21 Feb 2015

Review: Nature Republic Saccharomyces Ferment The First Essence


Have you heard of the SK-II pitera facial treatment essence? This Nature Republic The First Essence is one of the SK-II fermented essence dupes. Not only does Nature Republic has these dupes, but other brands such as Missha, Innisfree, Secret Key, IOPE also produce something quite similar. These essences are meant to be the first step of your skincare routine, to revitalize your skin and to prepare it for better nutrition absorption. The Nature Republic First Essence does the same thing -- except that it focuses more on brightening your skin rather than simply moisturizing and revitalizing.


I really love the design of this essence. Other First Essences have this heavy glass design too, but this Nature Republic one looks really elegant! 


There is a small opening for you to better control the amount.
  

As you can see, the essence has a very watery texture

It smells very nice, with some herbal - fermented (alcohol kind of) smell. I love it!



This essence is absorbed almost instantly! But since this is very watery, it doesn't provide much nourishment to my skin. Only water flowing through. That's all.

DURATION

Starting date: 5/11/2014
Finishing date: 21/2/2015
Lasting period: 2.5 months (once or twice per day)

INGREDIENTS

Ingredients-wise, I think this first essence is suitable for those with sensitive and acne-prone skin. Browsing through the ingredients list, most of them are anti-irritants with soothing properties.  It also contains some very good plant extracts such as arctium lappa (burdock) root, pursley, kava, licorie root, chinese peony, rosemary, chamomile, lavender, aloe and so on with very good anti-inflammatory properties.

This essence is also good in terms of anti-aging and brightening as well. Key beneficiary ingredients include saccharomyces ferment (cell-renewal) and niacinamide (brightening, anti-aging). Most of the plant extracts also have anti-oxidizing properties. 

However, I notice that there are quite a number of plant-oils added as fragrance (that explains the wonderful smell it has). Although they are listed at the bottom of the list, they might be potentially irritating to certain people. I don't notice a lot of moisturizing agents here except the sodium hyaluronate that is listed at the bottom. 

CLAIMS 

Formulated with 90% saccharomyces ferment, this undiluted (no water content in this essence) essence will turn your skin brighter and transparent. 

#balancing 
#moisturizing
#elasticity
#renewing
#sebum control
#brightening
#calming

Basically, it is a all-you-can-do essence. No matter you have dry skin, normal skin, combination or oily skin, one of its features will suit your needs.

Packaging ★★★★
Texture ★★★★
Scent ★★★★
Ingredients ★★★★☆
Performance ★★★★

CONCLUSION


I can't really make an unbiased comparison about this essence because I have never tried those from other brands. This is also the first fermented essence I have used. Honestly, I like how this feels on my skin, its floral-herbal scent, as well as what it does to my skin. This bottle can last me for some 3 months but I only use it at night with cotton. Nature Republic skincare normally can't last me very long, compared to other skincare I have used such as Hada Labo, Aqualabel and Innisfree. After using this for 1 month or so, one day when I passed by the mirror, I "accidentally" notice that my skin has become brighter and more radiant. Does that mean this work then? With all the goods, this essence has its serious backsides too. I have normal to dry skin, and this essence doesn't moisturize my skin in any way. My skin gets oily after 3-4 hours (I applied this at around 7.00 PM and my skin gets oily at around 10.00 PM). My skin doesn't produce oil unless it is dehydrated. So I am guessing that this essence doesn't supply moisture. Instead, it strips moisture off my skin. Brightening products are drying mostly, I heard? I think for now, I won't repurchase it because it is quite dehydrating. I will try out other first essences before making further judgement.


You can get this from: Nature Republic Malaysia | Hermo
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...