29 May 2016

From Jeju: An Overview of 77 Innisfree Products Part 2 - Wine, Jeju Bija, Camellia, Sparkling Mineral, Various Masks


This is the second part of my Innisfree products review. Check out the first part here.





Innisfree Wine Peeling Gel
This peeling gel is the first Korean exfoliator or scrub I used. The last one I used and didn't like was the Natio Gentle Facial Scrub from SASA that is super harshThis one is way gentler, which comes in a thick water form with invisible particles (you will feel it when you massage it on your face). You rub it on your face to see those solid residues got rubbed off your skin. I don't think those solid residues are your dead skin cells though, it probably just like those residues you got when you rub your erasers, but I think it will still be able to get some of your dead skin cells off in a less abrasive way. Personally, I don't use this a lot which I don't know why, maybe because I didn't put it in my bathroom to remind myself to do the exfoliation, or that this feels less attractive for me to consciously picking it up from my dressing desk? Either way, I still have 40% left in the bottle after 1 year of using it and have now moved on to a different exfoliator.

Innisfree Wine Jelly Sleeping Mask
I wrote about this sleeping mask in my previous review. This is a nourishing and anti-oxidizing sleeping mask with memory gel texture. The gel will always go back to its original shape no matter how hard you stir! The smell of this sleeping mask is lovely, almost like a red wine pudding that you wanna take a bite. In term of effectiveness, this mask does leave my skin soft and supple. It is not sticky but might be a little bit tacky for younger and normal to oily skins. There is a whole bunch of skin repairing, nourishing and anti-oxidizing goodies in the jar. I think for a price at only about RM 49, this really worths your money.



Innisfree Bija Trouble Spot Essence
This is a decent spot essence that can prevents pimples from brewing although it cannot really stop breakouts. It just soothes and assists faster healing. It smells like spicy herb, and has a waterproof clay texture that will form a "protective" layer on your pimples. I have not tried any other acne treatment, so I cannot make an unbiased comparison but so far I really enjoy this Innisfree one. My bf, who has more serious acne concern is not amazed or super impressed by this, but he told me that the Kiehl's Acne Blemish Control Daily Skin-Clearing Treatment also doesn't work for him either. My point is, for my bf this one isn't impressive but he doesnt find any other spot treatment impressive anyway; but as for me, this works okay.

Innisfree Bija & Aloe Capsule Recipe Sleeping Pack
Innisfree Bija & Tea Tree Capsule Recipe Pack
These are bija capsule masks with either (1) aloe for overnight moisturising and soothing treatment; or (2) tea tree for wash-off type deep cleansing and immediate calming effect. I bought these two for my bf who has serious acne troubles. He likes the tea tree one because it is convenient and non-sticky while providing soothing and calming effects. As for the aloe one, he is less impressed because it will settle on his face, something that he doesn't enjoy. Regardless, both masks are quite so-so as they only come in single or two uses to reap any long-term benefits.



Innisfree Jeju Camellia Butter Body Lotion
Actually this was not available in Malaysia, but I bought it because I just finished my beloved The Body Shop Shea Whip Lotion, and the Limited Christmas edition of this Jeju Camellia Body Butter smells amazing. I didn't want to buy anymore body butter because I never finish my The Body Shop Lotus Body Cream. I think body butter or rich body moisturizer doesn't suit me, so I bought this instead. However, this smells a little bit less than what I expected, it is like sweet vanilla with hints of wood, just those typical Xmas kind of woody smell. I like it, but didn't like it as much as I wanted to be. Texture-wise, I still prefer The Body Shop shea butter lotion because it is creamy yet soft and highly blendable. This Innisfree one is not bad, but is not as good as the texture and smell of the Body Shop one.


Apart from Green Tea, this Sparkling Mineral is the second line that has a lot of my love in Innisfree. It's really beautiful, with the refreshing sparkling bubbles design and extremely lightweighted texture (except for the lotion of course) for the hot Malaysian weather. My skin has becomes hydrated, plumper, softer, and brighter after using them.


Innisfree Jeju Sparkling Mineral Cleansing Mousse
This is a mousse type foam cleanser with highly refined mousse foam. A bottle of this can last you for about 3-4 months. Personally, I enjoy using this cleansing mousse because it is really cooling, refreshing and gentle on my skin. However, I get bored after using this for some time, and no longer have that vow factor. I think this is a really unique cleanser, has unique texture and reasonable price. It is very convenient too without the need for lathering, and is great for busy mornings! Check here out for my full review.

Innisfree Jeju Sparkling Mineral Skin
Innisfree Jeju Sparkling Mineral Lotion
The Jeju Sparkling Mineral Skin is my holy grail toner in 2015. I love watery toner a lot, because it always hydates, refreshes and softens my skin well, which makes up the basis of good skin. This Innisfree jeju sparkling mineral skin is by far the most refreshing yet highly hydrating toner I've ever used before. It is as refreshing as the Mamonde Rose Water Toner, but unlike the Mamonde one which is more suitable for oilier skin, this one works great for normal to dry skin too! I love it and have been using this liberally on a cotton pad as mini-facials and finished it in 2 months! And my skin looks polished, bright and plump in that 2 months! Definitely a must try toner for all skin types!

