1 Sep 2015

Review: Innisfree Green Tea Cleansing Water


It's not a secret that cleansing is the most important part of our skincare regime. Without properly cleaning your face, skincare actives will be blocked at the entrance and cannot go any deeper into your skin and do their jobs. The same goes for makeup -- your makeup will fit better onto your skin if you have flawless complexion. Like how you prefer drawing on a clean paper instead of a dirty one. And if you don't do your cleansing properly, you will be getting all the terrible consequences -- from premature-aging, dullness, blackheads to acne. So, it's really time to start taking the cleansing step seriously now.

In fact, I have been practicing double cleansing before I know that this concept exists -- the moment I learned that sunscreen should be removed with a makeup remover. You guys know that I hate sunscreen (I have reiterated on that many times before in my previous posts) and anything beyond that including makeups. So, the idea of not properly removing all sunscreen of my face at night grosses me out.

Since I rarely put on makeup, my double cleanse is very simple, it is either "sunscreen-only" or "sunscreen-and-more":

  • [sunscreen-only]: cleansing water/gel + foam cleanser 
  • [sunscreen-and-more]: cleansing oil/sherbet cleanser+ foam cleanser 
  • [no-sunscreen-weekends]: foam cleanser only 

So far, my favourite cleansing oil/sherbet cleanser is Banila Co Clean it Zero. I have a few cleansing water/gel in my favourites list though: Senka Perfect Gel, Innisfree Green Tea Cleansing Water, and Nature Republic Jeju Sparkling Cleansing Water. I am a picky customer when it comes to choosing the right cleansing water/gel/oil for my skin. I prefer something watery, non-sticky, easy-to-wash, gentle and will leave my face feeling clean.

Today, I am going to share with you guys one of my favourite cleansing water -- the Innisfree Green Tea Cleansing Water.


The Cleansing Water comes in a fresh-green-leafs colour (I love the colour!). The packaging is very sturdy, filled with nicely scented watery liquid, with a pump on top which makes it convenient for you to pump the adequate amount that you need. Personally, I find that 2-3 pumps are sufficient to cover your whole face. I prefer to use a cotton pad instead of my bare hands for cleansing water -- it can gentle exfoliate and remove dirts and impurities better that way.




This Cleansing Water can remove most dirts, debris, sunscreen, foundation and light-makeup but not point-makeups, especially lip tints and waterproof gel liner. Although I highly recommend that you guys use a cleansing oil or cleansing balm for makeup removing, you can still use this with a eyes and lips makeup remover. For me, it's very clear-cut: cleansing water = sunscreen, dirts and debris; cleansing oil/balm = foundation+++.

The whole bottle lasts me for about 6 months on once-a-day, 2-3 pumps basis. RM 49.00/6 = RM 8.20 per month. It is still worth it for your cleaner complexion.

HOW TO USE

>> place a cotton pad on top of the pump and gently press downward
>>use the wet cotton pad to gently swipe across your face
>>you can finish by only washing with water whenever you feel that your skin is dry


CLAIMS

The Innisfree Green Tea Cleansing Water is made of freshly squeezed green tea water from organically grown fresh green tea leaves rich in amino acids and minerals. It can moisturize and brighten your skin while cleansing.

#moisturizing ✔
#easily washable ✔
#remove sunscreen, bb cream and light point-makeups O
#no need to use a cleansing foam afterwards O

INGREDIENTS
(click here for my Cosdna profile)

Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Propanediol, Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Butylene Glycol, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Extract, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Opuntia Coccinellifera Fruit Extract, Orchid Extract, Camellia Japonica Leaf Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance

INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS

This cleansing water contains no water, instead it's green tea leaf extract (water). The ingredients list is rather clean, with a few marked “3/5" (these are also the only cleansing agents in this cleansing water) on hazardous scale (a score of 1-2 are considered safe).

There is a lot of botanical extracts here, but only a few are well-researched on their skincare benefits. Green tea is a popular anti-oxidant and moisturizer. Witch hazel leaf extract, depending on its extracting method, with excellent anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, anti-acne and moisturizer properties. It might cause serious irritation if not properly handled. The same goes to grapefruit extract which is a great astringent and anti-acne agent (with its exfoliating properties) but will also cause irritation to certain individuals. Other citruses are mostly flavouring agent, preservative or fragrance.

Those highlighted in green are botanical extracts normally found in Innisfree products -- tangerine, satsuma orange, cactus and orchid. These botanical extracts have some Taiwanese research backing their skincare benefits but I found limited English-written research confirming their skincare benefits so I won't elaborate on that.


Packaging ★★★★
Texture ★★
Application ★
Scent ★★★★☆
Ingredients ★★★★
Performance ★★

CONCLUSION

I love how convenient this cleansing water is. Makeup removing is the first thing I do when I go home tiredly everyday so it's cool that I don't need extra hassles to remove all the dirts from my face. Many have complained that this cleansing water stings when it gets into your eyes but honestly I never have such experience -- of course, I never try to get it into my eyes as I only use it to remove my sunscreen and dusts. Also, as you can see from the two experiments illustrated above, this cleansing water cannot remove lip tints and waterproof eyeliner, so it is pointless to use it for point-makeups removing.

This cleansing water is very light-weighted, unlike the Innisfree Apple Juice Cleansing Oil which I really don't like for its greasiness. It is not completely watery like water, more like watery oil though. It leaves a very thin layer of oil on my skin, which explains why it can remove even bb cream and eyeshadow. For dry skin, it says that it is OK to use it without a cleansing foam but I don't like that layer of greasiness on my face so I still follow up with a cleansing foam. I also want to make sure that I don't leave any surfactant on my face by just washing them with plain water.

One bottle of this can last you for a very long time (~6 months). Although it costs RM 49, if you divide by the volume, you only pay less than RM 10 per month, similar to or cheaper than many local brands that don't smell as nice, or not as moisturizing or as effective as this one. Even the Senka Perfect Gel (RM 19 @ Watsons) that I really like can only last me for 3 months and has no nice scent. So, Innisfree Green Tea Cleansing Water is not that expensive considering the amount of products it has inside.

In short, this is an above-average cleansing water that smells nice, convenient to utilize, moisturizing and gentle but effective.




You can get this from: Innisfree Malaysia | Hermo
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...