15 Jan 2016

Review: Innisfree Orchid Enriched Cream


I got so excited when this product was newly launched in Innisfree Malaysia. It was highly raved by many bloggers. And the agent whom I used to buy Innisfree products from before Innisfree officially opened a store in Malaysia also highly recommended this to me. She told me that this orchid enriched cream had won a skincare single item award in Cosmo Korea.

Fortunately enough, Innisfree Malaysia brought it in 2 months later so I didn't have to buy it online. The one I bought came in a set with a hand cream and a mini size heavy cream. 



Basically, this orchid enriched cream is a total care cream focusing mainly on anti-aging and nourishing. It's made of Jeju Orchid with the amazing vitality to blossom in severe winter condition which is now formulated into orchid elixir. The orchid elixir works well to rejuvenate, repair, and restore tired and aging skin with its power antioxidant properties. It will also result in healthy skin with a radiant glow.

Do remember to use it within 12 months from opening. If you return this empty bottle to Innisfree, they would refund RM 1 into your account for your next purchases, as a part of their green moto. So far, I think I've returned 5-6 empty bottles, some I kept it and washed it to put other products.


The cream has a very thick and memory-gel like texture. It feels really heavy on my normal skin. Honestly, I'd tried this on my face before I purchased the real product. It was OK and I got so carried away by the sweet and pleasant orchid scent in this cream so I ended up buying it.

It was not until I went home and opened it that I found out that this cream was in fact too heavy for my liking. Since it has a memory-gel texture, it would form a jello-like or chewing gum kind of protective layer on your skin, which I personally feel quite suffocating and heavy. It is also not the easiest to spread evenly. You will need more cream than usual to make sure that it covers every part of your face.


Imagine putting maple sugar syrup on your face. This feels close. That means I wouldn't be able to put anymore sunscreen otherwise it would be too heavy. Even if I try using this at night, it doesn't feel pleasant either.

I just don't like the texture of this cream, no matter how hard I try.


For those interested in knowing more, these are the information on the box.

CLAIMS

An anti-aging total-care cream that smooths wrinkles, strengthens, brightens, nourishes and tightens skin. It is extracted from orchid flower grows during the harsh and cold Korean winter, therefore believing that it would enable skin to flourish even during the harshest season and climate. It carries multiple advantages such as antioxidant, anti-aging, brightening, strengthening, elasticity, nourishing and pores care.


INGREDIENTS

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propanediol, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Squalane, Arbutin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Adenosine, Orchid Extract, Tangerine Peel Extract, The green Tea Extract, Prickly Pear Extract, Camellia Leaf Extract, Pea Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Phenyl Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Ethylhexylglycerin, Kaolin, Polysilicone-11, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Jeju Orchid Extract 250mg)


INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS

This cream contains a lot of silicone than other Innisfree products that I've reviewed. Personally, I am not against silicone as long as they are not too heavy but I am suspecting that silicones here are the reasons why this cream is so heavy and suffocating. They even add disteardimonium hectorite, a suspending agent to stabilize the formula and to prevent caking. They know it will cake up, eh? Lols. As for individuals sensitive to silicone, you should probably be aware before buying this cream.

The main ingredient in this cream is orchid extract, a powerful antioxidant, humectant with moisturizing, anti-aging, wrinkles-reducing and brightening properties. A few other good ingredients are added as well, such as squalane (derived from olive, greater moisturizer and skin repairing agent), arbutin (brightening), and adenosine (promotes cellular health).

Plant extracts such as green tea extract (antioxidant and moisturizing), prickly pear extract (refine texture and anti-aging), camellia extract (moisturizing and the prevention of collagen loss) and pea extract (fight off uv damage and anti-aging) are also added so as to strengthen the anti-aging properties of this cream. You can see that a lot of them are antioxidant, moisturizer with multiple anti-aging benefits.

Though I would like to remind you guys though that orchid is also present in smaller amount at many other Innisfree products, just like green tea, cactus and tangerine. If you are attracted to the skincare benefits of orchid, but are less than impressed with the texture, just go ahead and try some other Innisfree products with orchid as well. 

No harmful ingredients spotted here. Maybe just a score of 1 on acne-triggering for dimethicone and squalane.

Packaging ★★★★
Texture 
Ingredients ★★★
Scent ★★★★

Performance ☆

CONCLUSION

In short, I am very sorry to say that, I do not like this cream at all, despite craving for its flowery scent. I seriously couldn't tolerate its texture no matter how. I'd tried applying them with various methods but they were mostly too heavy for me that I ended up washing them off my face. I'd tried using them only at night but it was not moisturizing at all just suffocating, if you get what I mean. And you also couldn't apply any sunscreen after this. It wouldn't get absorbed well. Both will make your skin really greasy and sticky.

Since I didn't finish using this cream (10% left) and didn't like it at all to enjoy any benefits it bring, I wouldn't comment on the efficacy of it. If I've to rate, I would give it a fail, because I really feel none. And my mom didn't like it either. She mostly just used it as a neck cream.

Probably the worst Innisfree products that I've bought after Innisfree Jeju Sparkling Mineral Lotion.



You can get this from: Innisfree Malaysia / Innisfree World / Koreadepart / TesterKorea
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products is purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...