4 Aug 2015

Review: Ryoe Cheongamo Scalp Deep Cleansing Shampoo + Rinse

As mentioned in my previous post, I am very particular when it comes to haircare, due to my terrible scalp condition (infected, dry and flaky and itchy) as well as tangled and fizzy long hair. As such, I can't just use a deep-cleansing shampoo to solve all my problem because although it can detoxify my scalp, it will really dry out my hair. I have tried quite a lot, from Clear, Head & Shoulders, Dove anti-dandruff to Tsubaki head spa. Except for Tsubaki (which I finished two bottles), I gave up on the rest not even half bottle emptied. They make my hair super dry and frizzy. However, if I only use nourishing shampoos such as Dove oil-care or Mise en Scene Pearl Shining, they didn't soothe and detoxify my troubled scalp. See the dilemma? So after learning about Ryoe, a korean oriental herbal haircare brand from hermo (OK, I am not paid to do any advertisement for Hermo, I just used to shop with them a lot in the past year), I was thinking "why don't I give it a try", which is why I ended up with this Ryoe Cheongamo scalp-deep cleansing shampoo and conditioner set. It is often referred to as the green Ryoe as well.




if you look carefully, there are green particles in the greenish liquid. They are the active ingredients that deep cleanse your scalp.



the shampoo is very slippery and easy to foam


if you are curious about the back of the shampoo: they are all in Korean language, so I can't get the ingredients list


the conditioner: it has a very watery and non-greasy texture, just like a watery cream but much lighter than that. 

DURATION

I have finished using the entire shampoo set. I finished the conditioner first when the shampoo still has 15% left. 

Starting date: 1/1/2015
Finishing date: 3/5/2015 (8/6/2015 for the shampoo)
Period: 4.0~5.0 months (once per day)

CLAIMS

This scalp-deep cleansing shampoo and conditioner is designed specifically for individuals with dry hair and itchy scalp. The green particles can deep cleanse your scalp; whereas bupyung cho extract can control sebum production on your scalp. Other active ingredients include gingko extract that removes scalp's dead skin cells and chestnut extract that relives stress on your scalp. 

#scalp sebum-control
#suppress problematic reactive elements on your scalp
#dandruff care
#deep cleansing


Packaging ★★★☆
Texture ★★★
★☆
Application ★★
Scent ★
Ingredients ★
Performance ★★

CONCLUSION

In short, I think this shampoo set worths every cent you are paying for. I bought it at RM 70.00 from Hermo for both the shampoo and rinse and they both lasted me a good three to four months. I used this everyday for the first two months, and subsequently reduced the frequency when my scalp condition stabilized. I noticed that if I used it everyday even when my scalp was OK, it will dry out my hair condition and cause flaky scalp. As long as my scalp is itchy again, I will always resort to this and it rarely if not never disappoints me. It soothes, calms and cools down my troubled scalp after washing. Most importantly, its conditioner (rinse) works like magic! The Cheongamo rinse has a watery texture that is totally non-greasy but it can effectively moisturize your hair and make it soft and silky. I have never used a conditioner that is non-greasy but works so well on moisturizing my hair. The Ryoe Cheongamo rinse is the first and only conditioner that feels so light-weighted on my hair yet so moisturizing. Fantastic I would say! For individuals with troubled scalp problem like mine, I would highly recommend this shampoo set to you. However, for individuals with normal scalp, I think this is not necessary considering the price. I always believe that Dove (retails at RM 17.90 for 375ml) is a much economic alternative.


You can get this from: Hermo
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...