25 Apr 2015

Review: Innisfree Green Tea Balancing Skin


I am a responsible person (oh, really?). So, if I were to write a review of something, I would make sure that I research thoroughly about the products and their ingredients, and finish using them before writing something about it. That's good in the way that I mean what I say, right? At least I finish using them before I comment that they are either good, or bad. 

The downside of course, is that it will make my blog pretty outdated. Most products I comment on would have been outdated or been on the market for quite some time the moment I start writing about them. Impatient people (like myself) would have already grabbed one before I even post the review. 

Hence, it comes across my head one day that why don't I just kick asides all my insistence and principles and just write a quick-review or mini-review about these products. Just talk about them briefly is better than just storing them high on the shelves, waiting for my mercy one day to finally remember about their existence, and start writing about them, right?

Anyway, enough with all my grumbles and long-windedness. Let's start with our star today, shall we?


The Green Tea Balancing Skin from Innisfree is a light yet hydrating toner. It is not 100% watery with just a little bit of viscosity but is not sticky at all. 

I got this toner for free (sample size, 70ml) when I purchase the Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum for RM 90 at Innisfree Malaysia Sunway Pyramid outlet, which is quite a good bargain. About 1/3 size of this toner lasts me for some 3.5 months only using it in the morning, which is surprisingly long-lasting for a 70ml product. Imagine buying the full size! 

The toner has a pretty green plasticky design with a twisted-open cap. It smells similar to other green tea products from Innisfree, some kind of fresh yet enticing smell (not exactly herby, but not like perfume either). 

In term of effectiveness, I think it does a good job as a hydrating toner that can instantly boost up my skin in the morning. My skin does not produce any oil during the day in my super-air-conditioned office (of course, with the help of green tea seed serum and green tea seed cream), compared to the Nature Republic Super Aqua Max Combination that makes my skin oily every 4-6 hours. 

I think this toner would be most suitable for those in their early to mid-20s. It is light-weighted, yet hydrating enough for those who pretty much have good skin already. It smells wonderful and is considered affordable. Priced at RM 57, it is quite close to a Hada Labo toner. Of course, these two are very different products. I have used both, and feel that Hada Labo is suitable for all age groups even for those in their 30s. Hada Labo contains Sodium Hyaluronic Acid with gentle formula, which is suitable for all skin types whereas Innisfree Green Tea is more targeted at younger skin. The downside of Hada Labo is its boringness: something so gentle and so simple for a curious cat like myself who loves exploring new things! Yea, I have been using Hada Labo for ages since my university years and got so bored of it that I wouldn't even want to use it anymore although its reformulation makes the product really Malaysia-weather-friendly.

So, the bottom line is:


  • this smells like The Body Shop skincare, but less strong and more natural
  • the texture is not 100% watery but slip enough to be absorbed instantly into your skin
  • this product is most suitable for girls/guys in their 20-25, for those 28 and above, use Laneige (but their reformulation looks quite promising though, more hydration and less stickiness, but I am yet to try)
  • don't expect massive anti-aging benefits, this is a moisturizing product
  • this product might cause irritation and sensitivity (my friend "kena", and she has extremely sensitive skin)
  • use this with the Green Tea Seed Serum and Seed Cream for boosted hydration
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...