29 Mar 2015

Comparison Review on Hada Labo Moisturizers: Hydrating Milk, Whitening Milk and Hydrating Cream

candidate 1: Hada Labo Hydrating Milk
candidate 2: Hada Labo Whitening Milk
candidate 3: Hada Labo Hydrating Cream
This comparison review is based on the older version of milk and cream.

There are two types of moisturizers under the hydrating and whitening lines of Hada Labo: milk and cream. In 2015, the milk is renewed and repackaged with lesser amount in it whereas the cream is divided into light cream and watery cream. The milk still retains its older milky and sticky texture whereas the cream is much better formulated with lighter and more Malaysian weather friendly texture.

Hada Labo milk and cream are meant to be used after its toner, which they name Hydrating Lotion. If you are confused with the names, Japanese toner are normally referred to as lotion whereas their moisturizers are normally called milk or cream. This is not without a reason. Most Japanese toners are very hydrating, unlike western astringent-type toner. Their moisturizers are of course even thicker and more heavy-duty than that. As such, I think the Hada Labo toner is already enough for normal to combination skin without the need for its milk. If you want added moisture, I personally recommend their renewed light or watery cream. I've used multiple milky type lotion previously and feel that you don't really need a thick milky lotion like the Hada Labo one for Malaysian weather (or summer-time if you live in a 4-seasons country).

I haven't started blogging when I used the Hada Labo Hydrating Milk and Cream. Hence, I only have the Whitening Milk to show you:


Basically, Hada Labo Hydrating and Whitening Milk are the same. They have milky white texture, concentrated yet watery, easy to spread out, need some time to be fully absorbed and will leave a sticky residue on your face. 



CONCLUSION

I love the brand Hada Labo. I guess a lot of people also do. They represent high cost-performance, simple but effective skincare. Although I really like their toner, I didn't like their moisturizers as much I would like to. I find them too sticky and thick for Malaysian weather. I didn't quite enjoy them even when I was in Canada.

As for the renewed versions for both the lotion and cream, frankly speaking, I wasn't that impressed with the upgraded milky lotion type moisturizers but find the texture of the upgraded cream more users-friendly. LOL. If I were to try Hada Labo moisturizers again in the future, I might choose the watery cream and make a comparison with my beloved Belif Aqua Bomb.


You can get this from: Hada Labo Malaysia | Watsons | Guardian | AEON Wellness
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...