21 Feb 2015

Review: Elizavecca Milky Piggy Origin Ma Cream



I bought this Elizavecca Milky Piggy Origin Ma Cream from a facebook agent months ago along with other Innisfree products. I heard a lot about ma cream (horse oil cream) previously and of course about this brand - Elizavecca. If you have heard of pig collagen mask previously, this ma cream is manufactured by the same company (brand). Since the pig collagen mask is so famous, so when the agent informed me about the sales (originally RM 288.00 from the Korean official website, now at RM 66.00), I didn't have enough time to think much before I grabbed one...


This product has cute packaging.


One thing I appreciate about this product is that it comes with a spatula unlike many other creams.


As you can see, the texture is very thick and creamy. It looks like one of my grandma's oilments. And I must warn you that this ma cream smells really like one of the grandma's cream. It is hard to describe how it smells like, not floral or fragrance, very much like oilment. So those who really care about the smell of cosmetic must think twice before ordering any.


A little swatch - you can see that it is quite concentrated and creamy (even oily). It reminds me of butter!


Not the easiest to spread out but still manageable. 


It requires some effort of patting and rubbing to allow full absorption. The same goes for your face. Don't expect that you can push this cream through your face without patting and massaging. Mission impossible. 

CLAIMS

For people who are not familiar with horse oil cream, horse oil cream is something that you use (traditionally) to reduce scars and skin dryness. It is good for healing, similar to the function of snail cream. I believe that Elizavecca produces this ma cream to compete with the Guerisson 9 Complex Cream, but the quality of their ma cream is totally incomparable to the Guerisson one in my opinion.

Guerisson 9 Complex Cream
#moisture
#repair 
#wrinkle-care
#brightening
#de-pigmentation
#soothing

Packaging ★★★☆
Texture ☆
Application ☆
Scent ★
Performance ☆

CONCLUSION

I regretted rushing into buying this ma cream before properly researching about it. It is not more than a waste of money, and is no where near the famous Guerisson 9 Complex Cream, especially in terms of its texture and quality. I feel that Elizavecca just comes up with this product to gain some market shares with the Claire's Guerisson without properly investing on the product quality.

The cream is very, very oily, it is like applying butter onto your skin, so it doesn't matter if you are dry skin or oily skin, you are feeding your skin butter, nothing more. As for effectiveness, I must reinstate that oily is NOT EQUAL to moisturizing since this one is too creamy to penetrate (unless you pat and pat and pat of course). So I must say that I cannot endorse any of the claims it make, unless if it says "buttering". Now to avoid wasting my RM 70, I just apply it on my elbows and knees. And it doesn't do any magic (or anything good) on these areas too! But The Body Shop Shea Whip Body Lotion does! So, can I say Elizavecca you fail the test?

On another note, RM 70.00 is definitely over-priced for this kind of quality. I saw some Qoo10 seller sells this at RM 29.90, which might be a more reasonable price. Not to mention that the official price for this product is 86,000 KRW. In short, I do not recommend this to anyone, even if it is just RM 29.90.


[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...