20 Dec 2015

Mega Review: Introducing Nano White skincare line as parts of my teenage memory


Today, I am going to go through the first skincare line that I'd used, the Nano White range by Tohtunku. I am not sure is it exclusive to Malaysia, but I can't really find it anywhere outside of Malaysia so I guess it is only for Malaysians. The range is widely available in local drugstores such as Watsons, Guardian, AEON Wellness, Caring, as well as online retailers at very affordable prices. I started using this before entering university, about 8 years ago, for almost the whole of my university life before discovering Hadalabo. Hence, I choose to share about it now, not only because it is quite popular (widely available) in Malaysia, but also because it represents my youths as the first skincare range that I'd used. Let's read on to find out more about it.

BRAND CLAIM

"Nanowhite is the only skincare range with the 'happy' Endorphins that opens up pores for better absorption and nano molecules that are 1000x finer* for deeper penetration into your skin, so that the powerful whitening ingredient, Omega White-C, can work faster and more effectively. With nano-happy skin, you'll get fairer much faster. And that's a reality."
Image courtesy of Nanowhite Malaysia

Nanowhite Awakening Snow Wash 100g
RM 16.85 @ Watsons / Guardian / Aeon Wellness

It is a "snowy" or creamy cleanser that moisturizes as it cleanses without stripping off your skin's natural protective barrier. Also Infused with happy dermalogy TM and nano-technology to give your skin a happy glow, leaving it fairer, refreshed and renewed.

INGREDIENTS

Water, Glycerin, Myristic Acid, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Lauramide DEA, Butylene Glycol, PEG-150 Distearate, PEG-75, Decyl Glucoside, Beeswax, Fragrance, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Lecithin, Vitex Agnus Castus Extract, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Tocopherol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclodextrin, Arbutin, Linolenic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glutathione, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT.

active/good ingredients, acne-triggering, unsafe for long-term usage

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

I had been using this cleanser exclusively since my high school into my 3rd university year. It was not because I loved it that much, but I was just hesitated to try out new things due to budget concern. What if the new products didn't suit me at all? And of course, this snow wash has it credits as well. It smells really nice and cleans really well, in fact "too well".

This snow wash will turn into rich foam after lathering, and is sure to remove everything on your face to the point where it strips. After washing, my face immediately felt very tight especially during those years in Canada with the dry and cold weather. I thought this was perfectly normal for individuals with dry skin (I always thought that I had dry skin back then). But, as I gain more knowledge on cleansing products, I realize that this should not be the case. A good cleanser should not dry out your face or make you feel that tight after using. If it does, it means the cleanser is very stripping and may contain some harsh chemicals.

A quick ingredients analysis confirms my finding. A lot of the ingredients present in this cleanser are acne-triggering such as myristic acid (a detergent cleansing agent related to soap which will dry out your skin), palmitic acid, stearic acid and so on. This cleanser also contains BHT, a highly controversial ingredient related to cancer although there is still on-going research about whether or not it can penetrate the skin with low concentration in cosmetic products.

Of course, this cleanser also contains some good stuffs such as ascorbyl glucoside, arbutin and so on brightening agents. But since those are meant to be washed off, I would not elaborate further on that. Good stuffs are always nice though.

I had used at least 10 tubes of this cleanser and not not found any significant brightening effects. It cleansed well, but honestly might not be great for those with normal to dry skin because it was quite harsh and drying. You would get immediately brightening effect after washing your face with this cleanser but the result was not long-lasting, and without sufficient moisturizer, your skin condition would be worse off stripping it everyday with soap detergent. I even noticed fine lines appeared on my skin (not under my eyes) with prolonged usage. Remember I used some 10 tubes of it? I never realized that it was the problem of my cleanser back then (without sufficient knowledge on it too) and I was too young to care.

If you have oily to combination skin, is running on tight budget, and love something that smells nice, this would a good choice for you. But, if you are looking for a gentle cleanser at similar price range, I would rather recommend the Aloe Vera Foam Cleanser from Nature Republic. It is on sales at Hermo now for RM 14.50 and RM 28.00 at Nature Republic Malaysia (they now have 2+1 sales). It was one of the most gentle foam cleanser that I've used. It also appears as the winner at Get it Beauty (a well-known Korean beauty TV show) blind test.

