel type makeup remover for lighter makeup. There is a yellow version cleansing oil for heavier makeup. The texture of this is quite unpleasant, close to gel but comes out watery. It is quite similar to the texture of Innisfree Apple Juicy Cleansing Oil, which I dislike as well. If you like the Innisfree Apple Juicy one, you'll probably end up liking this.

As for effectiveness, this cleanses my sunscreen well, but not really for mascara and other waterproof makeup. It is a decent makeup remover for lighter makeup, although you'll need a foam cleanser afterwards because it does not emulsify well with water. Your skin will left weirdly slippery.

Most ingredients used here are acceptable. A lot of them turn up green, with only carbomer rated 1 in skin irritation. Although there are some surfactants and emulsifiers that are flagged orange here, but since this is a cleansing gel meant to be washed off, there is really nothing much to worry about here. My final point is, if you are fine with the texture (which I am not), then this cleansing gel is a fine choice.

HOW SHOULD I APPLY

From my observation, most people who use Hada Labo are mostly skincare beginner or intermediate, so maybe a routine guide will help:

makeup remover >> face wash >> lotion >> essence >> milk/cream/perfect gel >> sunscreen

COMPARISON REVIEW

Cleanser: Whitening Face Wash > Hydrating Face Wash > AHA+BHA Bubble Face Wash
Lotion: Hydrating Lotion (Light) > Hydrating Lotion > Whitening Lotion
Moisturizer: Whitening Milk > Hydrating Milk > Hydrating Cream


You can get this from: Watsons | Guardian Malaysia | SASA | AEON Wellness | Hermo
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...