27 Dec 2015

Review: Nature Republic The First Sun Liquid SPF50+ PA+++


I'm speeding up my reviews on product empties. Hence, this would be my second blog post on sunscreen this weekend. I bought this after gets hooked by The First Essence from this brand. I am expecting this to be as good or better than my other sunscreens (I was using It's Skin 2PM Sunblock at that time), since its first essence was pretty impressive.

The sunscreen has a simple packaging that highly resembles The First Essence. The plastic bottle is also quite users-friendly and can be easily carrying around in your bag.


The texture of this sunscreen is closer to the Innisfree No Sebum Sun Milk that I shared previously. A type of powdery liquid that sinks into your skin, leaving a powdery finish with white cast. Both Innisfree No Sebum Sun Milk and Nature Republic The First Sun Liquid are quite drying for my normal skin. It would work better for those with oily skin. I should probably read the product claims more carefully from now on. I totally wasn't expecting a sunscreen that claims to do moisturizing and sebum controlling can be sooo drying.

CLAIMS

This non-waterproof but smudge water-proof sun liquid falls under the best-selling The First skincare range of Nature Republic. Formulated with Yeast Ferment Extract and Herb Complex, this sunscreen moisturizes, provides elasticity and accelerate cellular turnover for brighter-looking skin while offering maximum sun protection. Perfect for oily or combination skin for everyday use.

#sebum-control
#skin revitalization
#moisturizing
#elasticity
#sun protection
#balance skin rhythm


INGREDIENTS

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Zinc Oxide, Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Butylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Saccharomyces Ferment, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Acacia Senegal Flower/Stem Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Water, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Rose Flower Oil, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit/seed Oil, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Soluble Collagen, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Magnesium Sulfate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Methicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Aluminium Stearate, Glyceryl Caprylate, Caprylyl Glycol, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Phenoxyethanol 

Packaging ★★
Texture ☆
Application ☆
Scent ★★
Ingredients ★★★
Performance ☆

CONCLUSION

In short, I didn't like this sunscreen either. Not the problem of the sunscreen itself, but just my personal aversion to sebum controlling sunscreen. They make my sunscreen super drying and uncomfortable. Guess I should be more careful in choosing sunscreen next time, not just focus on the moisturizing claim, but also on the oil controlling part. Any oil-controlling or powdery matte finish sunscreen will not suit me. This is the 2nd sunscreen that I've to give away not even half way through. As such, normal to dry skin, please stay away from this.


You can get this from: Nature Republic Malaysia / Hermo / Koreadepart / TesterKorea
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...