VERDICT

Packaging (7.5/10)
Scent (8.5/10)
Texture (11.25/15)
Cost-Performance (10.5/15)
Ingredients (11.8/20)
Efficacy (15/30)

64.55%
normal and is less satisfactory than it should be
would never repurchase


Nanowhite Refining Treatment Toner 200ml
RM 21.10 @ Watsons / Guardian / AEON Wellness


This treatment toner tightens and refines pores. It's packed with Happy Dermalogy TM, nano technology, omega white C, allantoin, orange extract, lemon extract and bilberry extract to balance out your skin. An astringent.

INGREDIENTS

Water, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Sodium Lactate, Allantoin, Fragrance, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

I have a drying date with this toner. In case if you wonder, this is not the typical Korean treatment toner that are much raved about recently. Quite contrary, this is the classical Western style toner, close to an astringent. Astringent is sort of like your second cleansing step as double cleansing (makeup remover + foam cleanser) is not a common practice in the West. It also balances out your pH level and can constrict pores after cleansing. The problem with astringent is that it is not very hydrating, and can be quite drying since it may contain alcohol or surfactants. This toner, I believe, is an astringent. It tingles whenever I use, and has a strong alcohol kind of smell (although it doesn't contain any alcohol). 

I had been using this exclusively for 3-4 years. Not on a daily basis because I dislike its tingling effect, but still use it because I thought that toner is a must in skincare. I often felt that my skin was better off without this toner. And I guess I was probably right. 

Despite my rather unpleasant experience with this toner, I'm quite impressed by the amount of good stuffs packed in this little bottle at this price. It contains witch hazel (although improperly handled witch hazel extract can cause more problems than providing skincare benefits), a potent astringent, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and skin-balancer. It also comes with loads of other botanical extracts such as bilberry, sugar cane, sugar maple, orange and lemon which are mostly for exfoliating and skin renewing purposes. No wonder it is so stripping! There isn't a lot of moisturizers here to compensate the dryness though.

Having said that, this would a good choice for those looking for an astringent, have oily to combination skin, use a non-waterproof sunscreen without a makeup remover, and are running low on budget. If you have normal to dry skin and are looking for a hydrating toner, I would highly recommend Hadalabo Lotion (Toner) which is about RM 40-45 on sales. The Hadalabo has thicker texture so can probably last you for a longer time compared to this Nanowhite toner. Alternatively, I have heard that Thayers witch hazel toner is good although I've never used one.

VERDICT

Packaging (6.2/10)
Scent (5.2/10)
Texture (10.35/15)
Cost-Performance (10.8/15)
Ingredients (16/20)
Efficacy (18.6/30)

67.15%
normal and is less satisfactory than it should be
would never repurchase

Nanowhite Cell Moist Whitenor 40ml
RM 33.80 @ Watsons / Guardian / AEON Wellness


This essence in cream is specially formulated to provide fairer skin by evening and toning up your complexion. Infused with Happy Dermalogy TM, omega white C and nano peptide, it is an incredibly light essence that replenishes depleted moisture deep into your cells.

INGREDIENTS

Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Lecithin, Vitex Agnus Castus Extract, Glycerin, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Tocopherol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclodextrin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Fragrance, Arbutin, Linolenic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glutathione, Bisabolol, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Allantoin

active/good ingredients, acne-triggeringunsafe for long-term usage, preservatives

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

This is a unique, 2-in-1 essence in cream product for those who are looking for less skincare steps and budget. The texture of this product is somewhere between cream and essence, more to the cream side. It is a essence-rich, light-cream type product.

My experience with this whitenor was just the same as the cleanser and toner - very drying. It stung everytime I spread it on my face. It was not very moisturizing, nothing more than adding a moist layer of cream on my face. I didn't feel that the deeper layer of my skin was moisturized.

Ingredients-wise, the whitenor has a lot of brightening agents and antioxidants which are great for its brightening claim. Of course, there are a lot of problematic ingredients as well, among which the amount of preservatives are stunning.

This smells like its cleanser, which they call "happy aroma" which is quite pleasant. However, texture-wise, this might not be the best cream to have on your face since it irritates and dries out your skin. I've tried Pure Beauty Pink Pudding Cream at the counter. At similar price range RM 30-40, I feel that this cream has much better texture than the Nanowhite whitenor and smells nicer as well! Of course, I haven't done any deeper look into the ingredients of the Pudding Cream so I can't make a better comparison reviews on that.

