5 Feb 2014

Comparison Review: 9 Classic My Beauty Diary Masks


My Beauty Diary masks were one of the earliest masks I encountered during my university years. They are quite famous back then, and remains relevant until this day. The mask is widely available at Watson, Guardian and Sasa outlet at RM 39.90 per box (10 pcs). I have tried out quite a number of flavours, some were quite good but some were just normal. But I wouldn't have high expectation on sheet masks that only costs RM 3.90.






My Beauty Diary Imperial Bird's Nest Mask

Ultra Nourshing
Fashioned by the extracts of premium bird nest - amino acid, collage and polysaccharide, which can penetrate deep into your skin to replenish the moisture. Other active ingredients include oats, brown alga and cosphingo. 

Elasticity and Hyration
Extracts from Hydrocotyle centella, baobab tree and so on can sooth dry and cracked skin, increase its elasticity and give a dewy and elastic look.

Packaging ★★★☆
Application ★★★★☆
Scent ★★★★
Price ★★★★★
Effectiveness ★★★★☆

I have a very good impression on this mask. Its design is very elegant, makes me wonder is this really a mask that only costs you less than RM 5. The mask sheet also felt very good on my skin, the texture of the mask was soft and light, and fitted my skin perfectly. Surprisingly, the mask had a very pleasant and fresh scent. I was so relaxed when I was wearing this mask. It instantly moisturized my skin, and the effect lasted for hours. It just feels like your skin is having bird nest feast! Definitely a repurchase! 


My Beauty Diary Rice Mask

Deep Moisturizing 
The rice extract can revitalize the moisture retention property of our skin, and return our skin to its healthy hydrated skin status. Other active ingredients such as kelp, red alga and other marine polysaccharide function to continuously supplying moisture into the deepest layer of our skin.

Soothing and Refining
Ginkgo leaf and calendula can filter out external damages to our skin and provide soothing effect. The lemon and orange as well as yeast extract can gently exfoliate our skin and further refine our skin.

Packaging ★★★☆
Application ★★★★☆
Scent ★★★★
Price ★★★★★
Effectiveness ★★★★☆

This is another very good moisturizing mask by The Beauty Diary. Although the "exfoliating" claim of this mask is not obvious, but I can feel that my skin is well nourished and moisturized after using the mask. The scent and texture of this mask is very similar to the Imperial's Bird Nest mask mentioned above, which is fresh enough to make you feel as if you are doing facial. Highly recommended!


My Beauty Diary Black Pearl Mask

Optimal Whitening
The black pearl essence from Tahiti with rich vitamins, minerals and amino acids can rapidly moisturize tired and dark skin. With hydrolyzed yeast proteins, optimal whitening extract in Vitamin C and the moisturizing agent CosphingoTM can revitalize skin and rejuvenate its to its original smoothness and softness, reviving skin to its flawless, fair nature.

Nourishing
The deep-sea red algae and the water-like active factor of Malvasylvestris extract can instantly release skin from dryness and enhance its adjustment to the environment. The Sugar Maple complex in sugar cane also brings intense hydration, leaving the skin translucent and moisturized.

Packaging ★★★☆
Application ★★★★☆
Scent ★★★★☆
Price ★★★★★
Effectiveness ★★★★

This is one of its best sellers, most of the people I know tend to repurchase this, because it does... work! I didn't use the mask consistently or continuously, as I only finished 1 box, but I can feel that my skin gets slightly brighter after using this, and my skin also becomes softer and moisturized. The texture and scent of this mask are also quite good compared to some other Taiwanese mask I have tried. I would recommend this as an affordable daily or twice a week skin brightening mask therapy =)


My Beauty Diary Pearl Powder Mask

Whitening and Toning
This mask contains pearl powder essence and essential minerals, as well as long-lasting moisturizing ingredient CosphingoTM to revitalize skin and give it a smooth and dewy look. Other active ingredients include tea polyphenols, black mulberry, licorice, yeast protein, sugar maple, ginkgo, and mallow plant extracts. These provide not only brighter skin but also nourished and smooth skin.