Despite my love for the Mineral Skin, I despise the Mineral Lotion a lot. It has the most sticky, gooey and disgusting texture I've ever seen in a lotion/emulsion. It is so thick and gooey that absorbing takes at least 10 minutes, which is a disaster for busy mornings and too thick for layering at nights. I didn't finish this, despite trying really hard for 2 months, and had to give it away to other people. Even my body dislikes it when I try to use it as body lotion.

Please check out my full review for both the mineral skin and lotion here.

Innisfree Jeju Sparkling Mineral Essence
This is my holy grail hydrating essence in 2015. I've reviewed about this before, which you can see here, and recommended it to many people around me. As you can sense already for that carbonic water-like bottle, this essence contains the refreshing and cooling energy of carbonic water to deeply hydrate skin without any sort of stickiness or heaviness. It is great for summer and has another rich version that will work well for winter. I absolutely adore how it feels on my skin, the texture, the smell, the cooling sensation, the deep hydration and the lovely packaging. I love it, a lot.


Innisfree It's Real Squeeze Mask 
Honestly, if I were to recommend Korean masks priced around 1,000 KRW, I would recommend Innisfree. Korean masks around KRW 1,000 are more or less the same. I have tried a lot, from Aritaum, The Face Shop, Skinfood, The Saem, Mamonde etc. I still feel that Innisfree one has the highest CP value among all. It looks pretty, delicious, smells fresh and nice, with really soft and adhesive material and of course performs more than a KRW 950 mask. I wouldn't say that they can revitalize your skin, making it however amazing, but I would say that the effects are positive and gradual, and it won't break your bank. So, yes I like Innisfree it's real squeeze mask. It is good, affordable and recommendable. Among all It's Real Squeeze Masks I've tried, I love the cucumber, rose and green tea the most.

Innisfree Hydro Gel Mask
I didn't quite like the hydro gel mask, if compared to all other Innisfree masks. I feel that it has not done enough for my face, despite the more expensive material and price. I guess maybe due to the absence of water to channel the essence deep into my skin, just like how you feel when you apply a serum without firstly using a toner or an essence. If you love hydrogel experience, then you can wear this once in a while but not something I would personally recommend.

Innisfree Capsule Recipe Pack
Those capsules are adorable!!!! Don't you think? In fact, cuteness and variety are the major reasons why I bought this. It is super cute, has many flavours, and is a great starter pack for newbie into Innisfree products. However, it also has several weaknesses. First, the volume 10ml is only available for two uses, which is reasonable but you might not be able to wait till your second use, unless of course if you use it up within 1 week. I normally open it and forget to use it the next 1 week and the content will either dry up or deteriorate. Even if I put it in the fridge, it only slows the process to 2-3 weeks. The newly upgraded 2016 April version looks much more promising and thoughtful with their packaging so I'll update you guys with that one after I have tried a few.

StrawberryApple Yogurt and Green Tea - soft pudding texture wash-off masks that feel moisturizing and gentle on skin
Canula Honey and Seaweed - both are quite messy to apply which feels hot on skin. Skin feels revitalized and nourished after using. Seaweed one also makes my skin brighter
Apricot Yogurt - soft pudding texture scrub that is just so-so but fun to play with
Rice - my favourite among all, skin feels moisturized and brighter
Pomegranate - quite so-so, skin feels plumper nothing else

Innisfree Second Skin Mask
The second skin mask is the best mask in the line, also an award winning mask in Innisfree! I have talked about it in my previous review, which you can see here. It has great texture, which is as slim as having a second layer of skin on your face, but is surprisingly powerful to force feed your skin with nutrition. The smell is heavenly, not perfumy just herbal. This mask has awesome ingredients list, without any harmful preservative, great for sensitive skin too! Most importantly, the brightening flavour I've tried left my skin so brightened and clear which lasted for 2-3 days! Truly amazing. I love this and think that this is the absolute must-try mask from Innisfree.

Innisfree Skin Clinic Mask
If you are running low on budget, then I think this Skin Clinic Mask is great to try as well! It is similar to the Second Skin Mask, although the material of this is firmer, unlike the Second Skin Mask which is made of soybean. The smell, texture and general feeling of this is similar to the Second Skin Mask, and this doesn't have any paraben or phenoxyethanol either, only lemon peel oil to function as the preservative. This works well as well, although may not be as great as the Second Skin Mask, but is definitely a high CP value mask among all other masks I've tried! You can see my review here.


You can get this from: Innisfree Malaysia | Hermo | Althea | Koreadepart | Testerkorea | Gmarket
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...