In short, if you have tight budget, want an essence in cream product, doesn't get irritated by the cream, have oily to combination skin and love the smell of this product, you could definitely try it out. Although my personal experience with this product is negative, but this doesn't necessary apply to everyone. Definitely do some patch test before buying if you are concerned.

VERDICT

Packaging (7.2/10)
Scent (7.2/10)
Texture (10.95/15)
Cost-Performance (10.2/15)
Ingredients (11.8/20)
Efficacy (18.6/30)

65.95%
normal and is less satisfactory than it should be
would never repurchase

Nanowhite Omega Day Shield SPF50 PA++ 35ml
RM 31.70 @ Watsons / Guardian / AEON Wellness


A light-weighted and non-greasy sunscreen infused with Happy Dermalogy TM, nano technology and omega white C to shield your skin from both UVA and UVB damages. It does not clog pores and will deliver noticeable results in 3 days. To be used after moisturizer. For day use only.

INGREDIENTS

Water, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Hydroxystearic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Fructan, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Glyceryl Stearate, Tribehenin PEG-20 Esters, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Cetyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Arbutin, Linolenic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glutathione, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Vitex Agnus Castus Extract, Glycerin, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Tocopherol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclodextrin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Silanediol Salicylate, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Saponaria Officinalis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Asparagopsis Armata Extract, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) oil, PEG-35 Castor Oil, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Propylene Glycol

active/good ingredients, acne-triggering/irritatingunsafe for long-term usage

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

I didn't like this sunscreen, at all. You can read my older post ranting about it. It was in fact a very drying and patchy sunscreen to use like it can never be well absorbed.

Of course, I didn't realize the need to apply sunscreen when I was younger. I used to apply it once or twice per week, or even lesser, mostly due to my strong aversion to this sunscreen. It came in a white liquid that was quite THICK and DRYING. Like, a layer of something dry to dry out my skin later. Liquid power, if I have to describe.

Also, I had been receiving different responses from sales girl when trying to buy this sunscreen. Some told me that I needed to use a makeup remover (i.e. their cleansing milk); some said water was sufficient to remove the sunscreen. I was confused. In the end, I opted to buy their cleansing milk as a safer option. If you ask me now, I would say that their toner was sufficient to remove the sunscreen as a second cleansing step, but you will need to use a cotton pad for that purpose.

As a sunscreen containing oxycinnamate, titanium dioxide, and avobenzone, I was shocked that it was only labelled SPF50 PA++. I thought the avobenzone should be sufficient to bring the PA factor to +++. If you are not aware, a good sunscreen should come with at least SPF30+ (to protect you from tanning and getting sunburn) and a PA+++ (to prevent premature aging and hyper-pigmentation) for the big sun in Malaysia. Normally, a sunscreen labelled SPF50 is at least PA+++ but this one has two. What a big disappointment.

Lastly, this suncreen is definitely not something that I would recommend. Unless you have oil skin of course, you can try this, but the Biore Watery Essence or many other Biore sunscreens are much better options at similar prices. If you are looking for a matte finish sunscreen, I am sure a lot of Biore or Sunplay sunscreens can do that job, just look for those labelled "powdery finish".

VERDICT

Packaging (7.5/10)
Scent (6.9/10)
Texture (6/15)
Cost-Performance (9.75/15)
Ingredients (14.4/20)
Efficacy (6/30)

50.55%
weak and is below my expectation
would never repurchase

Nanowhite Microfoliating Clay Cleanser 100g
RM 19.00 @ Watsons / Guardian / AEON Wellness


A clay mask and cleanser two in one product designed to provide fairer skin through gentle exfoliating process. It contains fine particles of natural sea clay to cleanse impurities trapped within the pores. Also smooths uneven patches and boosts skin renewal for a brighter and crystal clear complexion.

INGREDIENTS

Water, Glycerin, Myristic Acid, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Tanakura Clay, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Lauramide DEA, Butylene Glycol, PEG-150 Distearate, PEG-75, Decyl Glucoside, Beeswax, Fragrance, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Vitex Agnus Castus Extract, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Tocopherol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclodextrin, Arbutin, Linolenic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glutathione, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

My most memorable part of this clay cleanser is how a friend of mine stopped me from buying it at Watsons counter, citing how this clay cleanser had caused her great troubles. She had rough and oily-combo skin, and had been using this clay cleanser for 2 weeks thinking that it was a gentle clay cleanser with exfoliation and deep-cleansing properties. Labels and instructions could be deceiving, I guess. Of course, it didn't really stop me from buying probably because I had dry skin, unlike her who had oily skin and I promised her that I wouldn't use it on a daily basis.

