17 May 2015

Review: Innisfree Green Tea Seed Cream


I bought this Innisfree Green Tea Seed Cream from Hermo during their sales event, as a good compliment to my other green tea products (seed serum, balancing skin, and balancing lotion). I often use skincare from the same series to find out whether or not they work for me, especially for new products that I'd never used before. Mixing products are not necessarily bad, depending on your needs and skin conditions, but it may make it hard to identify which improves your skin and which doesn't so I tend to buy the same sets of products from the same brand. 

Most Innisfree's cream comes in a garden pot design. This might not be good for hygienic reason (excessive exposure to the open air), but really fits the brand eco ideology.



The cream comes with a thin lid for added protection. I don't think this is very useful anyway. It will just stick to the cap after your first use.


It has a very creamy texture, not sticky but somewhat oily. It gets absorbed really fast though, so it wouldn't make your skin oily, only moisturized and supple.


As you can see, it is kinda oily. I am not sure does someone with oily skin can use this, but it works well on my dry skin, much much better than the Nature Republic Super Aqua Max Watery Cream. I feel that the Watery Cream creates an oily coat on my skin whereas this one creates a watery one. The cream is very easy to spread. The shining layer as seen above disappears very soon, leaving my skin with a dewy finish


Tah-dah! Empty bottle. I used this once per day, only in the morning, before my sunscreen.

Started using on: 1 January 2015
Finished on: 16 May 2015
Duration: 4.5 months (once per day)

CLAIMS


This anti-oxidative cream claims that it has dual moisture-rising technology from green tea and green tea seed oil, where the green tea water provides deep hydration and the green tea seed oil creates a strong moisture carrier. 

I guess that explains the non-sticky, non-irritating creamy (slightly oily) texture!

#deep moist

#nourishment
#refreshing



INGREDIENTS
(click here for ingredients analysis)

Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (green tea), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propanediol, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Camellia Sinensis Seed Oil, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Epigallocatechin Gallate, Opuntia Coccinellif.Era Fruit Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Camellia Japonica Leaf Extract, Orchid Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Extract, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Extract, Tocophersolan, Poloxamer 338, Poloxamer 235, Ethoxydiglycol, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polysilicone-11, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Cholesterol, Carbomer, Peg-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Caprylate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Kaolin, Butylene Glycol, Water, Tromethamine, Disodium Edta, Fragrance



INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS


Come! Let's count how many ingredients here are flagged blue? Quickly go through the list I can see that blue occupies some 30% of the whole list - your slip agents, humectants, and emollients. So you might have guessed that this is going to be a good moisturizing cream with that amount of moisturizers in here. 


If you see the illustrations above, despite its greasy texture, this cream gets absorbed very well. In fact, much better than Nature Republic Super Aqua Max Combination Cream in my personal opinion. The Nature Republic one, despite all the raves, forms a greasy emollient layer on my skin surface whereas this Innisfree one gets absorbed into my skin and fight dryness from the inside of my skin. I would call it a oil cream for the texture, but a very very moisturizing and non-greasy oil cream.



Main ingredient here is green tea leaf extract and green tea seed oil. Innisfree is never a stingy brand despite its good prices. Instead of using water as the main ingredients, Innisfree promises you that this little jar will be exactly like it is named - a green tea seed cream. Apart from green tea goodies, you also get a bunch of innisfree extracts like cactus extract, tangerine extract, camellia extract, orchid extract, orange extract and so on. I enjoy having these on my skin, although some of them contain fragrance and may cause some issues for those with sensitive skin. The key is - always patch test your skincare if you have sensitive skin. Get a sample from the Innisfree store or something to make sure that you don't end up wasting your whole jar.


As for other ingredients that are neither blue (moisturizers) or bold (active/good ingredients), they are pretty safe. Except for a few like cetearyl alcohol (which I've seen in many products), the ingredients look like they won't cause major troubles even for those with acne-prone or sensitive skin. Of course, I've had friends getting sensitive responses to some of Innisfree products so I do not guarantee that these are good for those with sensitive skin issues. As for me, I LOVE this cream. It is by far one of my holy-grail moisturizers! The smell, the texture and such. I even love this better than the Green Tea Seed Serum.

Packaging ★★★
Texture ★★★
Application ★★★
Scent ★★★★
Ingredients ★★★
Performance ★★

CONCLUSION

In short, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this cream! It has a unique texture, oily as it may seem but gets absorbed almost instantly. You can't say that this cream is not an emollient as it still leaves a layer of thin oil finish on your skin to lock in moisture. You also can't say that this is light because it is definitely not close to a watery cream and is heavier than being a light cream. So, this is a cream that is both moisturizing, non-heavy-duty, leaves an oily layer but is totally non-greasy. A perfect cream for summer-time use.


I started using this in 1 January 2015 and this is a updated review on 22 December 2015 yet I have not found any other cream that can replace it. My another all-time favourite is Belif Aqua Bomb has a completely different texture. The Aqua bomb is more like a light watery cream whereas this one is a light oil cream if you get the difference. I have used some 7-8 creams (most I have not finished of course) thus-far and couldn't find a replacement for this. I even bought a few backups since I love this so much.



As for effectiveness, this cream works like magic especially in air-conditioned room. It retains moisture on my face and prevents it from producing oil due to dryness (my skin gets oily when it is dehydrated) even for the whole 8 hours in my super cold office. No other creams or serums can do this. Even the Seed Serum can't. I enjoy every bit of this cream until its last drop. That's how much I love it. Muaaaahhh!

(UPDATED: Feb/2017) I actually went back to this cream some time last year during the Green Christmas event held by Innisfree. I bought their 100ml limited edition, wanted to experience again its creamy but non-sticky texture. However, since I have tried a lot more moisturizing creams now, this has become something like a disappointment of some kind. It is still creamy, highly emollient, and easily absorbed but I somehow find it a bit too rich. It is like giving me a lot of moisture but not really hydration. It is still a great product for beginner but may not be so for those who have tried tonnes of lightweight but moisturizing cream. I still like it, but won't love it as much as I used to be. And I might not repurchase after I am done with my 100ml one.


You can get this from: Hermo | Innisfree Malaysia | Althea
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...