24 May 2016

Review: Nature Republic Ultra Fresh Jeju Carbonic H2O Cleansing Water


You guys can tell that  I'm speeding up on my individual product reviews because I am such a slow writer!!! I have finished using this Nature Republic Ultra Fresh Jeju Carbonic H2O Cleansing Water like long long time ago, but still haven't found the chance to review it. So, here it comes, my very belated review on my holy grail cleansing water!


Everything looks pretty with its oceany blue packaging. There is a whopping 510ml inside this big tub, which can last you for a long long time, up to 6 months or so. The downside of this is its cap top, which is slightly inconvenient compared to the Innisfree's press-down pump.


On the back it says this water is made of carbonic water from Jeju Moutain Sanbang Springs and can function as both a makeup remover and a facial cleanser without any rinsing required. This can also be used on eye and lip makeup. Great for those who wear light makeup but don't want to double cleanse!

INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS

Carbonic water is really popular among Korean women, and it is not without reason. My previous review on Innisfree Jeju Sparkling line has talked about how  carbonic water is actually quite useful in channeling water deep down into your skin cells, bringing along its rich mineral and nutrition contents. The Innisfree Jeju Sparkling Mineral Toner, which was my holy grail toner in 2015, contains nothing super fancy but this miraculous carbonic water! So, I am delighted to find carbonic water in this cleansing water, and after studying its ingredient, will not hesitate to say that this maybe the reason why I love this particular cleansing water so so much compared to the other ones.


Apart from PEG-6 caprylic/capric glycerides, which is our main cleansing agent here that is also present in Innisfree Green Tea Cleansing Water and Etude House Real Art No-Wash Cleansing Water, other ingredients (except the preservative and fragrance of course) are rated safe in Cosmetic database. I personally never experience any tingling or irritation when I was using it, even around my eyes area.

A good amount of plant extracts are added here, such as elm tree, love lies bleeding, fig and centella asiatica to soothe, moisturize, anti-oxidize and calm acne. There is also plenty of moisturizing agents like the glycols, glycerins, lecithin, and ceramide to hydrate and nourish skin after cleansing. And don't forget the carbonic water as well!

In short, this is a relatively gentler, more hydrating and refreshing approach to cleansing oil and foam cleanser for days you just have minimal makeups. It will also be perfect for those who need a watery solution to make sure that everything is off your face after cleansing or before putting on makeup. My colleague with oily skin, for example, enjoys using this after her foam cleanser in the morning, and before cleansing her face in the evening to thoroughly clean her face and prevent pollutants-related breakouts.

CLEANSING POWER

this will wipe off freshly applied makeup except for lip tint

again, lip tint remains

CONCLUSION

I am glad that I found this cleansing water. Actually, I learn about its existence through Get it Beauty, which rates this as the 2nd best cleansing water in a blind test it conducted. Among all products that were tested (except for the Elishacoy one which has been discontinued), this is the cheapest, which is great because I don't have to folk out an extra RM 30 (USD 8-9) to buy the Bioderma one.

I am currently testing out on The Saem Healing Tea Garden Cleansing Water, which is more than twice cheaper than this product, to see if it works as well for me as this Nature Republic one. But,  I think I am still willing to pay RM 59 (USD 13-15) for this mild, hydrating, non-sticky and really refreshing cleansing water in the future if i run out of my cleansing water and has ntg new to try.

I know there are people who don't like this as much as I do, probably because they wear heavier makeup and have no patient waiting for all the tattooed tints and waterproof mascara to dissolve. If you wear heavier makeup like oil-based cushion foundation, concealer and waterproof points makeup, then you should probably go for heavier makeup remover like a cleansing oil or cleansing balm. I think this particular cleansing water will not work best for heavier makeup. However, if you are looking for a convenient dirts-removal; or a refreshing first cleansing step to remove only sunscreen and dirts; or a simple one-step solution to sunscreen and light makeup, then you should really give this a try.

packaging: ★★★☆
scent: ★★★★☆
texture: ★★★★★
ingredients: ★★★★
efficacy: ★★★★☆  
overall impression: ★★★★★ (my holy grail product)


You can get this from: Nature Republic Malaysia | Hermo | Testerkorea
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Product is purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...