6 Jan 2016

Review: Methode Swiss Whitening Spot Eraser


This is the first anti-freckles serum that I bought during my earliest stage of skincare addiction.

I recalled that I found this anti-freckles serum when I was looking for a replacement for my Aqualabel Moisturizing Toner at SASA. The Beauty Advisor (BA) there persuaded me to buy other brands such as Neogence and Dr. Wu, saying that those would work better for my skin compared to Aqualabel. I later learned that they did so because SASA is going to take down Aqualabel from their outlet so those BA will not get a lot of commission if I buy Aqualabel. Anyhow, I was persuaded and ended up buying a whole set of (RM 250 instead of just RM 45 for the toner) Dr. G Super Aquasis skincare set. I also bought this anti-freckles serum under her persuasion a few days later.

I didn't even want to go into further how my skin has serious allergic reaction towards Dr. G line, and how those BA never tell me anything about the 14 days-return policy and went on to persuade me to buy more of their products. They apologized for the misfortunate outcome and pushed me to buy Dr. Wu this time. Again, I fell into their traps again, bringing home some RM 500 of Dr. Wu Whitening Line.

But after falling into a few more traps, buying useless stuffs, and accumulate more experience shopping for beauty products, now I am an experienced buyer who have better understanding of the store and their services.

Basically, SASA girls will always persuade you to buy their home brands like Methode Swiss, Sasatinnie, Suisse Programme, Haruhada, Cyber Colour, Colour Combo. They carry better brands but since those garner less commission these ladies will always push you to buy their home brands. A SASA girl even walked away from serving me when I insisted on getting their Biotherm products instead of Methode Swiss she pushed me to buy. Of course in the end I didn't buy that Biotherm products either because I was pissed but anyway... that's their service. And I also met SASA girls who told me that a lotion is a serum or that I have oily skin (I have normal-to-dry okay?) The worse part is they will always try to make you to buy more instead of telling you what's wrong with the products you bought and all that. They just care about their commission, not your face, so do your research properly before walking into the stores.

Talking about this Whitening Spot Eraser, it comes from a brand called Methode Swiss. It claims that it is made in Switzerland but I don't think that essentially makes it a Swiss product or something. The brand has a very uninformative official website and you can only get it in SASA (Does Switzerland have SASA?). Sort of like a direct selling thing with a shop lot. 




This spot eraser has a white appearance, like grained pearl powder. They smell lovely, not exactly perfumy, but more towards fresh floral scent. You only have to apply a little bit of this, so a little goes a long way. The flaw about this spot eraser is that, it could not be well absorbed. It would leave a white powdery residue on your skin surface unless if you keep patting and patting until the product totally disappears from your sight. If you just spread it evenly and rub it, it wouldn't sink into your skin.

As for effectiveness, I can be very sure that there was NONE. My freckles remained visible. The only thing that changed was the area where I applied these serum turned lighter than other areas. Like 101 dogs with dots. This was supposedly to lighten my freckles, not the skin area where I applied this serum. The effect felt like bleaching for me.

So, I went back to the store asking for more details. The salesgirl there very smartly recommended me other products again - their whitening serum and whitening mask. I bought the whitening serum naively, and developed a lot of itchiness from it. I couldn't believe that I've wasted so much money and time going back and forth Sasa Malaysia just to make myself a spotty dog.

Of course, I wasn't saying that everything available at Sasa Malaysia is crab. I've bought a few nice stuffs from there too, especially Neogence and Dr. Wu. But seriously, I do wish that they could be more professional in recommending products instead of ruining my face for more commission.

Nothing makes a business runs longer than work ethics and customer service. Look at Kiehl's, they would ask me to get a few samples first before buying simply because they didn't want me to buy the wrong product. Innisfree has that attitude too! Even the Consultant who served me at Belif Malaysia would try to make sure that I buy products most suitable for myself.

As for those who are interested in knowing anti-freckles products, there are a few reviews under-way. One I have posted: Cloud9 cream. And I am currently eyeing Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Spot Solution. (Updated 2017: check out my review on Kiehl's here!)

Final note: better Cloud9 than Methode Swiss on anti-freckles product.


[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...