9 Jan 2016

Review: Innisfree Jeju Sparkling Mineral Cleansing Mousse



This would be my last review from the Innisfree Jeju Sparkling Mineral line, after the essence, toner and emulsion.
As shared previously, the Innisfree Jeju Sparkling Mineral line uses mineral water with very small molecules which allows it to penetrate deeper into human skin offering deep hydration. I really enjoy the toner and essence from this line, so I was curious about the limited edition Cleansing Mousse that was released at the same time.

If you are wondering, this limited edition Cleansing Mousse is no longer available at Innisfree Malaysia and other Korean retail shops, but you can still get them from Althea Korea.


Like the essence, there is no specific date to dispose this cleansing mousse after opening. So I am guessing that you can use until the last day of its expiry date.

120ml can last you for about 4.5 months. I use this twice a day. At night, I will use the Nature Republic Jeju Sparkling Cleansing Water to remove dirts and sunscreen before using this. I feel that using this alone as a light makeup remover isn't sufficient to make me feel "cleaned" despite the claim, maybe just some psychological factors, just like how you are used to think that only foam cleanser can effectively cleanse your face.


I pump this much, sometimes even more for single uses. It saves you time and troubles lathering them into rich and bouncy bubbles. You can directly apply this onto your skin in a gentle massaging motion. It wouldn't hurt your face at all. Instead, it gives a very refreshing and cooling sensation like the toner and essence.


I sometimes even use it as a deep cleansing mask, which is to apply it for 5 minutes before washing it off. But you don't have to do this, and honestly I don't find it as effective as my other "real" deep-cleansing masks. I do that simply because I enjoy its cooling effect on my skin. For those who are curious about the smell, this cleanser smells like citrus for me, similar to the toner and essence from the same line.

Packaging ★★★
Texture ★★★
Scent ★★★★
Ingredients ★★★★
Performance ★★★★

CONCLUSION

In short, I enjoy using this cleansing mousse. I personally prefer cleansing mousse over cleansing foam because they are more convenient to use. What you need to do is just to pump a handful of products onto your palm and massage it on your skin. No lathering is required.

I've tried using this cleansing mousse to remove my sunscreen since it has light-makeup removing function but I often feel that my face is not clean enough. So I have to incorporate a cleansing water into my nighttime routine before using this. This is just me and you can of course try to see if it works to remove your sunscreen so that you can save some money on cleansing water.

The cleansing mousse produces bouncy and rich bubbles with cooling and refreshing sensation on your face, which I really enjoy. It is a great morning cleanser for those who have sensitive and dry skin as it is not stripping, although I wouldn't say it is as moisturizing as Belif Creamy Cleansing Foam Moist or Nature Republic Aloe Vera Foam Cleanser.

Not a bad cleansing mousse, but not overly impressive either. I might not repurchase this in the future, since I prefer cleansing products that are more moisturizing.

Ideal for all skin types, especially for those looking for a cooling, refreshing, non-stripping and lathering-free cleansing product.


You can get this from: Innisfree Malaysia / Testerkorea / Althea Korea
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...