Turned out, this clay cleanser had failed me. It was quite harsh and drying on my face, which of course I was misled into believing that it was normal for someone with "dry skin" like me. Most sales girl repeated that when I asked them why this clay cleanser hurt when I massaged it on my face (in wet condition!). Those fine particles in this clay cleanser practically just glided through my face scarring every inch of skin it'd been. I used to think that this was how scrub functioned and that scrub was an important part of skincare regime. However, with my newer understanding on AHA and BHA, as well as other more gentle way of removing dead skin cells, I realize that this is hardly necessary. In fact, scrub does more damages than goods to your skin especially those with fine particles

If you are looking for a scrub at similar price range, I highly recommend Skinfood Rice Wash-off Pack. This thing smells nice and doesn't cause as much harm on my face. Alternatively, Cosrx's AHA Whitehead Power Liquid and BHA Blackhead Power Liquid were cool things to try as well. Innisfree Volcanic Pore Clay Mask was another famous wash-off clay mask to remove debris without the harms of fine particles. 

Again, another not-so-impressive clay cleanser from this brand. Of course, my verdict doesn't spell the end of the world for this product. You could try it yourself if you want, given the cheap prices and nice smell. I am just giving my honest opinion and personal recommendation. After all, Nanowhite has been my loyal companion through my teens into young adults. It is more than just a memory for me.

VERDICT

Packaging (7.5/10)
Scent (7.5/10)
Texture (9.75/15)
Cost-Performance (10.8/15)
Ingredients (12/20)
Efficacy (18/30)

65.55%
normal and is less satisfactory than it should be
would never repurchase

Nano White Polishing Renewal Exfoliator 60g
RM 30.60 @ Caring / Watsons / Guardian / AEON Wellness


A gentle peeling gel intended for skin renewing and regeneration without drastic measures of chemical peeling, cosmetic surgery or laser. This miraculous gel works by dissolving blackheads and removing dead skin cells within minutes of massage and bring debris to surface in tiny lumps for easy wash-off. Contains powerful anti-aging ingredient Idebenone.

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

Another scrub type product from this brand, this time gentler with its light-gel texture. Unlike its clay cleanser, Nanowhite advises that you use this only once or twice a week. It smells very strong and chemical though. The light gel can transform into tiny lumps like how you rub your cleansers when you rub it on your face. I don't think those lumps are your dead skin cells, as I read from many articles before, they merely create an illusion of your dead skin cells being washed off from your face. Those light gel would form an equal amount of lumps whenever I rubbed it on the back of my hand, on the same area. Does that mean I have that much amount of dirts even after scrubbing within just 1-2 minutes? I don't think so.

In term of effectiveness, I don't think this gel scrub has done any major improvement to my skin. My blackheads did not lessen, my complexion remained the same after using it. The harms of over-scrubbing my face with physical exfoliant were definitely greater than the goods.

Unless you enjoy seeing its turning into lumps on your face, otherwise I would not recommend.

VERDICT

Packaging (7.2/10)
Scent (5.8/10)
Texture (9/15)
Cost-Performance (8.7/15)
Ingredients (N/A)
Efficacy (15/30)

57.13%
weak and is below my expectation
would never repurchase

Nano White Intensive De-Pigmentor
discontinued and reformulated as Nano White Intensive De-Pigmentor Serum 30ml
RM 63.50 @ Soukai / Rakuten / Watsons / Guardian / Caring / AEON Wellness


This de-pigmentor is an intensive whitening concentrate to clear out stubborn brown spots, acne marks and other skin discoloration. Its lightweight texture can penetrate your skin fast and achieve a more radiant complexion with continuous usage. It is said to help reducing stubborn spots by up to 95%, acne marks by up to 97%, freckles by up to 98% and an general improvement in skin tone.

INGREDIENTS

Water, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Dimethicone, Tricaprin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Sea Water, Phenoxyethanol, Palmaria Palmata Extract, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Sodium Citrate, Peg-40 Castor Oil, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium Edta, Fragrance, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Methylisothiazolinone, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Maltodextrin, Chlorphenesin

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

I bought this de-pigmentor to lighten freckles on my face. However, due to my lack of passion towards using a sunscreen, my freckles do not lessen, only worsen.