Packaging ★★★
Application ★★★★
Scent ★★★★
Price ★★★★★
Effectiveness ★★★★

I like how this mask feels on my face, it is like having milk and pearl powder in a liquid form on your face. The mask gives a silky feeling, not exactly fresh, but nourishing enough. It also smells like milk. The effect was quite good, giving my face a nourished hence dewy look. I don't believe in magic for your face, so this one functions just as much as it is priced, but it is good enough as a low cost sheet mask. Definitely recommend!


My Beauty Diary Bird's Nest Mask

This mask is enriched with bird nest extracts which are rich in amino acids, collagen and minerals, which can regain the moisture and silkiness of the skin. Other active ingredients include licorice, snow grass, algae, CosphingoTM, hydrolyzed soy and rice protein. These can improve the elasticity and defense of your skin, as well as providing strengthening and lifting effect.

Packaging ★★★☆
Application ★★★★
Scent ★★★★
Price ★★★★★
Effectiveness ★★★★

Since I have used the Imperial Bird' Nest, I would recommend the Imperial Bird's Nest instead of this one. The Imperial one does not only smell better and feel better, it also has better moisturizing effect. This bird nest just feels normal on my face after I have tried the Imperial. The Imperial one isn't particularly rich and sticky, in fact it is even more moisturizing. I don't see why a wise consumer would prefer this over the Imperial Bird' Nest. But again, this is just me. 


My Beauty Diary Bulgarian White Rose Mask

Whitening and Soothing 
This mask has Bulgarian White Rose hydrosol enriched with Vitamin B, C, and E, which can give your skin intense hydration. Other active ingredients include red algae, arnica, aloe vera, cucumber, licorice, kiwi, pineapple and so on. It can tighten and sooth cracked and dry skin, and can also exfoliate and remove dead skin. 

Packaging ★★★
Application ★★★★
Scent ★★★★
Price ★★★★★
Effectiveness ★★★★

I have a neutral feeling about this mask. It performs moderately in terms of moisturizing, brightening, soothing and exfoliating. The most memorable thing about this mask is its sweet rose scent. I guess apart from the romantic feeling I have (imagine loads of beautiful white rose on your face), this mask has done no magic to me. It is just there to make me feel that I am wearing a very sweet and beautiful mask. 

My Beauty Diary Red Wine Mask

Brightening and Revitalizing
The mask contains red grape polyphenols extracted from red wines that can maintain the healthiness of skin and retain moisture. Other active ingredients include camellia seed oil, yeast, red algae, aloe vera, watercress, and so on. These can promote skin growth and regain elasticity and correct sagging condition.

Packaging ★★★
Application ★★★★
Scent ★★★★
Price ★★★★★
Effectiveness ★★★

This mask has a sweet alcohol smell, the texture and scent of this mask are as nice as the others. I feel that this mask feels quite strong on my face, it is a bit irritating, but it does revitalize my skin, but only just revitalizing. Since I used this in my early 20s, I didn't find this mark particularly effective because I didn't have saggy skin problem back then and my skin was not that dull either.


My Beauty Diary Collagen Firming Mask

Intense Plumpiness
This mask contains collagen that can lock moisture inside your skin and improve its elasticity. Other active ingredients include aloe vera, ginseng, centalla asiatica, lemon, algae, licorice and so on. These can remove dirt in your pore, soften your skin and defend your skin against external damages. 

Packaging ★★
Application ★★★
Scent ★★★
Price ★★★★★
Effectiveness ★★★

I don't think that this mask is very effective or impressive. The firming effect is not obvious either. I think I won't repurchase.


My Beauty Diary Japanese Cherry Blossom Mask

This mask claims that it can brighten up your skin and leaving it soft and smooth. 

Packaging ★★
Application ★★★
Scent ★★★
Price ★★★★★
Effectiveness ★★★

I believe this has been discontinued even though it was listed as one of their best sellers. Otherwise, it would not have been here, it would be in my must-buy list. Honestly, this mask isn't that effective in terms of brightening compared to the black pearl mask. However, it carries a very pleasant cherry blossom scent and would leave your skin silky soft afterwards, giving it a radiant and dewy look, which are big pluses of this mask. So I am quite disappointed that it is off the shelves now.


You can get this from: SASA | Hermo | Guardian
[Disclaimer] This is NOT a sponsored review. Products are purchased with my own money. All copy right of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...