Active ingredients here are rice bran oil and magnesium ascorbyl phosphate to do the brightening work. I didn't see any more reputable melanin breaking-down ingredients such as arbutin, tranexamic acid, vitamin C or niacinamide. Of course, rice bran oil has been found to slow the process of melanin synthesis in your skin but it works more like a sunscreen or a hinderant rather than a cure. There is also studies showing that rice bran oil stimulates hormones production to do the above-mentioned miracles hence risking tumours triggering by skewing hormone levels. However, no studies link this ingredient to carcinogenic toxins in human. 

Since I didn't get any benefits from it, I wouldn't say that I recommend or ban it. I wasn't that keen on protecting my skin from sun in those earlier ages. The ingredients used here are quite new, which might be an alternative for those who want to try something other vitamin C, arbutin, tranexamic acid and niacinamide. A big concern was the use of methylisothiazolinone, an preservative that might lead to nerve damage. Studies on the harmful effect of methylisothiazolinone are still not finalized, otherwise it would have banned from use at all cost. However, for someone who've read these scientific articles myself, and saw how CosDNA flagged it red, I would choose the safer option, which is to stay away from it until we know more. 

If you ask what are the current anti-freckles I use now, I have done a review on Cloud 9 Blanc De White Cream, and is testing out Belif Skin Regeneration Mask as well as It's Skin Prestige Creme D'escargot. I've also bought Ciracle C21.5 Vitamin C Serum. Cloud9 and Ciracle priced almost the same as the Nanowhite De-Pigmentor.

VERDICT

Packaging (7.3/10)
Scent (7.5/10)
Texture (11.25/15)
Cost-Performance (9.3/15)
Ingredients (13.8/20)
Efficacy (12/30)

61.15%
normal and is less satisfactory than it should be
would never repurchase

Nanowhite Clarifying Cleansing Milk 200ml
RM 21.10 @ WatsonsGuardian / Caring / AEON Wellness


This cleansing milk is a light, non-greasy makeup remover enriched with Happy Dermalogy TM and omega white C. It removes all traces of impurities and makeup, leaving your skin feeling fresh and clean without stripping its natural protective film.

INGREDIENTS

Water, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Glyceryl Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Ceteareth-12, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Niacinamide, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Fragrance, Benzophenone-3, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

active ingredients, sunscreen, problematic ingredients

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

Before we begin, let me shout: WHY DID YOU USE SUNSCREEN ACTIVES IN CLEANSING MILK??? WHY???

Ok, I am calmed. Let's continue.

This cleansing milk has milky lotion type texture. It is meant to be the makeup remover in Nanowhite, and is quite gentle compared the other cleansing type products in Nanowhite.

Honestly, I didn't use many bottles of it, simply because I was too lazy to apply sunscreen, so I didn't want to elaborate further on that. In my memory, it was not bad but not impressive. Guess that's all I can say about this product.

(Hey! Please don't throw that chair on me.)

VERDICT

Packaging (6.8/10)
Scent (6.8/10)
Texture (10.8/15)
Cost-Performance (9.75/15)
Ingredients (13/20)
Efficacy (N/A)

67.36%
 normal and is less satisfactory than it should be
would not repurchase

Nanowhite Eye Brightener 15ml
RM 27.45 @ Watsons Guardian / Caring / AEON Wellness


This fragrance-free treatment eye gel will dramatically lighten eye circles and dark rings. It also contains herbs with excellent decongestant properties such as chamomile, centella, and acti firm complex to boost skin's collagen and elastin. Even wrinkles, fine lines and crow's feet are significant diminished with the use of this.

INGREDIENTS

Water, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) WaterBetaine, Pentylene Glycol, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae ExtractRhodiola Rosea Root ExtractGlycerin, Butylene Glycol, Yeast ExtractTriethanolamine, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) ExtractAloe Barbadensis Leaf JuiceOpuntia Streptacantha Stem ExtractLecithinArbutinLinolenic AcidLinoleic AcidTocopheryl AcetateAscorbyl PalmitateGlutathione, Tetrasodium EDTA, Vitex Agnus Castus Extract, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate,Tocopherol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclodextrin, Alcohol, Sodium HyaluronateAscorbyl Glucoside, Bioflavonoids, Algae Extract, Panthenol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Carnitine, CaffeineCentella Asiatica ExtractTEA-SalicylateMethylisothiazolinone

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

I didn't use repurchase this eye cream. I used this simply because I believed that eye cream was a compliment to the whole set of Nano skincare range that I've had but this eye cream was hardly necessary for me at that time (aged 18). I couldn't recall the texture of this eye cream, only remembered it to be creamy, smelled really nice and non-sticky. This eye cream is packed with numerous good ingredients, among which are really nice antioxidant and cell renewing agents but again still with the bad-famed preservative methylisothiazolinone that I strove to avoid. A "meh" eye cream for me, but not necessary so for others. Try it at your own legacy.

VERDICT

Packaging (7/10)
Scent (7.8/10)
Texture (11.25/15)
Cost-Performance (10.5/15)
Ingredients (13/20)
Efficacy (21/30)

70.55%
good and is within my expectation
would not repurchase

Nanowhite Day Cream 40ml
RM 38.05 @ Watsons / Guardian / Caring / AEON Wellness


This miracle day cream works to moisturize, renew, protect your skin from sun damage and brighten. Unlike ordinary moisturizer, its light texture enable skincare actives to be absorbed fully without leaving greasy finish. Skin feeling moisturized even hours after application.

INGREDIENTS

Water, Ethylhexyl MethoxycinnamateEthylhexyl Salicylate, Glyceryl Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Silica, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Titanium DioxidePhenylbenzimidazole Sulfonic Acid, Mineral Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene glycol, PEG-100 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Sea Water, PEG-75 Stearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Bisabolol, Xanthan Gum, Ceteth-20, Fragrance, Steareth-20, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Sodium CitrateTocopheryl AcetatePalmaria Palmata Extract, Polysorbate-20, Magnesium Ascorbyl PhosphateAloe Barbadensis Leaf JuiceMaltodextrinAscorbic AcidMethylisothiazolinoneTocopherols, Chlorphenesin

{active ingredients, sunscreen, acne-triggering/irritating, harmful ingredients}

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

Well, I realize that I would never praise any of Nanowhite products in this review. Not just because I'd moved on from them (in fact, I'd also moved on from Hadalabo at this point of time but would still praise many Hadalabo products that I've used), but because I was truly disappointed of their products. I didn't know why I used them continually for a few years before. Perhaps my skin was too strong back then to truly see the damages that they'd incurred on me. Now let's go back to this day cream. This was another product that I didn't like from Nanowhite. And the reason was simple. When I got this product, it had already deteriorated, no longer cream-like, sort of like solidified and hardened. I didn't realize that, thought that it was normal for a day cream, ended up "poisoning" a friend of mine. I had this cream on his face, thought that it would help him see the benefits of skincare, but it broke him out badly that made him to avoid all forms of skincare ever since then. When I found out that my day cream may be potentially deteriorated while it was on the shelf, I tried going back to either Watsons or Guardian (I didn't remember) to ask for a replacement but was told that I would not be able to do any of these since I'd lost my receipt and it was "perfectly normal for cream to emulsify after you opened it". OK, I got fed up. This day cream ended up in my rubbish bin. And I would never buy the night cream due to my bad experience with this day cream. This was also one of the triggering points for me to move on to Hadalabo. 

VERDICT

Packaging (6.8/10)
Scent (7.2/10)
Texture (7.5/15)
Cost-Performance (10.2/15)
Ingredients (11.6/20)
Efficacy (7.5/30)

50.8%
weak and is below my expectation
would never repurchase

Nanowhite Hydrating Whitening Mask 100g


This whitening mask is infused with nano technology to remove all impurities before they breed blemishes. Its gentle self-renewing formula restores skin's optimum moisture balance and reduces minor marks, revealing a fair and translucent vibrancy.

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

I only bought this mask once. It was too drying for my liking. I thought it was a clay mask before, as it stripped and deep cleansed. Turned out, this was just a whitening creamy washoff pack. U could try this if u have oily combo skin and need some extra cleansing, definitely not normal to dry skin. 

VERDICT

Packaging (7/10)
Scent (7.2/10)
Texture (8.7/15)
Cost-Performance (9/15)
Ingredients (N/A)
Efficacy (9/30)

51.13%
weak and is below my expectation

would never repurchase



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...